Looking for a few technical answers

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
But the key is "Man wolle daran arbeiten, das Spiel optisch auf den Stand zu bringen, den es während der ersten Präsentationen hatte – vor dem „Downgrade“, das ja eigentlich keines war *hust* "

You might find this interesting (5 minutes in) about the game physics
[video=youtube;QjH-iKUEhAU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjH-iKUEhAU&t=05m00s[/video]

"In the future for sure, we will do it"

I'm guessing however he is referring to future CDPR titles and not necessarily The Witcher 3.

OK, some Google Translate: https://translate.google.com/transl...her-3-durchaus-im-bereich-des-moeglichen.html

Iwinsky also not hard to imagine that one could eventually publish a Enhanced Edition of The Witcher. 3 Currently, there are probably still no concrete plans. However, it is not to be thought unreasonable that the company published in perhaps two years a version that includes all previous updates, DLC and improvements and this brings new as Enhanced Edition on the market.

---------- Updated at 04:54 PM ----------

If I understood correctly, currently there are no plans. But enhanced edition is possible in the future (2 years?). So I wouldn't use this as a confirmation that they are already planning it. But it's good that they view it as a possibility.

Last edited:
Moderator: The previously given moderator instructions are to be followed. Members who do not believe themselves obligated to follow forum rules and clearly stated moderator interpretations of those rules may be removed from the forum.

Guest 2364765

I'll just point out that although choice of wording was poor @KNGRSM raised some very legitimate points.

You cant shut down pepole that are asking some awnser for almost a year.
Where is CDPR guys ?
Yes @KNGRSM talked with somme bad words and what happened ?
He has the right to do it cause the modders are loving the game and try to make it better and CDPR profits out of Those mods as free advertisment when everyone praises the witcher 3 mods.
But when the modders have awnsers we shut them down or ignore them ?

Of course not, the best modders receive an handcrafted sword and... a pat on the back.

Oh yea i remember something about free advertisment for christmas sales !

Sorry i think i am tripping they help the modding community there for sure.
Then it was the time that updated modkit to be awsome right ?

Ironic smile
:smiling2:

Last edited:
Moderator's note: Discussion of the questions raised by @skacikpl has not yet been closed. Those questions are the topic at hand, and respectful, calm discussions posted here should remain on that topic. However, more general comments regarding communications should be posted in the thread linked above. And a reminder: Please, try to keep all responses civil, and remember that discussion of moderation must be conducted in private message. Thank you. Carry on.

Guest 2364765

look, only if supported officially by NVIDIA® will grant you access to developer communications channels.

looking at you:

@Burza46
@Vinthir
@TheZnosko
@Czyzyk333
@Lilayah
@cloudstorms
@Miodozer
@REDkatja
@Thorin49
@vennecto
@Marcin Momot
@Michal Janczewski

someone please complete the list of official @CDPR contacts...
So, uh, yeah...
Not sure how am i supposed to react to being ignored multiple times over many months.

Option A) Is that only email works.
Option B) Is to walk straight through the studio's door in Warsaw and ask some questions directly, though that may generate some awkward social interaction situations where i get ignored while invading someone's private space.

I mean unless you live next to CDProjekt's studios... lol.

But if you do, please bring a camera with you :geraltaha: haha!

just when i though about going back to my mods but i see this kind of total ignorance and it make me really sad demotivated

Guest 2364765

Well, i'm not expecting anyone to bother answering over the weekend as i can imagine everyone deserves a rest from their actual work, however as the workdays pass i'd greatly appreciate anyone from CDPR to at least attempt answering my questions.

Guest 2364765

Also, if anyone has his own questions - feel free to post them, i'll update OP with them
(As long as they're related to technical aspects and are phrased appropriately)

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, if anyone has his own questions - feel free to post them, i'll update OP with them
(As long as they're related to technical aspects and are phrased appropriately)

Bearing in mind that such questions are likely to be answered by devs giving up their free time, a large list could be daunting, so people may want to consider asking direct if they have something that they urgently require answers to.

Bearing in mind that such questions are likely to be answered by devs giving up their free time, a large list could be daunting, so people may want to consider asking direct if they have something that they urgently require answers to.

I'm going to have to disagree with this, and I'm not certain what you mean by asking "direct". Many on this forum do not necessarily have a list of devs they can write to directly.

In terms of putting together a list of questions -preferably containing an organized list with categories- it would be far easier for a developer who happens to have time on their hands and is inclined to peruse the forums, to have one designated post as a one stop shop thread to look through, as opposed to weeding through endless posts which, depending on the time and luck of the poster, will or will not be seen.

I'd also recommend against mailbombing the developers, to be honest.

In terms of putting together a list of questions -preferably containing an organized list with categories- it would be far easier for a developer who happens to have time on their hands and is inclined to peruse the forums,

Possibly, but my concern at the moment is that if you all decide to designate this thread the "Technical Questions" thread and the developers don't peruse it and answer the questions in their free time, everyone's going to complain about that. Because this seems a little unilateral.

There's also the issue of "do you have any plans to...?" "would you consider implementing...?" types of questions. If a developer does read them, he'd probably need to clear the answer with someone else before saying anything. Unless you'd be happy with "No, we don't" every time.

I'd recommend using the support form. And one question at a time, so that they can be forwarded to the appropriate person if it isn't a support question.

I'd also recommend against mailbombing the developers, to be honest.
When you specify ask "directly" as you can see, this wasn't clear. If you meant creating a thread for each question, I'd like to paraphrase one dev who actually mentioned that developers don't always browse the forums (understandable) and when they do, it would have to be exactly when the poster created the thread, otherwise it gets buried. This isn't really optimal if one would like their post to actually (at the very least) be seen.

Possibly, but my concern at the moment is that if you all decide to designate this thread the "Technical Questions" thread and the developers don't peruse it and answer the questions in their free time, everyone's going to complain about that. Because this seems a little unilateral.
As you already are aware, complaints are a natural part of any forum where its users are passionate about the subject at hand. Such complaints would not be added to the main (organized) first post, again, making it easier to decipher. This can be specified as a "Thread rule". Edit: The devs obviously reserve the right to answer what they wish to. This can have downsides, but at least there will be some form of communication. There's always the risk of "Why aren't you answering my questions yet you answer others" which is legitimate, however it doesn't change the fact that having a place where they can always look if they do have time easily accessible for the answers they can answer. OP can add "please note, not all questions will be answered" etc.
There's also the issue of "do you have any plans to...?" "would you consider implementing...?" types of questions. If a developer does read them, he'd probably need to clear the answer with someone else before saying anything. Unless you'd be happy with "No, we don't" every time.
As I said above, such posts regardless of where they are on the thread should not be added to the OP, thus keeping everything clear and legible. This could be specified as an additional thread rule. I.e. Posts asking anything along the lines of "Will you be doing such and such in the future" will not be added to the main list. Additionally, the main list of posts, if and when answered, could be moved to the bottom and listed as "Answered questions", and include relevant links, again, to keep it neat and organized.
I'd recommend using the support form. And one question at a time, so that they can be forwarded to the appropriate person if it isn't a support question.

As the support forum (if I understand correctly) is focused on technical issues with the game itself from the player's perspective, and not on exploring the inner workings of the game that is exposed to and utilized by modders, I don't see how sending people there makes much sense, unless I'm wrong?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom