Looking for high-res Dijkstra Propaganda Poster

+
Gilrond-i-Virdan;n9796621 said:
Where did you find it? It's lower resolution in game assets.

I asked one of the forum moderators from CD Projekt if they had a copy and he found one. This is a testament to how amazing this company is. A paid employee read a question I had about a nit-picky piece of artwork from a game 2+ years old and actually found the original and sent it to me. Any other company wouldn't have even read my message, most likely. I asked him for the original Radovid poster too, but they couldn't find it for whatever reason that day. I'm hoping that I will be able to obtain it eventually, as I'm trying to find better images for the Witcher wiki articles that are relevant to the art. We should continue to voice our interest so that this might come about.

Gilrond-i-Virdan;n9796731 said:
Are you going to update the posters page? https://witcher.gamepedia.com/Posters

It would benefit from higher resolution images.

I use and edit this wiki: http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Posters

I haven't updated the posters on this page yet because I haven't been able to obtain the full-sized original Radovid poster. I will certainly add the images to the other wiki if I do get the second poster. Any help in obtaining this second poster would be appreciated. We just need to show CD Projekt that we want it. Please send halp.

Gilrond-i-Virdan;n9796751 said:
Ah, I thought all Witcher community moved to Gamepedia after the known story. I haven't used Wikia in ages. I'll update the poster on the community wiki then.

What's the known story? I thought that the Wikia was more popular.

cajsoccer;n9796761 said:
What's the known story? I thought that the Wikia was more popular.

No idea about popularity, I don't keep track of that. There was some very unpleasant story at Wikia several years ago, that caused all serious community contributors to move to Gamepedia. I'm trying to find a thread about it (it used to be sticky for everyone's attention, but now it's gone somewhere in the depths of the forum).

Personally, I find Wikia behavior to be rather unpleasant in general. In the past their staff copied my articles over to their wiki almost verbatim, so I'm kind of upset at such attitude.

For example see this article which I wrote mostly myself: https://witcher.gamepedia.com/A_Night_to_Remember

Compare it to Wikia one.

Last edited:
Gilrond-i-Virdan;n9796791 said:
No idea about popularity, I don't keep track of that. There was some very unpleasant story at Wikia several years ago, that caused all serious community contributors to move to Gamepedia. I'm trying to find a thread about it (it used to be sticky for everyone's attention, but now it's gone somewhere in the depths of the forum).

Personally, I find Wikia behavior to be rather unpleasant in general. In the past their staff copied my articles over to their wiki almost verbatim, so I'm kind of upset at such attitude.

For example see this article which I wrote mostly myself: https://witcher.gamepedia.com/A_Night_to_Remember

Compare it to Wikia one.

oh, wow i had no idea about any of that. i have noticed that some of the wikia and gamepedia articles were almost the same word for word, but i assumed that the copying was the other way around. maybe i will move to the gamepedia website. anyway, tell me if youre able to find the Radovid poster.

SMiki55, Gamewidow and KasiaDiamondDove are wiki veterans, and they can probably explain what happened. I don't remember the details, only that all community contributors that I knew from the forum, asked to move to Gamepedia. If I'll find that thread, I'll link it here.

Last edited:
cajsoccer;n9796721 said:
I asked one of the forum moderators from CD Projekt if they had a copy and he found one. This is a testament to how amazing this company is.

Whom did you ask? I'm also looking for some higher resolution images (but not posters in this case). Do they mind if you share that info?

Top Bottom