Looking for the "Rare" book

+
Looking for the "Rare" book

Like many other fans, of the game, I also want to read the books. I live in Israel [and sadly, as you may guess no one heard about the books, only about the game]. I know English and Russian pretty well, and I heard that the Russian translation is pretty good.Anyway, in the short way, I have no idea where to get the books.My only way to get the books, as I see it, is to find it on the Internet. Well, I need your help finding those books. I'm not sure how many books there are, so if you can pleas tell me how many books there are and what is the order of them. Anyway, the point is simple:Where can I at least the first few books in English\ Russian?

You need to look at ebay.ru, Sapkowki books are very expenis beacus there are not so popular as Harry Potter :D You can serch russian board's and post there that you want to buy some cool Witcher books ^ ^ I can't find it for you beacus i don't know any russi's words and my english is not good too.PS: Learn polish, if you knowu our red freind language then polish is easy :]

bekoo said:
You need to look at ebay.ru, Sapkowki books are very expenis beacus there are not so popular as Harry Potter :D You can serch russian board's and post there that you want to buy some cool Witcher books ^ ^ I can't find it for you beacus i don't know any russi's words and my english is not good too.PS: Learn polish, if you knowu our red freind language then polish is easy :]
Thanks for help guys. Ill try get "The Last Wish" at English\ Russian. I already found out that we got "The Blood of the elves" in our library :DI'm on the waiting list. By the way I noticed that I understand many words in polish, yet learning to write & read is anther thing \:

ausir

Forum veteran
Don't forget to get "The Sword of Destiny" in Russian between "The Last Wish" and "Blood of Elves". :)

God damn it I feel like I live at the end of the world.... I can't find the books anywhere in Romania... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Don't worry Aeonn, I'm sure these books will get here eventually too. I mean, if you live in Bucharest there are a lot of foreign books in foreign languages that you can find at the Diverta store in Plaza Romania. I bought about 5 LOTR books from there in English. A Song of Ice and Fire has also recently reached Romania. The first book has been released in many bookstores, translated in romanian. I even found it at the corner-bookstore near the appartment block where I live. I'd say there are chances that we could be seeing "The Last Wish" by Sapkowski in Romania in the near future. Since the book has been translated into English, we romanians could probably find it at a store that sells foreign language books. If not, maybe it will even be translated into romanian. Why shouldn't it be? I mean, it's been translated in so many languages, russian, spanish, hungarian etc.

I really hope so... but some of the novels appeared fist time in '95-'96 how long do we have to wait to find them here.....Thanks for the reply and by the way, Happy Holidays everybody !!!! :)Aeonn

Well, you are right. A Game of Thrones first appeared in 1996 and it appeared in Romania late this year. I don't kow when The Last Wish was published for the first time in Poland, but hopefully we can see it on shelves in years to come. If not in Romanian, an English translation would be just as appreciated, at least from my point of view.And as was said above, merry christmas and a happy new year! That or hanuka, whatever is your religion's dominant celebration this time of year.

"The Last Wish" was published in 1993, but some of the individual stories within the book were first published in Fantastyka magazine as early as 1986.

I couldn't wait so I bought it from amazon :) but only the "last wish" because i couldn't find the others, never mind, my patience is limitless :)) :p

Only The Last Wish is available in English for now. Others are available in Polish, Russian, Czech, Spanish, French, Lithuanian and German.

Top Bottom