Looking for tips for making Scoia'tael react to weather cards

+
Looking for tips for making Scoia'tael react to weather cards

I've recently started using a Scoia'tael deck after I got some pretty good silver/gold cards from Keg openings.
It's working out pretty decently against NR and Skellige, but I'm having trouble countering Monster weather decks.
Any tips or suggestions on choosing specific cards or strategies to react to weather?

My current Scoia'tael deck is here: http://www.gwentdb.com/deckbuilder/...:4:2;50105:1:1;50110:4:1;50123:1:3;50151:4:2;

I would trade 1 lacerate for 1 more clear skies if monsters are giving you trouble. Trade Geralt for Geralt: Igni.

Definitely switch out Sheldon Skaggs for something else (he's probably the worst Scoia'tael silver IMO). Maybe Aelirenn instead to synergize with your vanguards and Insengrim. In the right circumstances you could end up taking 4, 5 or 6 points from every opposing non-gold unit. It's always a risky play though. Decoy is always a solid choice for card advantage. Other okay options would include Sarah or Cirian. I would normally recommend Aeromancy, but it's not very useful against monsters and since that's the deck giving you trouble I'd say stick away from it this time. Decoy is probably the safest bet.

Last edited:
Rawls;n7010140 said:
I would trade 1 lacerate for 1 more clear skies if monsters are giving you trouble. Trade Geralt for Geralt: Igni.

Definitely switch out Sheldon Skaggs for something else (he's probably the worst Scoia'tael silver IMO). Maybe Aelirenn instead to synergize with your vanguards and Insengrim. In the right circumstances you could end up taking 4, 5 or 6 points from every opposing non-gold unit. It's always a risky play though. Decoy is always a solid choice for card advantage + Aglais or Insengrim replay. Other okay options would include Sarah or Cirian. I would normally recommend Aeromancy, but it's not very useful against monsters and since that's the deck giving you trouble I'd say stick away from it this time. Decoy is probably the safest bet.

Thanks a lot Rawls :) Lots of good ideas here. Will try them out.
Currently lacking Geralt: Igni and Decoy, but have a few hundred scraps handy, so will try some of the other cards you've mentioned.

devivre;n7009990 said:
http://www.gwentdb.com/cards/50109-ida-emean

Can be reused with decoy, or the leader ability of Eithne

she is only useful at end if you are using special cards & as I know Sco. is based on special cards more as well monster having unit cards too who spawns weather so over all Sco. is not a good chance against monster.

best card against monster but very risky too as monster players destroying it as soon as they see it hahahaha
neutral silver card -Sarah - http://www.gwentdb.com/cards/584-sarah

Last edited:
aadi4287;n7010330 said:
Thanks a lot Rawls :) Lots of good ideas here. Will try them out.
Currently lacking Geralt: Igni and Decoy, but have a few hundred scraps handy, so will try some of the other cards you've mentioned.

Just a heads up because I already changed it above. I somehow forgot about one thing with decoy. It doesn't work on gold cards. It's still very useful for card advantage or if you want to throw a round.

TH3WITCH3R;n7010390 said:
she is only useful at end if you are using special cards & as I know Sco. is based on special cards more as well monster having unit cards too who spawns weather so over all Sco. is not a good chance against monster.

best card against monster but very risky too as monster players destroying it as soon as they see it hahahaha
neutral silver card -Sarah - http://www.gwentdb.com/cards/584-sarah

Sarah is good but easily killed.

If you time ida well she's pretty effective against weather. Sure it's not 100% safe but that's the strategy that works best for me (with Sarah as backup).

devivre;n7014330 said:
Sarah is good but easily killed.

If you time ida well she's pretty effective against weather. Sure it's not 100% safe but that's the strategy that works best for me (with Sarah as backup).

yes I too have both cards & when those new works nicely but now as most players knows what these cards do they are smart & using weather or any other encounter even you are going to use ida. yes but if are done with your special cards she is really useful if you got her in hand off course :)

Last edited:
Yaevinn is obviously your choice here. Here is my advice: take one fog card and Yaevinn's card. Then when you'll fog you can place him right under it so that his 11 strength would reduce to 1. Why fog you'll ask. With monsters, it works brilliantly. When you place fog there are usually Foglet that appear in line. So when they do that your Yaevinn will just destroy all 3 of them (and hurt one more) and even will give you an extra card.

Top Bottom