Looking to make a Whispering Hillock deck..

+
Legendarum;n10244512 said:
DRK3 Ahh to be honest I do like the sound of that deck, the simplicity kind of appeals to me. Sadly I'm 100% out of scraps now after crafting the Moonlight deck. Though I'm so in to Monsters right now, it wont be long before I can afford another type of deck to mess around with - and I think you've convinced me relicts sounds pretty fun.

iamthedave Thanks for posting all that information! However one thing confused me, if you desperately need Weavess for your deck to work ''and so it must use all the options available to find her'' - wouldn't Royal Decree be a better option than Lesser Demons? - Perhaps in place of Whispess: Tribute? Seeing as from what I can gather, Tribute can only find Mandrake, and having the three silver crones plus Mandrake to want to mulligan away, doesn't sound like it leaves you a lot of room for other mulligans.

That was my only thought! Honestly thank you very much for sharing your list!

You are partly right. The issue with Royal Decree is that you really only want Weavess. As in she's the only one that's VITAL. The others are just nice to have. So Royal Decree would be a dead card essentially, every time you draw Weavess. I find that most of the time you draw at least 1 gold, and usually 2 (not a statistician but I think the odds of 2 golds in an opening hand of 10 from a deck of 25 is about 45%, maybe higher via mulligans). If one of those two is Ge'els, you now have a 50% chance of drawing Weavess.

HOWEVER, if you have Weavess already, Ge'els provides flexibility, because he searches a gold, but he also searches a silver. There's plenty of occasions when being able to search She-Troll is a lifesaver, and sometimes needed to 'activate' your double deathwish resurrection if you're up against anti-graveyard hate like Caretaker, Alghoul and Vicovaro.

So Royal Decree technically does the job better, but the deck gets Weavess reliably enough that I feel Ge'els is the better overall choice.

Besides, you often win games by 1 point with this deck, so that 1 point from Ge'els can literally win the game for you :D

As always, I recommend testing yourself when you have the resources. At the very least play with Royal Decree a bunch. It's not a card many people use. I think the only decks that really 'staple' it are the gimmick ones like Kambi and Ciri (the one built around repeatedly drawing and discarding her).

Side note: I call this deck 'All In The Family', since the mother of the crones leads it, and it has all three as golds and uses them as its preferred finisher.

What level are you playing with this deck? Cause I'm playing a similar relicts deck and I don't find Weavess to be anywhere near as desperately needed. It's very nice if you pull her, but I can still usually win even if I don't pull her.

I've been having some fun with a relict deck, as well. Last season it got me to rank 18, but not above. My latest version is:
Whispering Hillock

​​​​​​Golds: Weavess, Caretaker, Aguara, Uma - Uma basically is just for fun, the other three are relicts

Silvers: Crones, Sarah (replace one gold if needed plus relict), Morvudd, Striga (very effective against those Henselt machines)

Bronzes: 3 Fiends, 2 Reconnaissance (there are not a lot of good bronzes, so they help finding the few), 3 Archespores, 2 Ghouls, 2 Wild Hunt Hounds, 2 Frost, 1 Clear Skys

As I said, it's far from being meta, but it's fun to play. And I have to say, too: Whispering Hillock almost always provides good choices for cards.

I added Rotfiends and played with Arachas Queen as my leader instead of archespores but I am tempted to see if the spores give me better value for money.

Karajorma;n10252702 said:
What level are you playing with this deck? Cause I'm playing a similar relicts deck and I don't find Weavess to be anywhere near as desperately needed. It's very nice if you pull her, but I can still usually win even if I don't pull her.

The problem is that you lose a lot of power if you don't play her. And that lost power matters when you don't have a lot of boost synergy.

Last edited:
Karajorma;n10252702 said:

Just realised I never answered your actual question. I dinged rank 19 the other night, so getting towards 4k. About 3.8?. Yourself?

Johnny can be also Good Silver relict with Weavess: Incantation.

Olgiern is Cursed

Johnny + Olgiern = Carry Over And gain of Silver ( Scorch / Artefact ;)

Last edited:
iamthedave;n10340352 said:
Just realised I never answered your actual question. I dinged rank 19 the other night, so getting towards 4k. About 3.8?. Yourself?

Ah, much lower. About half that level and I'm not having any problems there.

You'll find as you go up in rank that you win by slimmer and slimmer margins. I frequently win on just one point. Also, as fiends are very common targets for the cyclops (otherwise you end up begging to be scorched), those extra 2 points of damage really can make a difference.

I m working on a deathwish deck with whispering hillock :
Gold :
Miruna (best tempo swing if miruna survives 2 turns)
Brewess : ritual (as opener in R3 or to revive deathwishes i R1 if needed)
Ge'Els : tutor for Gold or flexibility to get a silver
Royal Decree : to be sure to get miruna/ Brewess when needed

To be considered : G : Igni

Silver :
She-Troll
Maerolorn
Scorch (never go without your scorch)
Marching orders (always sure to get she-troll)
Monster nest (for barbegazi to get some CA or rotfiend to puish row stacking)
Frightener (combo with miruna)

To be considered : Compression (instead of scorch), Morvudd (for the lock), Mandrake, Abaya, double-cross

Bronze :
3 x Recon
3 x Griffin
3 x D 'ao
3 x Cyclop
3 x Archespore

Aim is to use D'ao + griffin to get tempo (17 pts bronze) and cyclops only to snipe enemy key cards

If you have some other silver / golds to consider or comments it would be appreciated

Last edited:
Might also consider nekker warrior in place of cyclops, since you're running decent thinning, you can play them into whatever you're short on (usually griffins) and use recon to pull those extra's out

DRK3

Forum veteran
I have a similar deck, and it has mixed results.

Although i dont use the tutor cards like Marching Orders or Royal Decree, always seemed to me like a waste of Silver / Gold Slots. And not a fan of Succubus, when there was Gold Immunity she was dangerous but with only 4 pts, 4 out of 5 times someone plays her against me, i shut it down, and im not even big on control decks.

Good luck with it, i hope deathwish can prove itself valuable.

You don't need ge'els AND royal decree; you're dedicating two slots to golds that give you almost no power. Go with ge'els and the gold crone who grabs organic cards. With Mandrake and Monster nest she should always have a target. Woodland Spirit is also a worthwhile consideration, given it's just generically one of Monsters' best golds.

rotfiend is almost always the she-troll's best target, as it allows you to play it late and guarantee a trigger on a stacked row, which is a very common situation now. In addition sometimes its nice to just play one and griffin trigger. So work one of those in there. I'd take out one or two recons for a couple of slyzards. There's no replacement for getting that third archespore out for reviving later, or whatever third of you need, or an extra griffin or d'ao or whatever.

hmm, I'd prefer reconnaisance instead of slyzards. You need Dead deathwish mosnters for Brewess: Ritual to revive.

And yeah, invest in one Rotfiend or two. But not more usually. You don't want a lot of those. Playing them is good enough reason for the opponent to start placing units on a different row. You need just one for your She troll, maybe even a second after the enemy has already played a lot of units in the row.

After testing, I agree that 1 rotfiend is good, especially with the ST spamming decks.
Probably in exchange of a cyclop

Also for golds, I prefer running royal decree to give +2 to miruna so she has a bit more chance to survive, also royal decree is guaranteed choice when ge els is only +1 and you can miss the gold you want

Compression seems better cause archespore can fuck of scorch with the RNG

i was experimenting with arach drones but later i found out that whispering hillock works wonder with this deck i have all exept the hillock which i am soon crafting. I will post the refined deck not the one i am using now i hope you find it fun
Gold : Kauran; Triss:butterflyes; Whispess: tribute; Regis/ replacements in gold for regis is Imlerith; muzzle; miruna( extra removal targets are always wellcome) Regis: higher vampire . Regis is there instead of scorch mechanic to drain your oponents greatswords or ciri;nova
Silver : Monster nest, Toad prince, Ruehin, Ozzrel, mourntard, decoy / consider replacing the last 3 for the crones i preffer to have more consumes and you can always add mandrake for the golden whisspess.
Bronze : arach behemothsx3. arach dronesx3 nekker warrior x3 Slyzard x3 barbegazi x3.
All you want to do is spawn some behemonths carefull they will remove them a lot. than consume once to spawn the drones. copy them with necker warriors than the lyzards lets you slim your deck from your other warriors thus making more drones. boost them with ruehin dont use her right away since the tokens behemoths spawn are boosted if you play her afterward and triss butterfly will boost the lowest units you have that are a lot you will get at least +4 value from a single consume. You swarm the board very quickly so be carefull for overcommitments. Whispering hillock will spawn you a monster nest and a arach behemoth and whispess tribute will cast monster nest from your deck. you can run a mandrake if your draws are unlucky or manticore venom. Don't try to remove consumes you need them a lot although the 3 archspores are nice cards. Mourntard wil lconsume all your arach drones in your graveyard + the other cards you spawned for a whooping lategame boost or a consume of your choice.

Last edited:
Top Bottom