Loot and crafting improvements

+
Just posting these suggestions in the hopes someone at CDPR might read them. Feel free to discuss. They are pretty major changes. The crafting system and technical ability skill tree really need some help. However, I’m trying to keep the essence of the current system intact while adding interesting choices when it comes to gearing and crafting.
  • Remove all cheap junk items. Particularly, the junk items that sell for 3 eddies. It’s not fun to pick these up all over the place. It’s not fun to sell or disassemble them either. It’s just a chore. Turn them into static clutter in the world.
  • Add more high value junk items. Some junk items sell for 750 eddies. These are worth taking the time to sell since it gives the player some bonus eddies.
  • Junk items and consumable drinks should not be disassemblable. It’s really strange that I can make a high end sniper rifle from a bunch of ashtrays, a few packs of cards, some energy drinks and my grandma’s old jewelry. Components should only come from drops/chests and disassembling weapons (maybe clothes but more on that later).
  • Replace the Scrapper perk (automatically disassemble junk items) with the Waste Not Want Not perk (get attached mods back when disassembling) in the Crafting skill tree. Dissembling junk items is no longer a part of the game. Keeping mods when disassembling items will be very important with the changes below since modding will be a core part of the game.
  • Show the item / upgrade level in an item’s description. When I hover over a weapon in my inventory I should be able to tell how many more times I can upgrade it. Right now I go to the crafting menu and just click upgrade until I can’t any more.
  • Remove the armor stat from all clothes. Clothes should be cosmetic only.
  • Remove the 200% Efficiency perk (2.5 percent more armor) from the crafting skill three. Replace it with a perk that further improves crafted gear worn by the player.
  • Standardize clothing mod slots. For example, upper torso clothing will always have two mod slots. Maybe boots and pants will have one mod slot each. I’d take it a step further and standardize what types of mods can be slotted into different types of clothing. For example, you can only slot armor into the upper torso slot.
  • Remove clothing rarity (epic, uncommon, etc). No longer needed. Currently rarity determines the number of mods on a piece of clothing.
  • Clothing should not be disassemblable or upgradeable. No longer needed with the above changes.
  • Improve the armor stat for the Subdermal Armor cybernetic mod -blank-. This is largely to ensure balance since armor from clothing has been removed. The damage formula could be reworked instead.
  • Standardize weapon mod slots. For example, a pistol might have two mod slots while a sniper rifle has three. Different makers could have a different number of mod slots. For example, a lexington pistol might have two mod slots while a unity pistol has just one mod slot but has a higher base damage.
  • Rework weapon rarity. Rarity is determined by item / upgrade level. For example, an item is uncommon if it has an upgrade level of 1 - 10. Common items range from upgrade level 11 - 20. Rare items are 21 - 30, Epic items are 31 - 40. Legendary items are 41 - 50. Level ranges subject to change.
  • Merge Common Item Components and Common Upgrade Components into just Common Components. These are used for crafting and upgrading items.
  • The rarity of the weapon determines the rarity of the components needed to upgrade the weapon. It also determines the rarity of the components received when disassembling an item.
  • Remove the random damage type added to a weapon when it's crafted. This should be a mod. Might require rebalancing weapon damage.
Or instead of the above release a devkit.

Should, Remove, Merge, Rework, Need, Improve, Replace, Show.... CDPR is from rather small eastern Europe country, but you try to convince 5 or 6 billionaires. Or are you telling them what they will do now? You think that CEO, who decides which ideas from his over 600 employees will be in his final product, will look at your imperatives and... Let's do this!

Should, Remove, Merge, Rework, Need, Improve, Replace, Show.... CDPR is from rather small eastern Europe country, but you try to convince 5 or 6 billionaires. Or are you telling them what they will do now? You think that CEO, who decides which ideas from his over 600 employees will be in his final product, will look at your imperatives and... Let's do this!

What are you on about?

Top Bottom