Loot gathering

+
Loot gathering

Is the loot random in this game or dynamic? I've looked at a few forums and didn't find the answer.

What do you mean random or dynamic? I think they have placed specific loot in specific places and the really common ones scale to your level while special ones remain as they are intended to be.

You pretty much answered my question. If I went to place "A" at level 1 and i went to that same spot at level 12 on a different play though would i receive the same loot.

Last edited:
You pretty much answered my question. If I went to place "A" at level 1 and i went to that same spot at level 12 on a different play though would i receive the same loot.
Ah, okay. Just a clarification, in this case I think you will find the same loot. Common items scale down to your level. They don't scale up. As to special items, as said they retain their level and place throughout the game.

Don't forget that you "can't" get every loot in a spot on every level. There are places with stronger monsters which you only can reach with a higher level. I don't think that you will get low-loot there.

Devs said that some of the loot is fixed (like at the end of some quests) and some is randomized (like some chests and drops)
Source: some dev interview

Based on the previews, it would appear that loot in established locations, like dungeons, is fixed, while loot from enemies is level-based. There might also be some overworld chests that could have randomised loot, but especially the IGN streams seem to indicate that fixed loot containers are a lot more common, since the devs were directing the reviewer into opportune locations for good loot.

Top Bottom