Looting weapons from bodies

+
I think this might need to be fixed. Most of the time, if you stealth kill an enemy before they draw their weapon (strangling, silenced shot, quickhack) the weapon cannot be looted from the body. It should be there. It's almost like a punishment to you for doing it sleazy instead of guns blazing, like the OK corral.

It doesn't bother me more than that because there is already so much to loot :)
But also because I'm stealthy with a silenced weapon. So the first enemy does not drop a weapon, but all following ones do (being alerted). I am rarely in "phantom" mode, where no enemy is alerted.
But I agree, they should have their weapons in their inventory if they didn't draw them (rather logical).

I think this might need to be fixed. Most of the time, if you stealth kill an enemy before they draw their weapon (strangling, silenced shot, quickhack) the weapon cannot be looted from the body. It should be there. It's almost like a punishment to you for doing it sleazy instead of guns blazing, like the OK corral.
I like the looting system but wished my Netrunner could loot intel by jacking into an enemies biomon like we did with Sandra Dorsett and the Netwatch agent Bryce Mosley. This system happening continuously through-out the game seems to only serve as a function for key events in the story sadly. I hope in future DLC we are attacked by Netrunners who have taken important intel from us that forces our character to recover it. Similar to cyberpsycho missions, in the end we receive a very interesting reward for our efforts in defending ourselves from these attacks.

Last edited:
I've noticed that a lot of the times the loot from stealth killed enemies or ones you hide in a container have loot that drops in a bag and that bag is often floating in the air and easy to miss. Other times i've found the gun on the ground near them or on their person, I dont know that i've ever felt a gun was missing entirely. Sometimes it seems like loot is even duplicated where they drop a gun and then have a duplicate of that gun on their person.

And, while we're on the topic... those items that drop but cannot be picked up because reasons.
It's like they've fallen juuuuuuust underneath something and so, while the icon is visible, the LOS for the player can't reach it.

Or something.

I've noticed that a lot of the times the loot from stealth killed enemies or ones you hide in a container have loot that drops in a bag and that bag is often floating in the air and easy to miss. Other times i've found the gun on the ground near them or on their person, I dont know that i've ever felt a gun was missing entirely. Sometimes it seems like loot is even duplicated where they drop a gun and then have a duplicate of that gun on their person.
In 1.2/1.21 (not yet tested on 1.22), if you loot the bag, go far enough and come back, you can loot the same item (endlessly repeatable) :(
For my little experience, if they drop two weapons, generally it's because they drop a weapon one time when you shoot/hit them, and drop a second time when they die (or knockout). Particularly if you have legendary "Short Circuit" QH (you shoot them with gun and they are knockout with the "short circuit" passive effect).

Never seen those bags. When I stealth kill someone, they will have on them varied junk, but not their weapon. I think they will have the same junk things that they would have had if I killed them when they had their weapon out, except that the weapon will only appear if it was actually out, and will be on the ground.

Never seen those bags. When I stealth kill someone, they will have on them varied junk, but not their weapon. I think they will have the same junk things that they would have had if I killed them when they had their weapon out, except that the weapon will only appear if it was actually out, and will be on the ground.
Those bags appear when you kill/knockout an enemy and put his body into a container without looting him ;)

And, while we're on the topic... those items that drop but cannot be picked up because reasons.
It's like they've fallen juuuuuuust underneath something and so, while the icon is visible, the LOS for the player can't reach it.

Or something.
Yeah, it's pretty bad in the Badlands, you can't loot the weapons because they're hiding under the bush.... And not to mention those embedded into the mesh, I think most posters complain about as they can't be looted.

How do I know they're embedded making them unlootable? Simple, I used my Black Unicorn katana on the mesh that prevented looting of a weapon once, and it was destructible. Once the mesh was gone, I could pick it up. So, they need a system that prevents all items from getting embedded into the mesh. This would solve all those unlootable eddies you can't pick up as well.

Or something.
Loot clearly clips through the ground occasionally. It seemed like it was happening less in 1.2 but now in 1.22 it seems to be common, again. Maybe I just didn't notice as much for awhile.

Loot clearly clips through the ground occasionally. It seemed like it was happening less in 1.2 but now in 1.22 it seems to be common, again. Maybe I just didn't notice as much for awhile.
I spent a few months just not playing the game, so I don't have that comparison to make, myself.

That said, the most egregious examples are Samurai albums lying on the ground.
You can see them, they're clearly flush with the surface, the icon pops up, but the prompt to take them never appears.
I did once manage to pick one up in the most counter-intuitive way (which only works about 10% of the time), by not pointing the reticle at it, instead looking up, horizontally, like normal, and walking over it while mashing 'F'. That works veeeeerrrrry occasionally.

That said, the most egregious examples are Samurai albums lying on the ground.
Honestly for 3 eddies or 3 common components i leave them where they are and i will definitely miss them :)
Items don't seem worse in 1.2+ (money is, it's sure). For weapons, i don't know, maybe the method of killing them may be important (with shotgun in combat or with Gun/silencer). It's sur, it's more frequent in Badlands since day-one :)

Top Bottom