Lords of the Fallen

+
Yeah, not sure about the game story and setting myself in a game apparently dedicated to combat, can't see the "depth" of it at all through what they've shown so far, even less when choosing to do a sidequest or not qualifies as being a "choice & consequence" (%$£µ*§#?!?!?!) thingy.

Well, let's wait for reviews (or a heavy steam sale, in my case).

Now that was a fucking good and detailed review, better than any i've seen from a game journalist in fucking years, and they wonder why we're abandoning them. Based on that I think I might get the game, have to watch a few more after release, make sure its not just a good preview build but fairly positive by sounds of it.

I like the staff has some leather stripes hanging, very nice detail here. Clothes and armors overall, animation and details, look very good on the protagonist.

I like the staff has some leather stripes hanging, very nice detail here. Clothes and armors overall, animation and details, look very good on the protagonist.

That cloak clipping is going to make me not wear shields at all though. I also don't like how the character runs down the stairs.

But overall as you said - nice attention to detail and animations.

Why would you equip a shield if you're not going to use it :p Clipping only exists with the cloak when you've got the shield on your back, as in when you are not using it.

Where was he hiding his hammer? And how can he rummage through his magical underwear (I assume) in mid fight? Ahh.. video games.

Looks kind of fun though.

Last edited:
Enemies only respawn if you die. They mentioned it in the livestream.

And how can he rummage through his magical underwear (I assume) in mid fight? Ahh.. video games.

Just how it goes. I do wish games had a realistic inventory system, like the first Witcher...but there's a price ones pays for having a lot armors and items in a game and that price in unrealistic equipment loads.

@Volsung @Costin

an inventory screen with the game pausing should just be phased out from gaming completely

a realistic inventory system though would just be kinda tedious in games like Dark Souls and it'll probably be as tedious in this game. Imagine going back to the bonfire when you get an item every time.

Last edited:
The way I see it, a "realistic" inventory system would add an extra layer of planning and compromise to an otherwise heavily action oriented game. You could upgrade a suit of armor you like or replace it with another one you like better, not both.

I also think it would be a great addition to a game that presents itself as "hardcore".

But yeah ultimately they have to balance things out and make sure it's also fun.

https://fr.gamesplanet.com/game/lords-of-the-fallen-limited-edition--2705-1
Found the limited edition of the game for 33€. Apparently it's a legit retailer, it has a partnership with the main french website for gaming (jeuxvideo.com is France's IGN in a way). But since I'm not 100% sure I have asked the devs on Facebook.
I would feel like shit if I don't support the devs, even if I have strong doubts about the game.

The game got a 5/10 on Gamekult (France 2nd gaming website), for all it's worth. The reviewer is a big DS fan and has a strong bias for interesting gameplay mechanics.
http://www.gamekult.com/jeux/test-lords-of-the-fallen-SU3050011922t.html

Edit: meanwhile... Am I the only one who thought Harkin looked a lot like JCVD (shape/eyes)?

Now I'm thinking of epic splits, I know how Harkin got his sins...
[video=youtube;2vw_-uylxNE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vw_-uylxNE[/video]

Last edited:
I also think it would be a great addition to a game that presents itself as "hardcore".

Hardcore doesn't just mean tedious boring stuff. It can mean a game where actually thinking on both your feet during a battle or also patiently while deciding which path you are going to take not knowing what you will encounter.
@Cheylus Never would have thought of that but you're right.

Another very interesting review:
[video=youtube;cD3l-3iipy8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cD3l-3iipy8[/video]

In some parts the camera shacking is unbearable (around 8 min)

Last edited:
Top Bottom