Lords of the Fallen

+
Oh this is ancient already! Best of wishes to the team and I'll certainly follow the games development.

Damn. I really can't wait to see the game. Premise sounds interesting as hell, combat draws inspiration from games with awesome mechanics. Sounds promising so far.

Personally i dont like hack'n slash action RPGs with little custumisation,i don't know if this this game will do that but i hope they do not.IMO from this article it seems to me that the story is a little bit shallow,but we will se in time.Demons are overused in medival RPGs and i wouldn't like the plot to be based around them.Demons...Gods,high unrealistic fantasy,just not my type of games.I prefer a deep,dark,realistic RPG like the old RPGs and TW,TW2 and maybe even DAO.Right now i don't like it,but maybe i'm wrong about this,only time can tell.

P.S god i had high hopes for kingdoms of amalur but it turned down to be an RPG with a shallow story,many bugs,plot holes and the combat gets repetative,too easy and boring after 10 hours of gameplay...Once i killed a dude and i speaked to an other dude and he said to me:you got to meet this dude he is blah blah...He was talking about the dude i killed 1 min ago and the game didn't do anything about it,no concequences same things just like when he was alive,and once you max out a talent tree you have no reason to lvl up,combat becomes too easy.And the story is rly lame compared to rival RPGs IMO.

"P.S god i had high hopes for kingdoms of amalur but it turned down to be an RPG with a shallow story,many bugs,plot holes and the combat gets repetative,too easy and boring after 10 hours of gameplay... "

Sorry, but I just have to say that the combat isn't repetitive if you bother to try...not only are there those 6 or so base weapons, with which you can choose many different properties that change the combat style (or even make your own weapons with different properties), there are lots of special attacks for each weapon, which can be combined with spells, which in themselves can be combined with each other without a weapon, and the different class types do dramatically change gameplay...at least this is what I found.

Sorry, back on topic ;)

Damn when I read the title I thought they were remaking Myth: The Fallen Lords, still this looks like one to watch.

IceEpicX said:
...Once i killed a dude and i speaked to an other dude and he said to me:you got to meet this dude he is blah blah...He was talking about the dude i killed 1 min ago and the game didn't do anything about it,no concequences same things just like when he was alive

I had something almost exactly the same happen to me in Skyrim. A guy came running out of nowhere and handed me something he'd stolen. I killed him, and then some guards came over stood right next to his dead body and asked me where he went. My dialog options were "he went that way" or "I didn't see anyone".

Thothistox said:
I had something almost exactly the same happen to me in Skyrim. A guy came running out of nowhere and handed me something he'd stolen. I killed him, and then some guards came over stood right next to his dead body and asked me where he went. My dialog options were "he went that way" or "I didn't see anyone".

Yeah it maybe happens a few times in Skyrim,but Amalur is the world where everyone ignores your decisions,no wait,thats my life :(

Kiding,yeah in skyrim i guess it was a bug,but in amaulr it is a desgin error,and i don't like it at all!People ignoring your decisions bah!

If LORDS of the FALLEN is coming out year from now or less, why we cant hear anything about it at all!? No announcements about development progress, just one old artwork! Its minus one year away, not sure how they are planning to build up hype few months before game comes out. Hopefully LORDS of the FALLEN will be on Gamescom I'm actually looking forward to it!

Sken

Forum veteran
Hi All,

Hope this is ok to post here, please delete if not.

A new RPG is in the works from one of the former Witcher developers.
My link

Project RPG has been unveiled by City Interactive and German studio Deck13. Title confirmed as 'Lord Of The Fallen'.

The yet-to-be-named title will be helmed by Tomasz Gop, a former senior producer at The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings studio CD Projekt RED.

Still early in development, the action role-playing game will focus specifically on player skill to progress forward, with a story that is designed to be mirror users' own actions and playstyle through its vision and ideologies.

The world is set 1,000 years after the death of a God, whose corpse is a mountain that splits the world into two sides, each with their own philosophy.

Players will cross the border between the two sides early in the game, and must decide to align with one or the other.

The approach to combat is inspired by Dark Souls, Kingdoms of Amalur and Batman: Arkham City, in that it features systems that are simple to grasp but filled with depth.

Enemies will be designed to be recognisable not by their appearance but their behaviour and fighting style.

It has also already been confirmed to feature a New Game Plus option after completion.

Project RPG is currently entering its prototype phase, and is scheduled to be released on Xbox 360, PS3 and PC sometime in 2013.

A couple of threads got merged here, in case anyone wondered.

(And it's great to see what Tomasz Gop is up to nowadays)

dragonbird said:
A couple of threads got merged here, in case anyone wondered.

(And it's great to see what Tomasz Gop is up to nowadays)

noticed

(and yes it is)

[and this is a cool way to respond to 2 different conversations at the same time :p ]

This post is part of part of my WGK2013 impressions :)

City Interactive's presentation, titled "Like a Boss", showcased two boss battles, from Alien Rage (an fps) and Lords of the Fallen. Michał Muk, working on AR and Tom Gop, lead for LotF, first talked about some of the processes behind designing a memorable, compelling boss - one of the key elements mentioned was dividing the battle into stages, with the bosses getting new moves, visual and sound changes etc. This both raises the challenge and gives the player a sense of progression throughhout the battle.

Then, they showed the actual battles, live, with each dev playing the other's game. On his first try against the Alien Rage boss, Tom quickly died to the large, but fast alien brute. The second try took quite long, but Tom finally found his rhythm, using environmental damage from volatile storage tanks and killed his opponent. Honestly, I thought the game looked OK, but nothing to write home about (which I am kind of doing anyway, duh).

Lords of the Fallen on the other hand, was pretty much the highlight of the day. We were first shown some footage from a simple testing prototype of the battle, with rudimentary models and environment. Gameplay-wise, it looked almost too much like Dark Souls (if that's at all possible) with even an identical placement of interface elements and a familiar font. The proper gameplay started just before the gate to the battle area, with bodies of fallen warriors signalling what's to come. As you might know, I had some serious criticism towards the game's art style from the materials released so far. The live gameplay managed to convince me though, thanks in large part to fantastic lighting. Colorful but muted, it managed to create a sombre atmosphere, toning down the cartoonish style of the models.

As Michał entered a partly ruined gothic hall, he was faced with his opponent - the First Warden, an imposing knight clad in black armour, wielding a flaming sword and a massive shield with which he could completely block incoming blows from Michał's hammer. In comparison to the prototype, the game looked a little bit less like DkS - interface elements shifted places, and the camera was more over-the-shoulder type it's still being tweaked though - Michał had some trouble judging the distance from his opponent, and at some point the camera was visibly struggling when he got backed into a corner. As in the Souls games, observation and timing seemed crucial, and Michał got hit quite a few times when he got too careless. Unlike the previous presentation, cheats were turned on here - always leaving Michał with a sliver of health rather than letting him die to the boss. Still, it was obvious he would have normally died about five times before the battle was over ;)

As the fight progressed, we could see the stages mentioned - after losing a segment of his life bar, the First Warden would shed parts of his armor, take a couple of seconds recuperating (the timing is still being tweaked). Eventualy, the boss also shed his shield (losing the ability to block) and started two-handing his sword, unleashing a fearsome spinning attack, his fiery sword gracefully drawing patterns of gleaming sparks through the air - the particle effects here were truly spectacular, most likely powered by PhysX (I do know the game was running on a PC with an nvidia gpu). Dodging the whirling blade, Michał finally managed to get in the final blows and vanquish the black knight, finishing the presentation to well-deserved applause.

CD-Action preview (in english): http://www.cdaction.pl/artykul-34951-2/lords-of-the-fallen---zapowiedz.html

Some nice details there :)

Speaking of which, I saw on the official Facebook page that the latest issue of CD-Action has the game on the cover. Besides the info, are there new images or other interesting stuff?

Sadly, no. Same old promo shots from months back. I really can't wait until they show in-game footage, the materials so far really don't do the game justice.

Top Bottom