Lore Inconsistencies with Cards and Mechanics

+
I played witcher 3. Radovid was absolutely in the story. (I'm not talking about the original version of Gwent, I'm talking about the leaders in the actual witcher 3 storyline.)
Emhyr had the numbers, Radovid had the strategy, while the card game seems to reverse this. I wonder why?

i doubt anyone should consider Radovid a "master tactician" i remember his opening in TW3 above the chessboard trying to sound smart, i was like wtf are u on u fuckin psycho hahaha

zhiphius;n8577300 said:
He is in the game W3 yes, but not as a leader in the games version of gwent :)

Exactly. So why are the W3 story's rulers represented in reverse in the card game, I wonder?

KasumiGoto;n8577520 said:

I'm sure I don't understand. Swapping the unit powers and themes and leader abilities between two factions, by very definition, could not be a balance problem.

Looking for total lore consistency between a ccg and an RPG/book series is not productive. Why would Mad Man Lugos serve under Crach? Why would neutral witchers even be on the Monsters faction? Why would Philippa be on Radovid's side? Why is Brouver Hoog a leader of the Soia'tael when he decreed that dwarven youths were not to join the squirrels? You're only setting yourself up for heartache and confusion.

It seems this thread turned into another "Lore vs Gameplay" discussion. Like Rawls pointed out, it's moot to discuss the "why" (is it different), because gameplay. The "what" (is different) could have been interesting if not for the fact that so many things have changed, the lore consistency is far and few between.

Anyhow... *waves merging wand*

Rawls;n8577720 said:
Why would Mad Man Lugos serve under Crach? Why would neutral witchers even be on the Monsters faction? Why would Philippa be on Radovid's side? Why is Brouver Hoog a leader of the Soia'tael when he decreed that dwarven youths were not to join the squirrels?
Why? Because, deep down, they all love Gwent, and have agreed to co-operate, for the sake of their shared enthusiasm for the game! (Ay, it doesn't make much sense, but it's fun.)

Its obvious that SK is supposed to a nors type of people. In Nors mythology its accustomed that if one dies with a weapon in hand they could one day return and fight another day. Very similar to the Horn of Valhalla. Its not necromancy per say, but a similar motif with the over arching culture they were drawing from.

4RM3D;n8412650 said:
- How can a priestess resurrect a machine (e.g. trebuchet)?

Well, Medics are not resuscitating anything/anyone anymore in the Open Beta. So, that one is fixed.

The most serious and aggravating anti lore (more like anti logic, really) factor in the game is the absolute mess regarding the rows. Infantry, siege and range units arbitrarily agile.

And i've read somewhere that CDPR intend to make more units agile. The row system is broken, not only lore-wise but also gameplay wise. With the necessary weather nerf, i think think there is a point in keeping as many units agile.

Humm maybe NR is tied up with artillery but their expected damage output is somehow lower than mangonel, fire scorpion and even longship?

Why are Temerian Infantry Agile?

They are infantry, aren't they? Shouldn't they be on the front-line?

Are the 3 rows meaningless for melee/archer/siege now?

Lets be real.

Mystikast thread merged

Seriously? Half the units in the game have been made agile, and you are only mentioning this particular unit? Most of them do not make sense... for a lot of different lore reasons. Never mind that trying to make everything "lore-correct" will wreak havoc on the balancing.

4RM3D;n9222331 said:
Mystikast thread merged

Seriously? Half the units in the game have been made agile, and you are only mentioning this particular unit? Most of them do not make sense... for a lot of different lore reasons. Never mind that trying to make everything "lore-correct" will wreak havoc on the balancing.

Indeed, having most of the units be agile is a problem. Except of course, Mahakam defender and Mahakam Guard are not agile :(

Top Bottom