Lore Inconsistencies with Cards and Mechanics

+
I haven't played the games much so far, but read the first 5 books.

I can't remember weather haveing such an enormous effect on the world - it's hardly ever mentioned if I am not mistaken.

The weather mechanic reminds me of professions in Warhammer Online Age of Reckoning (R.I.P.), which arguably featured the worst professions in any MMORPG ever (probably a major contribution to its untimely demise).

Genuinely wondering: Are the disgusting weather cards even remotely based on anything in the Witcher world?

Mirascael;n9229181 said:
Genuinely wondering: Are the disgusting weather cards even remotely based on anything in the Witcher world?

Gwent is based on the card game in the Witcher 3 (named Gwent, doh) and in that game weather and spies ruled the board.

I am a big fan of the lore but I think balance should be at higher priority than lore consistency.

Dislike all the agile units though. With more cards released in the future there will be more options and agile units aren't needed that much.

Swallow Potion used to boost Witchers for 12, I miss that kind of little detail.

Back to the subject, when Monsters use the good guys (f.e. golden Ciri) in the same deck with the Crones... Lore goes out the window

For me Balance > Lore. I love the Witcher series this is a card game after all and I rather the game be balanced compared to being true to the lore. I have the books for that :cheers:

Nenneke - need fast nerfing!!!

Dear developers - I have a question
Why Nenneke can be able to resurrect tactical (special) cards? How can you explain this?

At first -> Nenneke is a medic - healer
At second -> I'm tired of seeing the eternal resurrection of the "Commander's Horn" and "Decoy"

as you do not understand that this is an imbalance and a violation of logic????? NENNEKE IS A HEALER - NOT A MAGICAL ENGINEER
...it breaks the brains

Gwent have OBT version -> so you have the opportunity to make small changes in the game even though every day -> but you wait for many months and then everything turns 360 degrees -> and players must suffer

NR in general need heavy nerfing. The fact they got through the hotfix completely untouched shows how poor CDPR are becoming at balancing. Its a joke.

Wow...I never realize I can do that before OP mentioned it, I was too underestimate this card and never used it :D

Guest 4021160

Rakshaaz . If you don't mind me asking, where are you from? I am very interested in the way you write. I mean the synthax of it. The logic and mentality of your English is probably heavily influenced by you native tongue.

Zjiin;n9555231 said:
NR in general need heavy nerfing. The fact they got through the hotfix completely untouched shows how poor CDPR are becoming at balancing. Its a joke.

The fact it got through the hotfixes completely untouched is because the loudest whining will always get more attention, and no one whines as loud as NR players. The smallest nerf to NR, and these boards are flooded, while a massive nerf to SC is met with SC players simply adjusting their decks without making a fuss.
Notice there hasn't been too much whining about NR being OP (I mean, compared to whining about other decks)?

Last edited by a moderator:
Rakshaaz

You are going to play the lore card, really? How about Priestess of Freya 'resurrecting' a Light Longship? Well, anyhow, for lore inconsistencies, we've got a nice little dedicated thread.

4RM3D;n9556251 said:
Rakshaaz

You are going to play the lore card, really? How about Priestess of Freya 'resurrecting' a Light Longship? Well, anyhow, for lore inconsistencies, we've got a nice little dedicated thread.

lol, each faction has its advantages:
-> Skellige -> can resurrect "units" cards (Bronze -> bronze units = Silver -> bronze and silver units)
-> Scoiatael -> can resurrect "special" cards (Bronze -> bronze Alchemy or Spell = Gold -> all special)
-> Nilfgaards -> can resurrect enemy "units" cards (Bronze -> bronze units = Silver -> bronze and silver cards)
-> Monsters -> can resurrect enemy "units" cards (Gold -> bronze and silver units)

what do you say about lore... really?
so "Gold" Shani can't resurrect special cards...
but "Silver" Nenneke can resurrect special cards... and with "Decoy" have endless resurrection.......... really???
If Nenneke became a gold card -> it will be balanced!!!

Karolis.petrikas;n9555901 said:
Rakshaaz . If you don't mind me asking, where are you from? I am very interested in the way you write. I mean the synthax of it. The logic and mentality of your English is probably heavily influenced by you native tongue.

sorry bro, English is not my native language

Last edited:
Edited one post and deleted another. Let's not turn this into a personal debacle.

Trying to make the card game match the lore while simultaneously remaining balanced as a card game would be a ridiculous undertaking. It's also relatively pointless for the sake of creating a card game. In fact...I can't think of any trademark game (period) that 100% matches its source material. Games are games. Novels are novels. Films are films. It's not really possible for any of those mediums to perfectly mirror another.

Guest 4021160

SigilFey;n9557601 said:
Games are games. Novels are novels. Films are films.

Perfect argument.
But wait. Lets assume for a second a certain game X is about a novelist Y who's writing a book about Duncan Jones, who incidentally created the World of Warcraft Movie. Lets also assume Duncan Jones is aware he is a character within a book of the Novelist Y within the game X. What would Duncan say about his movie.

a) his movie is a movie, duh.
b) his movie is a game.
c) his movie is a novel.

Your answers?

Top Bottom