Losing to SvalBlod is.. Amazing!

+

rrc

Forum veteran
[This is not my typical SK whining thread. I am not sarcastic too. I am sincere here.]
Recently I faced few SvalBlod opponents who pulled off some amazing combos. I was blown away by those plays. I am sure they were netdecked and demonstrated by some great SK players (as I am playing in Rank 6 only). Netherless, it was awesome.

On last but one turn, the opponent played Vildkaarl and triggered his ability. I didn't have tall removal since I played Dana. On the last turn, the opponent used the last charge on Champion of SvalBlod, summon the Bear and depolyed Hym and got Hym to 11 power, and killed a junk weak ally and cured the Champion for 12 points. It was awesome! I thought it was all over when Vildkaarl became champion.

Flamanica being used on a row with many Queens Guard who gets incredible value on deploy!

And the well known Olaf+Hym a few times. And all the while not playing any discard cards. Whole self-wound archetype deck, with 7 or so cards in deck by the end of the game.

Those were the games I didn't have any bad feeling for losing (especially against SK).

[But wait till the event ends SvalBlod where I will play my Eithnè with Geralt, Gregor, etc. Until then you can beat the hell out of my Dana, you have my permission.]

Last edited:
Svalblod is the point slam of SK. I guess you only feel bad losing/matching up against SK if they include the discard package :shrug:

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
I've been playing Svalblod since the start of the leader challenge; it's alot of fun and brings about a new playing style for SK.
Post automatically merged:

Svalblod is the point slam of SK. I guess you only feel bad losing/matching up against SK if they include the discard package :shrug:

I still have the discard package in my Svalblod list :beer:

I got the cards to play it when it appeared. Originally I had liked SK because I thought it was a werewolf faction, although in the end there were only a few. Now is the opportunity to play those abominations and I like it a lot.

The only thing I do not like is people abusing the bug with the shield (Knut in units with a shield, for which they use shielding units and use them in OLaf or the Champion).

• RED Point
Funny enough, I tend to completely wreck Svalblod decks with my Anna deck. Anyway, playing against them is honestly a lot of fun. They have cards that can be interacted with, they don't destroy everything you put down and overall it feels like a great match-up. I haven't tried it out myself personally but those decks seems very entertaining.

• RED Point
I'm still in the process of finding the right balance, but I play Svalblod since that leader challenge started and I enjoy the games with that deck, although I still lose more often than win. There are quite some self-wounding cards that didn't make much sense to include in a deck, which changed due to Svalblod.

It's just a shame my opponent won't understand when I thank him for a thrilling match ^^

I am just curious will he retain same number of charges or will cdpr cowardly nerf him like always.

First of: losing is never amazing.

Second: losing when Oppo makes 30+ points swing in one turn at the end is also everything but amazing.

First of: losing is never amazing.

Second: losing when Oppo makes 30+ points swing in one turn at the end is also everything but amazing.

First of: Losing is amazing especially when you gain experience to further improve yourself.

Second: What combo was that 30+ points swing? Seems interesting

Losing is losing - it is never a good experience.

The combo I do not remember, but there are couple of cards that if you do not manage to answer can generate ridiculous amount points. I can assure you - it was anything but a positive experience.

Losing is losing - it is never a good experience.

The combo I do not remember, but there are couple of cards that if you do not manage to answer can generate ridiculous amount points. I can assure you - it was anything but a positive experience.
Losing to an incredible deck that pulls tricks you didn't imagine always is a great experience. I value the thoughts of my opponent at that moment.

The only card able to do 30+ swing is Tuirseach Bearmaster (1 str, 6 prov), but that card requires biests in the graveyard, so is only good for round two or three, and only adds 2 + (amount of beasts in graveyard). So, to get 30+, you have to play in current season mode and keep it for round three. Which also means your opponent won the first round and lost to a junk cards set in the second round.

Top Bottom