Lost 10 FPS since patch 1.03 & 1.04. Let us revert to 1.02 !!!

+
Lost 10 FPS since patch 1.03 & 1.04. Let us revert to 1.02 !!!

Before patch 1.03 hit, I never dropped below 42 fps and now after 1.03 and 1.04 I have suffered a 10 FPS drop MINIMUM. I saved the game in same exact spots to benchmark and I am monitoring my framerate with Fraps. Where I had solid 42+ fps, I am now dropping to 32.

I am playing at 1080p with Hairworks OFF, Foliage Distance set to HIGH, Blur, Motion Blur, Depth of Field and Chromatic Aberration all DISABLED. Sharpening is also set to Low. Everything else is at Ultra.

My MINIMUM FPS was 42 before the patch after thorough testing and now at the EXACT same spots I get 32 FPS. This is really frustrating and I hope you JUST STOP RELEASING RUSHED PATCHES, TAKE A STEP BACK AND LOOK AT THE PROBLEM AND READ YOUR FORUMS FOR ONCE. I am NOT talking about HAIRWORKS, only about 5% of us uses that poorly optimised mess, OPTIMISE THE GODDAMN GAME instead of wasting time tryng to optimise HAIRWORKS...

PATCH 1.04 HAS MADE THE PERFORMANCE EVEN WORSE! I AM NOW AT MY ALL TIME LOWEST FPS OF 32!!! SERIOUSLY 32!!!! From 42 FPS MINIMUM on Patch 1.02 to 32 FPS on Patch 1.04!

Those 2 patches were supposed to FIX performance issues, not bog systems down further FFS!. And this is NOT an isolated issue. So many people are complaining about it, read your forums. This is the SECOND patch you release now that crushes performance and Kepler GPUS are ALREADY struggling with performance. Is this deliberate?

Work on optimising the game FIRST THEN worry about improving the graphics...

Seriously CD Project RED FIX THIS!

My specs:

EVGA GTX 780 Ti Classified KINGPIN Edition (Geforce 352.86 Driver)
i7 3770K @4.5 GHZ
Asus Sabertooth Z77 (Bios 2104)
8GB RAM
Windows 8.1 Pro 64 Bit

Last edited:
Before patch 1.03 hit, I never dropped below 42 fps and now after 1.03 and 1.04 I have suffered a 10 FPS drop MINIMUM. I saved the game in same exact spots to benchmark and I am monitoring my framerate with Fraps. Where I had solid 42+ fps, I am now dropping to 32.

I am playing at 1080p with Hairworks OFF, Foliage Distance set to HIGH, Blur, Motion Blur, Depth of Field and Chromatic Aberration all DISABLED. Sharpening is also set to Low. Everything else is at Ultra.

My MINIMUM FPS was 42 before the patch after thorough testing and now at the EXACT same spots I get 32 FPS. This is really frustrating and I hope you JUST STOP RELEASING RUSHED PATCHES, TAKE A STEP BACK AND LOOK AT THE PROBLEM AND READ YOUR FORUMS FOR ONCE. I am NOT talking about HAIRWORKS, only about 5% of us uses that poorly optimised mess, OPTIMISE THE GODDAMN GAME instead of wasting time tryng to optimise HAIRWORKS...

PATCH 1.04 HAS MADE THE PERFORMANCE EVEN WORSE! I AM NOW AT MY ALL TIME LOWEST FPS OF 32!!! SERIOUSLY 32!!!! From 42 FPS MINIMUM on Patch 1.02 to 32 FPS on Patch 1.04!

Those 2 patches were supposed to FIX performance issues, not bog systems down further FFS!. And this is NOT an isolated issue. So many people are complaining about it, read your forums. This is the SECOND patch you release now that crushes performance and Kepler GPUS are ALREADY struggling with performance. Is this deliberate?

Work on optimising the game FIRST THEN worry about improving the graphics...

Seriously CD Project RED FIX THIS!

My specs: GTX 780 Ti, i7 3770K @4.5 GHZ, 8GB RAM, Windows 8.1 Pro 64 Bit

throw your video card out the window thats the problem right there bud

Same here bro.

1.3 was perfect for me, constant 60fps with hairworks on (even fighting fur intensive monsters/animals) but now after 1.4 it's a 55fps constant fighting fur intensive monsters/animals.

Fucking sucks.

EVGA 980
4690K (not OC'd)
8GB

throw your video card out the window thats the problem right there bud

Please go away if you are here to troll. I guarantee this card cost more than your current card and I have had it for less than a year. It is the EVGA GTX 780 Ti Classified KINGPIN, bought it brand new for £650 last June. If you have a budget £250 GTX 970 which is getting more performance than the 780 Ti due to Nvidia's and suspiciously CD Project RED'S neglect to push more Maxwell cards, and here to troll Kepler users, bear in mind, it will be your turn next year when pascal crushes Maxwell.

This performance is unacceptable, especially considering the fact that I am NOT using hairworks. 32 FPS drop, are you kidding? Talk about poor optimisation

Last edited:
Scorpgul,i think you have loss FPS because they add a line in the "user settings.ini" and you had not change it. this:TextureMipBias=-1. If you change to 0 you will find your performance like before.

changing it to 0 still does nothing....and yes I've checked read only.

I just did the same and can confirm it does NOTHING!

A good benchmark area I am using is right after you meet the merchant who is attacked by the griffin. If you go deep into the woods on the right side, there is a group of deserters by a campfire, sprint on horseback towards them and let them aggro and start firing arrows. Before patch 1.03 and 1.04 I had NO LESS than 42 FPS in that fight when running circles around them.

Now I am dropping to 32 FPS and I see absolutely no graphical improvement...

There is CLEARLY something wrong.

Last edited:
makes the grass have more sharpness and fidelity....only it was poorly executed in this case.

Basically CDPR are just editing ini files, the same as any PC gamer can do....from my perspective CDPR are being lazy.

Scorpgul,i think you have loss FPS because they add a line in the "user settings.ini" and you had not change it. this:TextureMipBias=-1. If you change to 0 you will find your performance like before.

It's BS though, the graphical increase (not even noticeable imo) does NOT justify the demanding nature of this game.

A fucking 780ti/980 should fucking rape this game at 1080p.

I have same GPU as you overclocked aswell and I have not any problem with FPS even after all patches. Everything works perfectly on NV driver 347.88, expect worse AA after 1.04 patch, so problem must be on your side somewhere.

Last edited:
I have 2 980s and it is beyond retarded how they can't manage 60fps and I've turned setting down and it does little help.

I've been looking at every notice board in the game and I can't seem to find the contract for the monster who develops shit patches...sigh :(

I hear the villagers murmur back in the 1.02 days I didn't feel so slow and sluggish almost like i've been downgraded
and the grass looks shimmering like a fairy just sprinkled glitter every where.

Last edited:
Everything for perfectly on NV driver 347.88 expect worse AA after 1.04 patch, so problem must be on your side somewhere.

Erm what do you mean?

There is NO problem on my side mate, trust me on that. I look after my PC and end all unnecessary processes when I am gaming. I have absolutely no problems whatsoever with other games...

I refuse to believe that you are getting 60 FPS with a GTX 780 Ti unless you prove it with a video.

What settings are you using in game?

Make a video of this benchmark:

A good benchmark area I am using is right after you meet the merchant who is attacked by the griffin. If you go deep into the woods on the right side, there is a group of deserters by a campfire, sprint on horseback towards them and let them aggro and start firing arrows.

If you get more than 45 FPS CONSTANT in that area at ultra settings with hairworks off, I will take back my word!

Last edited:
Try revert to old drivers only for test. Maybe this help you for now. And you should update to the newest version after NV release Kepler fixed driver.

I don't either...I'm OCD about my FPS so I noticed right away my FPS is too low WTF happened?

Also they keep claiming with each new patch better stability and performance...don't know how they can claim that when it makes things worse.

Last edited:
Exactly man, I monitor EVERYTHING. FPS, Clock speed, temperature, usage and VRAM usage.

In fact I ALWAYS play demanding games with a full monitor overlay on the topleft corner so I instantly notice even single digit FPS drops. I was shocked when I found such a massive FPS drop.

The only thing these patches have done is crush framerate for Kepler cards at least, send GPU temperatures skyrocketing, made overclock USELESS (I now crash after +20 Mhz increase, simply plaughable), and decreased VRAM usage.

Top Bottom