Lost 30+ hrs in Missing Save Files

+
Hello,

I started playing a Nomad character. Got her up to around level 25, then decided I wanted to create a Corpo and play around a bit. Created the Corpo and suddenly ALL BUT ONE of my nomad saves disappeared. The one save file I had left for the Nomad was the oldest file I had, at level 13. I can deal with, and even understand glitches, but this kind of thing will make me never want to play this game again.

I don't even know why this happened. Did I do something wrong by creating a new character? What the hell happened here?

I'm playing on an Xbox Series X.

This is absurd...

OK, this is really really bad! Can you restore the lost saves from the cloud? CDProjectRed should check if they have a backup on their servers. This is the one thing that should never, never happen!

It seems like starting a second path can cause problems for older save games (judging from other reports). No idea why this is the case though and it doesn't always seem to happen as far as I can tell.

I recommend reporting this here:
https://support.cdprojektred.com/en/cyberpunk/xbox/sp-technical/issue/1721/unable-to-save-1 ("contact us" to send a ticket to CDPR support)

Did you check out your Xbox save game folder for Cyberpunk? It would be interesting to know if the save games are still there.

Uhh, I just did the same thing. I've got 50 hours in Nomad, Started up a Corpo just to see what the prologue looked like and it overwrote all of my save files. What the actual fuck CDPR. They better have a backup save some where, This is unacceptable

Xbox save the games to the cloud that is why Xbox NEED to be able to store saves on USB
PS4 Pro and PC are not a problem as you can make several copies to USB if you want to.
Post automatically merged:

Uhh, I just did the same thing. I've got 50 hours in Nomad, Started up a Corpo just to see what the prologue looked like and it overwrote all of my save files. What the actual fuck CDPR. They better have a backup save some where, This is unacceptable

Now that is a real problem. im on Corpo right now so i have not experienced this yet!

OK, this is really really bad! Can you restore the lost saves from the cloud? CDProjectRed should check if they have a backup on their servers. This is the one thing that should never, never happen!

Im sure CDPR have no control over the saves. Either Microsoft for PC / Xbox (Cloudsave) and PS+ for Playstation or just copy the saves to a usb.

Xbox save the games to the cloud that is why Xbox NEED to be able to store saves on USB
PS4 Pro and PC are not a problem as you can make several copies to USB if you want to.

Now that is a real problem. im on Corpo right now so i have not experienced this yet!

Im sure CDPR have no control over the saves. Either Microsoft for PC / Xbox (Cloudsave) and PS+ for Playstation or just copy the saves to a usb.

I am on PC using GOG, so I think my save files are in sync with their cloud.

Seems that the game on Xbox only has 10 autosave slots and once it reaches 10 it starts overwriting them in order again. I know it sucks but for now I would suggest saving the game manually before you stop playing.

Seems that the game on Xbox only has 10 autosave slots and once it reaches 10 it starts overwriting them in order again. I know it sucks but for now I would suggest saving the game manually before you stop playing.

Exactly, I always manually save before quitting the game. I never, ever rely on autosaves to save my progress.

Guest 4506659

I just lost my level 50 Sreet kid char, i think the quik save overwrote it.

Did you save the game at any point? Or just relied on the autosave feature?

I have multiple characters with no saving issues

Guest 4506659

I hard saved, or manualy saved, when i started a new char i deleted all but one 50lvl hardsave, i went to play it later but it was gone, the whole save system is shitty ...period

Hello,

I started playing a Nomad character. Got her up to around level 25, then decided I wanted to create a Corpo and play around a bit. Created the Corpo and suddenly ALL BUT ONE of my nomad saves disappeared. The one save file I had left for the Nomad was the oldest file I had, at level 13. I can deal with, and even understand glitches, but this kind of thing will make me never want to play this game again.

I don't even know why this happened. Did I do something wrong by creating a new character? What the hell happened here?

I'm playing on an Xbox Series X.

This is absurd...
All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. :cry:

The auto save system has a limit of 10. And if you acceldentaly overwrite the manual save of a play through. The auto saves for that playthrough get deleted. So the autosaves are tied the the master manual save.

Over 100 hours gone after trying a new life path. I'm on Xbox One S. I always manually save. I just bought all the cars too! :(

Playing on PC, wanted to create a new character and played until you meet VIC for the first time. All my saves of my first character are gone.

CDPR, this really sucks!

Please make character slots and allow to save game progress for each character respectively.

Same Problem here.
Had over 66 hours in Cyberpunk 2077
(Cyberpunk-2077-EFIGS_1.0.6.0_x64__p6y4......... = version 1.0.6) with exactly five manually saved savegames (one of which was a second char a friend of mine tried a week ago and after which I had been able to save and load) and the 10 autosaves.
After 3 days in standby (I stayed with my girlfriend over the weekend) and temporary lost internet connection (unfortunately old shitty router) which was restored after I first noticed I couldn't save and load today, I unfortunately died ingame and therefore have no possibility to reload my game.
There are 58.4 MB of saved data according to the Xbox Series X data management.

Has anybody any idea what could be a solution here?

Kind regards
M.T.

Edit:
After restarting my Xbox Series X I luckily got back my last saves from last week, so only the 5 h I played today are lost ...
Nevertheless damn disappointing -.- ...

Last edited:
I had 40hrs in, my partner signed in as herself, and somehow my saves, kn ky profile, are now overwritten as earlier saves from hers. What the actual hell??? First, why in a game like thos there aren't different char profiles i will never know. Second, game breaking (and game removing, hah) bugs like this? After what I paid for this buggy mess? I want my damned money, and my damned time, back

Top Bottom