Lost all progress after downloading dlc

+
Hi All. Can anyone please explain to me as I have searched and not gotten a straight answer ANYWHERE.

I have over 60 hours of gameplay on W3 and are ao close to finishing the game.
Yesterday I decided to download the heart of stone and blood and wine dlc so I could keep playing once I have finished the story mission.
However I started Witcher today and it says "New Game"
So have I lost all my progress?
Can I get it back?
Cause there is no f@cking way I want to start all over again. That would ruin this game for me.

Anyone have some advice pls

Are you playing with TW3 mods? I can‘t think of anything else that would remove or change your save games while installing both expansions...

Did you check out the TW3 save game folder? If the save games are still in there, it should be possible to fix this situation. If not, recovering them is probably not going to be easy.

You could also try this:
(if you are playing with TW3 mods, it‘s possible that you have to remove them first)

I read on the support that apparently the original and GOTY version are not totally compatible.
I have the original disc and guess that is the original version. So I guess once I downloaded the mods...it becomes the goty addition. Hence losing all the saved progress and gear. Which sucks rats ass.

But now I am really worried. If I start this whole game over AGAIN. Which i am going have to. Will I lose things again. Once I start the expansions.

Anyways thanks for you help. Guess I am starting Witcher Again

Top Bottom