lost games 0:2 with at least 13 played cards by losing player, should give him 1 crown

+

nehu

Forum regular
as most of quests are quite dumb and are forcing players to play unwanted or useless cards (artifacts, neutrals etc.)

i believe even badly lost games should be bit rewarding

No. It's easy enough to win one round, and there's no reason to get crowns by losing completely. You always get experience, so that is a guaranteed reward.

No one forces you to play quests by just spamming garbage decks; that's the most efficient way to do quests like the Artifact ones, but that efficiency comes at a cost. Nothing wrong with that.

In most cases I finish quests by simply playing normal as I always do, eventually it's done, and doesn't take too long either.

- Nah... imo those quests are given in order for players to try out their deck building skills, they can get tedious i'll give ya that but still, handing out crowns for losing doesn't seem logical.

- Like @Draconifors mentioned above you get xp for losing aswell and there have been some situations that players have exploited that to spam match loses just to climb up the prestige levels, now THAT'S tedious af and unrewarding imo but what can i say, people will always find ways to exploit systems in games.

nehu

Forum regular
No. It's easy enough to win one round, and there's no reason to get crowns by losing completely. You always get experience, so that is a guaranteed reward.

No one forces you to play quests by just spamming garbage decks; that's the most efficient way to do quests like the Artifact ones, but that efficiency comes at a cost. Nothing wrong with that.

problem is that like any deck with artifacts is garbage

most neutral cards are not worth its cost too

total garbage deck is efficient way, but its ruining game for both players

its quite annoying to play game with suboptimal deck, lose in 2 rounds and get nothing, on top of that, u have to play many games like that

You did get something lol, you got closer to finishing the quest.

- My friend i understand what you are saying but still...
Ask your self one thing, has Geralt ever taken money for a contract before killing the monster, i don't think so (not talking advance payment for the job's costs).

- So... i don't know what more can i say on the matter, the system works really good as it is atm.
You get one crown for each round given that you win (easily done most of the time) and you get some XP even if you lose both, XP levels you up which in turn levels up your prestige level so you get passive bonuses at some point, seems pretty generous to me tbh. :smart:

I for one, like the idea. It can feel like a kick in the nuts playing a drawn out match and making zero progress in your journey, then again I understand why the devs would be reluctant to implement such a change, some people really do find ways to exploit such things, sadly. Nobody really wants to see a situation unfold where most players would just spam forfeits in games, that'd spoil the fun for everyone not just for the person doing it. All in all I think even if they would consider such a thing it'd be really low on their priority list. Would be nice though.

The unspoken rule is you play a quest deck down to 0 cards regardless of when your opponent passes. Then your opponent courtesy passes to give you a round. In return you drain all 3 cards in round 2. At that point it is usually 3 vs 7-9 cards. You play your 3 and move on. 90% of opponents give you the 2nd round if you follow this procedure. The other 10% don’t get a lot of GG.

nehu

Forum regular
Then don't do it. You are complaining about a problem you create yourself, and want to be compensated for the inconvenience you cause to yourself. Which is why this is not a good suggestion.

so u suggest i should ignore quests? thats much better suggestion, really

as now there are not only quests but contracts in journey too, crowns are needed more than any time before

each 0 crown game makes that grind even more painfull

i understand some one couldd exploit it, but it looks very similar to throw all in first round, as im experiencing from time to time too, its same "evil"

compensation is s rewarding players, ehich are trying to play it in proper way

so its about choosing lesser evil, which for me, is my suggestion

as i want play games, not just spam cards in one round

Last edited:

nehu

Forum regular
You're still ignoring the fact that there is no need to play garbage to complete quests. Efficiency has its price, whether you accept it or not.

the most effective way, total garbage decks as fast as possible, ruining game for both sides, thats acceptable price? i dont think so

best solution would be more reasonable quests system, but i have no idea how to do it, so i cant suggest it

Last edited:

the most effective way, total garbage decks as fast as possible, ruining game for both sides, thats acceptable price? i dont think so

best solution would be more reasonable quests system, but i have no idea how to do it, so i cant suggest it
There are plenty of playable artifacts (*cough* Scenarios *cough*. You could easily throw a few decent Artifacts into a competitive deck and slowly make progress over the course of a week or so. It sounds like your problem is that you want to complete the quest as soon as possible, and like Draconifors has already said, efficiency comes at a cost. Impatience should definitely not be rewarded. And the quests for playing Neutral cards are only challenging because they don't recognize any of the newer cards; once that's finally fixed, no one should have any problem completing them.

If anything, I would actually increase the rewards for winning 3/5 games with a specific faction from 40/60 gold to 50/80 gold. People that are lacking cards often have trouble winning games, and even I, despite having a great win percentage, still reroll these for the Reward Point quests because they have better rewards for less effort.

- Nah... imo those quests are given in order for players to try out their deck building skills, they can get tedious i'll give ya that but still, handing out crowns for losing doesn't seem logical.
Agreed. I think lost games must not be rewarded at ALL. Cause many people are just making shit to get rewards. They take good player's time away. They make things even they don't like. People must not get anything for making shit. It's simple and just rule. Winner gets everything, looser gets nothing, not even a point of XP. This rule will make people play more quality and interesting games. With this rule game will be much more competitive. Why pay people for silliness? Do u want them to become more silly? Or u want them to be smarter? Pay for smartness than, not for silliness.

Agreed. I think lost games must not be rewarded at ALL. Cause many people are just making shit to get rewards. They take good player's time away. They make things even they don't like. People must not get anything for making shit. It's simple and just rule. Winner gets everything, looser gets nothing, not even a point of XP. This rule will make people play more quality and interesting games. With this rule game will be much more competitive. Why pay people for silliness? Do u want them to become more silly? Or u want them to be smarter? Pay for smartness than, not for silliness.

There is so much wrong with this it is hard to know where to start.

1. They only allow 3 quests to be stored at once. Given that higher prestige players get 1 to 2 bonus RP, clearing quests is way more important than trying to win.
2. Prestige is way more important than just about anything else (including rank,) for the purposes of deck building or premium collecting. Lowering the exp for losing will slow the progress toward higher prestige which will turn off players.
3. The better solution is a non competitive mode (call it gone questing,) where players can complete their quests in piece without wasting the time of people seeking competitive games.
4. Even if you ignore 3 there should still be a quest taunt so competitive players can choose to leave.
5. Silliness implies poor judgment, this couldn’t be less true. People choose to seek maximum reward for limited investment. Gwent is recreation not work. It is silly to sign into a non ranked game and expect anything other than questing in one form or another. Even in ranked at the higher end (30-10) you should expect at least some questing. This is not negative behavior thus it does not need to be punished.

nehu

Forum regular
*cough* Scenarios *cough*

*cough* scenarios dont count in these quests as artifact *cough* (if still unfixed)

u have to play 20 games or more with only one artifact in deck

for example oneiromancy doesnt count in neutral cards

reward points are only unique reward for quests, on top of that, rp are giving like 50 ore each (just guess, not exact number,)

one more reason to support my suggestion, people will be more bold to try new things, because if u have limited time to play gwent, u cant do experiments with decks, u need to play some "proved" deck, to get your points/quests etc. (u cant risk u wont get nothing)

u have ranked games (i believe nobody do crazy things there)

Winner gets everything, looser gets nothing -> that sounds like the best recipe to discourage casual players like me in playing gwent, which is nobodys goal

my suggestion is just opposite, to encourage players to play it in proper way, trying to win games, not just fulfil quests (each monday and tuesday are quite crazy, as all players are aiming for journey quests, today i reached well rested bonus with like only one serious game, others were left or spoiled in any way)

more reasonable quests or more slots for them could help too
(journeys are better than daily)

Last edited:
*cough* scenarios dont count in these quests as artifact *cough* (if still unfixed)
I know that cards from more recent expansions are not properly tagged as Neutrals or Specials for the relevant daily quests, but I'm almost positive that Scenarios count for the Artifact quests. Perhaps they double checked that those were properly programmed due to that fact that there are so few Artifact cards to begin with.

Top Bottom