Lost the ability to skip dialogue

+
I'm on my third playthrough. I've already seen all of these dialogue scenes multiple times. I had been skipping everything that was skippable by pressing C unless it was a choice I hadn't made in my previous playthroughs. All of a sudden, two nights ago, the prompt to skip dialogue just disappeared, and pressing C did nothing (except crouch or stand in certain circumstances).

I've tried looking for the keybind (I don't see a keybind for skipping dialogue), I've tried reloading the save, I've tried restarting the game, Steam, even my PC.

When I load up my other two characters, I can skip dialogue just fine. It only seems to happen on this one character.

I looked for information on Google and Reddit and haven't found anyone else with this problem. I didn't see anything in the hotfix notes.

Has anyone else come across this issue?

Seems to be bug where you ran away in middle of a dialogue.
Im in my 2nd playtrough, did nearly every quest and have no clue with whom i couldve talked, cause im just running arround and doing ncpd quest.

Its pretty impossible to trace back and seems to ruin the playtrough.

I've been playing the game without a hitch for over a month. Never had this problem ever. Suddenly in the last day or so, the option for Skipping Dialogue no longer shows during ANY cut scene or character to NPC dialogue. The Hotkey is set to C, but as the option no longer appears in the lower right corner (on a PC) of the screen, I have to sit through dialogue I've already experienced already. It would not be an issue, if I hadn't already heard/read it. But being forced to sit through it all again is extremely annoying and a waste of my time. I really do not want to start the game all over again due to some bug that I now have to contend with, that I had never had to deal with before on prior play throughs. And I've never had this problem before, ever, regardless if I got too far from an NPC or not during prior dialogue in prior play throughs. I'm not using any mods at all, so I know that is not a cause.

I like the game, but this is the first bug that has me utterly annoyed, and I REALLY wish I could figure out a way to fix it besides starting all over again...

Is this a known issue on their list of bugs to fix? Or does anyone have any suggestions for fixing it, besides starting over?

Thanks,

Zip

It is called 'fastforward' in the UserSettings.json. Have you tried changing the key, for the heck of it? I don't think it's the two settings files otherwise all your guys should be broken.

I changed it to 'H' below.

{
"name": "fastForward",
"type": "name",
"value": "IK_H",
"default_value": "IK_C"
},

I've just started my first playthrough not too long ago, I haven't done anything out of the ordinary but I have not been able to skip through any dialogue even though the option pops up in the bottom right (PC). Is this a known bug and any fixes?

It is called 'fastforward' in the UserSettings.json. Have you tried changing the key, for the heck of it? I don't think it's the two settings files otherwise all your guys should be broken.

I changed it to 'H' below.

{
"name": "fastForward",
"type": "name",
"value": "IK_H",
"default_value": "IK_C"
},
Where is usersettings.json located? I can't find it anywhere.

I've just started my first playthrough not too long ago, I haven't done anything out of the ordinary but I have not been able to skip through any dialogue even though the option pops up in the bottom right (PC). Is this a known bug and any fixes?
Have you used mods (now or before) ? Or manually editing the keybindings ?
In the game settings, there is a key assigned to skip dialogue ? (Normally C)

Have you used mods (now or before) ?
In the game settings, there is a key assigned to skip dialogue ? (Normally C)
Yea I've used mods, I pretty much figured out you can't change the bind for Crouch(Toggle) which is C. If you do change which I did it will take away the bind for skipping dialogue. The only option is to change the skip dialogue bind manually from the files.

Yea I've used mods, I pretty much figured out you can't change the bind for Crouch(Toggle) which is C. If you do change which I did it will take away the bind for skipping dialogue. The only option is to change the skip dialogue bind manually from the files.
So you have to return to C key for crouch and it will be "fixed" no ? (or at least, restoring the key binding file by default)

Where is usersettings.json located? I can't find it anywhere.

It is in your user folder in 'appdata' which is a hidden folder. Here is my path to it;
C:\Users\Jim\AppData\Local\CD Projekt Red\Cyberpunk 2077

To show hidden folders go to file explorer, select the 'View' tab then click on 'Hidden Items'. Pic attached.

Attachments

• app data folder.PNG
    app data folder.PNG
    42.1 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:
Top Bottom