Lots of mistakes in this patch

+
Lots of mistakes in this patch

Found 3 mistakes so far.

1) I am using Kambi. All units are dead. Hemdall is being boosted after their death by Temerian Drummer .Good work! Dead units doing something while they are not anymore on the table.

2) My opponent played Yennefer: The conjurer. I used Shackles. My opponent played Summoning Circle. And, voila, another Yennifer.He placed a gold unit what the heck. I demoted it. And that guy was for sure EXPLOITING this bug. Because he played it instantly. Elsewise was making no sense to play SC as he couldn't select neither his Gold played card neither my special card.

3. Long warship on the table. Earth Elemental for my opponent. Used King Bran, WL sent out the 3 x -2 dmg..all blocked by the same shield. After the first card discarded shield remained, and remained, and remained....
Good work CDRP!!!!

Last edited:
Well, demeritium shackles turns a gold to a silver if I remember correctly. So it is a viable target for summoning circle afterwards. It's a matter of interpretation which should be clarified, no doubt, but I wouldn't consider it a bug. Also summoning circle shows you which card it summons so he might have not been exploiting it but just saw Yennefer in the preview and went for it.

It is absolutely RIDICULOUS the Stammelford spam in ST. There is NO WAY that CDPR cared to test it properly.

Just now, in round 1, i've had 7 Stammelford tremors spammed. This needs to be fixed ASAP.

Tiger_Eye;n9462321 said:
Well, demeritium shackles turns a gold to a silver if I remember correctly. So it is a viable target for summoning circle afterwards. It's a matter of interpretation which should be clarified, no doubt, but I wouldn't consider it a bug. Also summoning circle shows you which card it summons so he might have not been exploiting it but just saw Yennefer in the preview and went for it.

Read again the definition of Summoning Circle. He played a Gold unit, not a silver or bronze one. I played a special card. So, no target for SC.

4RM3D

Ex-moderator
Stormbuster;n9462561 said:
Read again the definition of Summoning Circle. He played a Gold unit, not a silver or bronze one. I played a special card. So, no target for SC.

2. Summoning Circle copies the last played bronze or silver unit. Doesn't matter if other spells are played in between. Also, D-shackles has become less useful now that mages can also lock gold cards. So, instead, D-shackles is used to reuse golds with Decoy and Summoning Circle. Nothing wrong with that.

1. You can send bug reports to: https://playgwent.com/en/contact-support

3. Because shield resolves at the end of the turn. That may not be how it's suppose to work. You can always make a suggestion to change it, also by going to: https://playgwent.com/en/contact-support

Summoning circle :Spawn a base copy of the last Bronze or Silver Unit any player placed on the Board. Leaders cannot be copied.

The trick here is in the details of the description. 1. He played Yennifer (a Gold card) 2. you used Shackles 3. Yenn was demoted to Silver 4. SC is used on a Silver card (Shackles are ignored since SC works on last units).

Theoreticaly SC should not work on yen because the original unit was Gold. But SC treats it as the new Silver yenn.

That's why SC has the last "Leaders cannot be copied. " This implies that demoted golds to silver can be copied and leaders demoted to silver cannot.

So it's working as intended.

Well if we are really going to be picking on semantics it is not working as intended. Don't get me wrong I am okay with the fact that demoted units can also be copied, but the card states:
"any player placed on the Board" and in this case no silver card has been Placed on board. (shackles unlike decoy don't take the unit out and place it back). Some rephrasing to clear up the misunderstanding would be in order IMO.

Am I the only one who is worried about the added RNG on many of the new cards? Hearthstone's biggest and continued mistake that completely ruins competitive integrity in the eyes of esports, is the fact that new RNG-on-card-effects, are constantly added and it only gets worse.

The reason why I turned to Gwent is because I saw very little of this initially but the latest patch is adding a bunch of new 'buff a random ally unit this', 'damage a random enemy unit that' - if Gwent wants to truly rise as an esport, especailly considering Gwent Masters, this has to stop and it has to stop NOW!

SInce we are on the topic of bugs, Ive noticed some things. I used Whoreson Junior on Kambi, an it should have removed him from the game and not allowed the deathwish to activate, because its a weaken effect, but the deathwish still activated. That cost me the match. Another problem with Whoreson is that his effect does not kill Morrenn before her damage activated, though it says on the card that it should kill the ambush unit before its effect triggers. That needs some definite fixing because I like Whoreson, but he's all but unplayable now.

nemirni;n9463501 said:
Some rephrasing to clear up the misunderstanding would be in order IMO.
On this i agree. Some cards need better wording as this leads to many interpretations.

I just interpreted it based on the last description. Why put "leaders (witch are golds themselves) cannot be copied" if it only copied bronze and silver. Decoy does not have this particular wording ad it's working on demoted golds as well.

daxt86;n9463551 said:
Am I the only one who is worried about the added RNG on many of the new cards?
Nope you are not. I practically quit HS (plaid from the start) whith the exp where they introduced Yogg Saron. And hope to not see this level of RNG in this game.

The problem is that if a game wants to succeed in the esport it needs 2 things unfortunately. A competitive scene and audience (people to watch the tourneys).

And if you remove the RNG completely, basically when you see both hands as a spectator you practically know who will win (unless someone makes a mistake) and the watching becomes boring. RNG brings some unknowns that spectators love.

Keira's Epidemic hitting her when she is the lowest STR Unit on the Board. I remember in the CB Pavetta had the same issue, but they fixed her to be immune to the effect, triggered by her.

... and now it is killing your Gold, which is even more preposterous.

Mnorojo;n9463571 said:
SInce we are on the topic of bugs, Ive noticed some things. I used Whoreson Junior on Kambi, an it should have removed him from the game and not allowed the deathwish to activate, because its a weaken effect, but the deathwish still activated. That cost me the match. Another problem with Whoreson is that his effect does not kill Morrenn before her damage activated, though it says on the card that it should kill the ambush unit before its effect triggers. That needs some definite fixing because I like Whoreson, but he's all but unplayable now.

It would be best to contact support -> https://playgwent.com/en/contact-support

It's true that a card that is banished shouldn't trigger deathwish. Personally I'd also agree that W.J. should be able to destroy M. before she triggers.

Cdpr failed pretty bad on this patch. I'm so glad the pro ladder was pushed back. They are known for quality work as long as the release date has been pushed back. They were obviously rushed. There is even a few mistakes in the patch notes they released for the gold immunity patch.

mfool123;n9464981 said:
They are known for quality work as long as the release date has been pushed back. They were obviously rushed.

This patch screams "rush job". It was only out for a few hours and players immediately noticed that many golds required re-balancing. Pushing back the pro ladder start date is a pretty clear signal that CDPR themselves do not think the game is balanced in it's current state.

I love the game and I have much more faith in CDPR than, say, Blizzard, so in a way I think them pushing back the ladder and fixing their mistake is a good thing. How many Hearthstone balance issues remained unaddressed for months (or in the case of Ragnaros, years)?

2. If the intention was that SC to work as it works now than the description would be something like the :the newest bronze / silver unit on either side at the end of the previous round. Than a demoted unit could be the legit target of SC. Played card means literally the card a player used from his hand and put it on the table ....in any game not only in Gwent.

3. The description of shield is "A shield token protects a Unit from the next power-reducing effect.". Is not protection until the end of the turn. King Bran delivered three consecutive damage reducing effects, so the shield would have vanished after first discarded card.

Well I guess this is an open beta so this is the time for CDPR to fix any bugs that are in the game. If you think you've found/experienced a bug, report it to CDPR and I'm sure they will eventually fix it.

They have just released a pretty major patch with changes to the core game mechanics (removal of gold immunity) and 30 new cards so it will probably take a patch or 2 to iron out some bugs and balance the game.

I have found another possible bug. Eeromancy (played through Keira Metz) allowed me to play gold weather card from my deck. Not that I complain. :)

el_Bosco;n9462381 said:
It is absolutely RIDICULOUS the Stammelford spam in ST. There is NO WAY that CDPR cared to test it properly.

Just now, in round 1, i've had 7 Stammelford tremors spammed. This needs to be fixed ASAP.

Nope I think Stammelford works the way CDPR really wanted, although it proved to be a wrong decision.
I remember watching the dev live stream and noticing that now the elven merc has 1hp instead of 2. I thought at first that this was an insignificant change, but no it was intentional. They probably thought it would be a nice combo to play elven merc, then Stam tremors and spawn an earth elemental (+ carryover). Maybe they did not fully realize how powerful that is.

Anyway, an easy fix for me would be to give the elven merc some armor.

PLIZ HELP ME, i was playing on my ps4... ONE RANKED MATCH... and the SELECTOR of cards disappears and i lost the match, the problem is the game or my ps4, because... ohh my god, thats shiting in my face...

Top Bottom