love this picture

+
siklara said:
LMAO!

Also this:

Speaking of which,I think that TW2 is better not just comparing to DA,but also to all other RPGs out there.I mean,Skyrim?Seriously?It's epic and all,but it's too linear.I like the freedom of choice implemented in the witcher and how the characters have their personalities.
You don't see that at Skyrim or Dragon age,there used to be that element in the Gothic series,but they just ruined it.

And btw,how many prisoners does Bethesda plan to free so they can be protagonists in TES games?It's getting TOO old.

Saesenthesis said:
Speaking of which,I think that TW2 is better not just comparing to DA,but also to all other RPGs out there.I mean,Skyrim?Seriously?It's epic and all,but it's too linear.I like the freedom of choice implemented in the witcher and how the characters have their personalities.
You don't see that at Skyrim or Dragon age,there used to be that element in the Gothic series,but they just ruined it.

And btw,how many prisoners does Bethesda plan to free so they can be protagonists in TES games?It's getting TOO old.

In the other series' defence: Skyrim doesn't even TRY to give you a complex storyline and great characters. It's a completely different type of game, a sandbox, not a story-driven RPG. Although, in terms of characters they definitely could've done more (compared to Oblivion they did - you at least have a handful of characters you get to know a little). And that prisoner-thing... well, I consider it to be a trademark of TES, or a running gag if you want to put it more condescending - definitely not a lack of creativity.

Gothic is a whole different story: Piranha Bytes, the devs, overburdened themselves with Gothic 3 - it was too big for such a small team. But instead of waiting for them to finish it or making PB make it smaller, JoWood forced a release with the game in a horrible state. But there was enough Gothic-goodness in it so that the community could make it a decent game. Meanwhile PB and JoWood split and JoWood kept the rights to Gothic - so G3 addon and G4, which both are horrible, aren't made by the original devs of Gothic. Piranha Bytes started a new project, Risen, which kept the spirit and qualities of Gothic alive.
tl;dr: Gothic's fall is not the devs' fault and it was not their intention to make it what it now sadly is.

Aaden said:
In the other series' defence: Skyrim doesn't even TRY to give you a complex storyline and great characters. It's a completely different type of game, a sandbox, not a story-driven RPG. Although, in terms of characters they definitely could've done more (compared to Oblivion they did - you at least have a handful of characters you get to know a little). And that prisoner-thing... well, I consider it to be a trademark of TES, or a running gag if you want to put it more condescending - definitely not a lack of creativity.

I agree, and what pisses me off is that Skyrim sells millions while TW1 barely reaches 1 million. Still, very good for PC only RPG, and I hope it sells better on Xbox.

siklara said:
A = Awesome button, nice.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMcVZQI6ybw[/media]

"We've introduced a system that really encourages you to be consistent"..

A,A,A,A,A,A,A,A,A,A,A,A....

Also, 4 hours of awesomeness :D

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SV97ozaD4vs[/media]

Can we just... stop comparing Skyrim to every RPG out there? It's been five games plus Fallout 3, you should know by now it's all about sandbox gameplay. TES games never had a good story or outstanding gameplay, it is big world and exploration that makes those games, along with fan mods. Nothing more, nothing less. Yes, it sucks that it's overhyped and sells more than story-driven RPGs, but please. It's like buying The Sims, then complaining the story isn't complex.

Dona said:
Can we just... stop comparing Skyrim to every RPG out there? It's been five games plus Fallout 3, you should know by now it's all about sandbox gameplay. TES games never had a good story or outstanding gameplay, it is big world and exploration that makes those games, along with fan mods. Nothing more, nothing less. Yes, it sucks that it's overhyped and sells more than story-driven RPGs, but please. It's like buying The Sims, then complaining the story isn't complex.

LOL, This thread is like BSN on Dragon Age 2 release all over again.

Oh my God, what is this thing? Can you make a custom Hawke that likes this? If yes, I'm reinstalling right nao.

Oh my, what a handsome fellow. I'm going to have nightmares sweet dreams about him. I believe I have a pic of his (?) sister.

siklara said:
Oh my, what a handsome fellow. I'm going to have nightmares sweet dreams about him. I believe I have a pic of his (?) sister.

Nuke it from orbit....its the only way to be sure. .

To be fair, that's the Warden.

Eh, forgot how much the "Awesome" thing irritated me. I'd say it's the worse marketing ever, but like a complete idiot, I fell into it (the non existent rise to power bit).

Well the only reason why DA2 sold so 'well' was b/c of the marketing. Can't really blame anyone. I bought it even though people said it was bad. Grave mistake by my part.

KnightofPhoenix said:
To be fair, that's the Warden.

Eh, forgot how much the "Awesome" thing irritated me. I'd say it's the worse marketing ever, but like a complete idiot, I fell into it (the non existent rise to power bit).

I thought it was going to be a story similar to that of Saskia. A person starting out as nothing more than a peasant, rising to become the champion of the people, then leading a rebellion against the oppressive rulers in order to bring equality and justice to those being discriminated against (the mages and non-humans....its identical isn't it?!). Its something I really wanted to do in DAO as the warden commander (or king if you so choose), but was not given the chance.

Instead, it was the story of some random guy who happens to be at the wrong place at the wrong time again, and again, and again....then finally choosing a side, the consequences of which has no impact. Yay?

Top Bottom