Low FPS, GPU, CPU and RAM usage.

+
Hello. I bought and installed this game today and it runs terribly. My GPU usage is at like naximum 30% and CPU usage 40, so I'm sat here getting stupid low FPS around 30. Changing graphics options doesn't matter. The game just doesn't use the hardware. I wasn't expecting such a basic thing to be so god awful this long after launch. I'm using a 3080, i7 11700k and 32gb of DDR4 3200MHz RAM. Is there any fix that I'm not aware of or have I just fallen for buying garbage? There is nothing wrong in the settings with vsync. There is nothing wrong in the control panel. The game just doesn't want to use the hardware and run correctly.

Any help is appreciated. Just extremely disappointed at the state of things.
Post automatically merged:

GPU not even going over 20% usage...

Last edited:
Is this a laptop, by any chance? If so, is it plugged in while you're trying to play?

Also, check your power configuration (power saving features), and ensure all are set to "Prefer maximum performance", "Never power down", etc. The two key exceptions to this would be monitor and hard drives/SSDs. We do not want those running constantly. Other "efficiency" options can actually prevent the hardware from working as intended.

What you're describing sounds too universal for it to be a bottleneck issue or anything. (Unless it's a voltage limitation issue -- which can happen with systems built with very low-quality motherboards. What are you using for a PSU, wattage and rating?)

Do you have SSD and is the game installed on one?

Also, have a look at stats with different software. Task manager can be very inaccurate in many cases - e.g. it will show 20..30% for multi core CPU even if several cores are boosted to maximum voltage / frequency or of it's thermally throttling and doesn't allow maximum frequency.

Top Bottom