Low GPU usage

+
I have low gpu usage in night city, graphic preset ultra + RT ultra, dlss - auto, fullHD.
Gpu usage: 60-70%
Cpu usage: 50%
Fps: 45 - 55

● CPU. AMD Ryzen 5 3600
● GPU. Palit RTX 3070 gaming pro OC
● Ram. Kingston HyperX Fury HX436C17FB3R2/16 2x8Gb 3933mhz
● Motherboard. ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. PRIME X570-P
● SSD: NVMe m2 Samsung evo 970 plus 500gb
● PSU. Bequiet! PURE POWER 11 600W CM Gold® (BN298)
● OS: Windows 10 Pro, version: 20H2, 64 bit, build: 19042.685 (last updated)

● Software Use Recording
● (MSI Afterburner) - performance monitoring
● Driver Version: Nvidia 460.79 (clean installation with DDU)

Attachments

• Cyberpunk2077_jg4ec1DZQo.jpg
    Cyberpunk2077_jg4ec1DZQo.jpg
    328.6 KB · Views: 1,799
  • Cyberpunk2077_42hrkMzIkO.jpg
    Cyberpunk2077_42hrkMzIkO.jpg
    331.4 KB · Views: 2,043
I have a Ryzen 5 3600, Palit RTX 2060 OC, 16GB (2x8) 3200mhz corsair vengeance, and am running the game on an SSD.
I use MSI Afterburner to monitor usage.

When I am in night city my GPU usage is around 60% (CPU is at like 40%) but the odd thing is when I leave night city and go out of the city my GPU usage goes up to 95-100 and my FPS jumps from 60 to 100. This is only after I removed my drivers (460.79) with DDU and reinstalled them, before that I was getting the 60% usage all the time.
The moment I get to the city again my GPU usage goes down, and so does my fps.

One more thing: The first time I launched after reinstalling my drivers my GPU usage was at 97%+ all the time (even in Night City) but after relaunching the game it went back to normal. I will try reinstall my drivers again now but I think the results will be the same.

Edit: It changed nothing reinstalling the Drivers.

Attachments

• Inside Night City.png
    Inside Night City.png
    4.3 MB · Views: 1,241
  • Outside Night City.png
    Outside Night City.png
    4.8 MB · Views: 1,273
Last edited:
I noticed that after a Longer playtime my Framerate Dropped to 25 from stable 60.
Changeing Quality did nothing to the Framerate. Not even changing the Resolution. GPU Usage was around 50%. Perflimit was Voltage.
The Game crashed after I attempted to close it.

Starting it again gave me full 60 FPS back.
Never had this in other Games.

Ryzen 9 3900x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 2080ti with a aftermarket Cooler.

similar problem for me, except it's not all time.
When I start to play, cpu and gpu usage are ok

But with no reason, and totally random, the cpu usage decreases a lot ( 80% -> 20% ) and framerate is out ( 50 fps -> 10 fps )
Only solution : close and launch again the game...

Same issue here, 2700X getting between 40-50% on CPU, 3090 GPU around 60%

Game still drops below 60 when in the city. RT OFF High settings. SSR Mid.

Guessing I'm CPU bound, RIP.

Hello, AMD users, try this fix, credits to @UnhingedDoork: https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/kbp0np/_/gfjf1vo
For me, the usage on my AMD 2600 bumped from 40-50% to 80$ and the game is more more fluent, the fps don't drops like crazy when driving the car into cyty and rotate camera.

SMT Enable for AMD processors

1.Open the EXE with HXD (Hex Editor).
2. Look for: 75 30 33 C9 B8 01 00 00 00 0F A2 8B C8 C1 F9 08
3. change to: 74 30 33 C9 B8 01 00 00 00 0F A2 8B C8 C1 F9 08
4. Save it

Download patched exe (for v1.04, GOG):
https://www15.zippyshare.com/v/5US9uD6X/file.htm

Last edited:
Closing programs like MSI Afterburner might be worth a try. And disabling overlay features of other programs (Discord, Fraps, Uplay and so on...). GeForce Experience can also cause problems. Avoid overclocking hardware.

I don't know if VolterMorts suggestion will work, but perhaps it's worth a try.

Other than that, please click on "contact us" to send a ticket to support:

It's definitely a good idea to let them know that there's still something fishy going on here.

Have the same issue here with my 3080 ryzen 3600 with 1440p GPU usage only 40-50% have latest Nvidia driver

I have a Ryzen 5 3600, Palit RTX 2060 OC, 16GB (2x8) 3200mhz corsair vengeance, and am running the game on an SSD.
I use MSI Afterburner to monitor usage.

When I am in night city my GPU usage is around 60% (CPU is at like 40%) but the odd thing is when I leave night city and go out of the city my GPU usage goes up to 95-100 and my FPS jumps from 60 to 100. This is only after I removed my drivers (460.79) with DDU and reinstalled them, before that I was getting the 60% usage all the time.
The moment I get to the city again my GPU usage goes down, and so does my fps.

One more thing: The first time I launched after reinstalling my drivers my GPU usage was at 97%+ all the time (even in Night City) but after relaunching the game it went back to normal. I will try reinstall my drivers again now but I think the results will be the same.

Edit: It changed nothing reinstalling the Drivers.
same , outside of night city or in someplace the gpu usage and fps seem normal , but in centre of the city street gpu usage drop to 50% and no matter what setting u at still same fps

Adding some more findings -- I discovered my Memory was not mounted in a correct Dual Channel configuration. I seated them correctly and noticed about 5-10fps increase.

CPU is not being a bottleneck at this point. I'm on a Threadripper 1950X and see only about 20-40% CPU usage depending on various in-game conditions.

I can easily run OBS/Discord Streams and see no drop at all on my in-game FPS which is odd. In most cases you'll always see FPS dip when doing a Stream of some kind because it needs to tax/use the GPU more. If it was actually using 90-100% of my GPU then I should see in-game frames dip so that OBS/Discord can use the GPU to encode and display the Stream. However, that is not the case and running an OBS/Discord doesn't have any effect on the game; which leads me to logically believe that the game is not using my card to its full potential (3090).

If I come across anything else; I'll be sure to add it. @devivre - The only overlay I'm using is Steam. I'll try disabling that.

I5 7600K
16GB
RTX 2060
Can't even play the game on Full HD - Low setting, getting 20-25 fps in external areas (internal areas are fine, over 70fps), the fps barely changes when i switch between graphic options, which just make it even more obvious the problem is not hardware related, also using 40% of my GPU. Tried everything, clean driver install multiple times, tweaked nvidia settings, updated windows, reinstalled windows,nothing i've seen people say worked for me.

Last edited:
The game requires a lot of cpu power. i have ryzen 7 3700x and i am at 50-60% cpu usage, that would mean the game is pretty much using up 4 full cores. Keep that in mind.

The CPU Fix for AMD worked! CPU jumped from 45-50 to 78% (Ryzen 3700x)
As for the GPU I found that DLSS is causing that GPU issue, turning off DLSS will make the GPU use all its power (more than 98%)
I hope they'll fix this soon

Top Bottom