Low GPU usage

+
Same issue here with i5 9600K & GTX 1070

CPU: Sits at 35-50% usage and the GPU is anywhere between 30-60%, changing graphics and resolution barely makes any difference to performance.
A friend of mine has this game running much better with same CPU and the usage sits between 80-95% and GPU at 98%

Update: This mod seems to have fixed the game for me (75-90% CPU and 99-100% GPU now with much better performance):
Cyber Engine Tweaks

Last edited:
Same issue here (note: I have same issue in another game too Star Citizen)

RTX 3080
Ryzen 3900X
32GB 3200 (2x16)
1TB m.2 FireCuda - NVMe
Windows 10 - 2004 (Build 21277.1000)
Post automatically merged:

I have found a solution and now GPU usage go to 100%

If you're using iCUE (from Corsair), set the PSU to Single RAIL performance and close iCUE (system tray -> right click -> Quit)

1607994727089.png

image0.jpg

Credits: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforc...ering-with-windows-10-2004-and-45185/2811346/

Last edited:
I found a solution for my system.

Asus AI suite and possibly other Asus software is causing this issue.

Uninstalling, disabling services and ending processes is not enough and you need a clean windows reinstall.

I reinstalled with all my usual applications, settings and tweaks but no Asus software and sure enough I'm getting 98-99% gpu usage.

Finally I can play.

So I experience this literally every time I play. My 1060 6gb is only getting a 0-0.3% load on high. But there's still resources to use on the gpu while I'm playing. Lond of annoyed on what to do especially since the config file fix that went around supposedly stopped working on the last update. Not sure what I should do at this point.

sometime u have to restart or load the save file to make the gpu usage normal again if u ever change some setting , better restart the game and try.

Asus AI suite and possibly other Asus software is causing this issue.

Yes, this was also verified in another lengthy thread (https://forums.cdprojektred.com/ind...r-what-resolution-or-settings-on-pc.11043734/) and I've had the problem myself.

It's still a good idea to apply the SMT fix as well as the CPUPool/GPUPool optimization, as it will even out occasional stuttering while navigating the city quickly, but the hard CPU bottleneck is in fact caused by AI Suite (or to be more precise, the "Dual Intelligent Processor 5" optimization feature).

Uninstalling, disabling services and ending processes is not enough and you need a clean windows reinstall.

Clean Windows install is NOT required, actually you don't even have to uninstall any ASUS software. Just do an "in-place upgrade", which basically is a reinstall of Windows' system files while leaving all user files, installed apps and settings as they were before, as described here: https://www.thewindowsclub.com/perform-windows-10-in-place-upgrade
Just keep in mind to NOT use the DIP5 feature afterwards, but you still can use AI Suite to control your cooling fans.

Yes, this was also verified in another lengthy thread (https://forums.cdprojektred.com/ind...r-what-resolution-or-settings-on-pc.11043734/) and I've had the problem myself.

It's still a good idea to apply the SMT fix as well as the CPUPool/GPUPool optimization, as it will even out occasional stuttering while navigating the city quickly, but the hard CPU bottleneck is in fact caused by AI Suite (or to be more precise, the "Dual Intelligent Processor 5" optimization feature).

Clean Windows install is NOT required, actually you don't even have to uninstall any ASUS software. Just do an "in-place upgrade", which basically is a reinstall of Windows' system files while leaving all user files, installed apps and settings as they were before, as described here: https://www.thewindowsclub.com/perform-windows-10-in-place-upgrade
Just keep in mind to NOT use the DIP5 feature afterwards, but you still can use AI Suite to control your cooling fans.

Huh, yeah that was actually it... What's weird is that I never used that specific ASUS feature, but I did use the Suite to update my motherboard BIOS once. And like you said, doing the in-place upgrade did do the trick. Been having the same load drops like everyone here but after the 'upgrade' the GPU remained pegged at 98%. Good find guys, thanks.

Ryzen 3900x, I tried doing the 75 > EB hex edit fix and my CPU usage still isn't going above 30%. Can anyone help or provide any suggestions? Thanks.

Hello,

Same issue, the GPU works at 0% (I think it isn't 0%, but the GPU is under-used). I am sure because on all my games (Monster Hunter, BFV, Red Dead Redemption, Borders Land 3 etc...) the temperature of GBU reach 80 - 81 °c;

With CyberPunk, the GPU is at 60°c in Chill status. I tried several was found on Reddit with no success in my case.
I am waiting the patch 1.05, but with someone has something to solve this :).

Thanks.

This worked for me. Thanks both of you guys. But I did a clean windows install just in case and only installed drivers. Nothing else.

Does it actually impact performance on your system? Try to do a CPU benchmark by setting your graphics to 720p Low or something like this. In V's apartment you should get much more than 100 fps (with VSync disabled of course). If yes, it's ok; if no, it's perhaps a bug.

Explanation why it might not be important:

Games generally do not scale as well over CPU cores as some other software like 3D rendering or video encoding does, as they are mostly dependent on the performance of their main thread. Thus it is expected that one thread uses 100% of one core (albeit this can be difficult to detect, as this thread will move between cores), while all other threads will use significantly less CPU time per thread, resulting in complete load over all cores of 50% or even much less, depending on the game and the number of available cores. This is why single core boost is so important for games, while HyperThreading can even _reduce_ performance (since every two logical cores share parts of their pipeline, which can introduce wait times in the main thread).

Explanation why it might be a bug:

Many users (including myself) suffer from an incompatibility between a feature in the AI Suite software bundled with ASUS motherboards and the game itself. You can test if you are affected by this bug using the method described in the first paragraph.

Having the same issue here, the game uses less than 30% of my CPU and less than 50% of my GPU.
I have, however, spotted several instances where the game magically manages to properly use my GPU.
I've recorded two clips: https://mega.nz/folder/SGow0I4L#kMOOvRU9asPdf1smBwcJqQ

The oddity occurs at the 50 second mark in both clips. You can see the GPU usage shoot up to 90%, and the framerate increases as well. After about 10 seconds however, the GPU usage drops back down again with a drop in framerate accompanying it.

My specs:
CPU: Ryzen 9 5950x
GPU: RTX 2080 ti
RAM: 32GB DDR4-3600@cl16

Edit:
Just downloaded the 1.05 patch (Steam), no improvements whatsoever regarding this issue

Last edited:
I had the same issue - in NC I was getting 65 - 80% usage on 3080. with my i7 9700 at about 80% utilization. I changed DLSS from Performance to Quality and now I'm at 98% GPU utilization constantly.

I5 7600K
16GB
RTX 2060
Can't even play the game on Full HD - Low setting, getting 20-25 fps in external areas (internal areas are fine, over 70fps), the fps barely changes when i switch between graphic options, which just make it even more obvious the problem is not hardware related, also using 40% of my GPU. Tried everything, clean driver install multiple times, tweaked nvidia settings, updated windows, reinstalled windows,nothing i've seen people say worked for me.
its cpu related, lower all setting fakin up the cpu, shadows and so on

I had the same issue - in NC I was getting 65 - 80% usage on 3080. with my i7 9700 at about 80% utilization. I changed DLSS from Performance to Quality and now I'm at 98% GPU utilization constantly.
i guess people forget this setting

Hello,

Same issue, the GPU works at 0% (I think it isn't 0%, but the GPU is under-used). I am sure because on all my games (Monster Hunter, BFV, Red Dead Redemption, Borders Land 3 etc...) the temperature of GBU reach 80 - 81 °c;

With CyberPunk, the GPU is at 60°c in Chill status. I tried several was found on Reddit with no success in my case.
I am waiting the patch 1.05, but with someone has something to solve this :).

Thanks.
maybe you just play 1080p and have rtx with dlls on card and vsync on locked on 60fps
without your system specs and so on all is speculation

I have low gpu usage in night city, graphic preset ultra + RT ultra, dlss - auto, fullHD.
Gpu usage: 60-70%
Cpu usage: 50%
Fps: 45 - 55

● CPU. AMD Ryzen 5 3600
● GPU. Palit RTX 3070 gaming pro OC
● Ram. Kingston HyperX Fury HX436C17FB3R2/16 2x8Gb 3933mhz
● Motherboard. ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. PRIME X570-P
● SSD: NVMe m2 Samsung evo 970 plus 500gb
● PSU. Bequiet! PURE POWER 11 600W CM Gold® (BN298)
● OS: Windows 10 Pro, version: 20H2, 64 bit, build: 19042.685 (last updated)

● Software Use Recording
● (MSI Afterburner) - performance monitoring
● Driver Version: Nvidia 460.79 (clean installation with DDU)
According to the Nvidia website, you need a bigger power supply. [recommended: 650W]

Top Bottom