Low GPU usage

+
Apologies first if there are other threads about this but I've been having problems with gpu usage really since the start of playing the game, it's was fine for the most part because things still ran pretty well but I want to use the full potential of my system becauss I feel I should get more performance than what I'm currantyl geting
Specs:
Windows 10 (installed on original 1tb hard drive)
Cybperunk installed on SSD M.2
Rtx 2070 super 8gb
16gb ram
Ryzen 5 3600
I also had an SSD for other games which is 250gb

I've previously used the hex editor to get full usage of my cpu but that was updated in the 1.05 patch I believe, my cpu usage is always very high up between 80-100% so I don't think it could be a bottleneck? (although I've not much understanding of that)

Tried uninstall drivers with DDU in safe mode and install the drivers seperatly not using geforce as recommended and not seen any change, I did this three times because I've read sometimes it takes a few times to work. Didn't receive any boost in performance for this. Even one time my game just stopped to 0% gpu usage and crashed although on opening it again it was working as "normal"

In the city I'm generally hitting between 30-50 gpu usage, in rare occasions 60% but the majority of the time its on fair too low.

100% usgage is possible because outside the city in badlands etc the usage will be up at 100% sometimes and run really smoothly and great but going back into the city it drops down again but surely the city is more demanding so this really confuses me.

Only thing I haven't tried is reinstalling windows and I've wanted to out windows on my 250gb ssd for a while now just for the sake of it so I'm going to try it and also remove windows from the original hard drive.

Also I've tried high performance mode for my power settings, used razer crotex as boost mode, change nvidia settings to prefer maximum performance/power and nothing is making changes

Any solutions? I'm still really loving the game judt want more consistency in my perfomance

Edit: Forgot to mention I'm playing on high with film grain, chromatic aberration, volumetric fog and cloud quality all set to low/off. I'm not using any DLSS because it's never made any improvements to my performance and just muddies up the textures imp, I'm also not using any Ray tracing.

After trying reinstall of windows no change once again

Last edited:
Hi,

I have 3060 Ti and Ryzen 5 3600

I watched benchmark from youtube and they are playing very clearly(50-70fps with RTX 1080P) but i am playing like 40-55 FPS and this is disgusting. My cpu overlocked to 4200 Mhz & 1,20 Volt.

DLSS OFF - RTX OFF 40-55 FPS - 1080P

Help me fix this issue. My gpu usage usually between 65% - 85% sometimes but very short times %95+

How can i fix this issue?

1608888629967.png

Last edited:
Dunno what videos you are watching but what you see is what you're expected to get. A 3600 will bottleneck any modern RTX gpu in this game, because CDPR and AMD wants you to buy their new, shiny Ryzen 5600x/5800x CPUs. Why not? Because they pack %30-35 more single core power.

Guess what? They will lock that sweet, sweet locked 60 FPS for that CPU. Rest? GG. You will get %30 less FPS. So no 60 FPS any CPU lesser than a Ryzen 5600x.

Welcome to PC Master Race. They could've done it better, but then everyone would get acceptable 60 FPS performance from their CPUs. Nope. Gotta make people buy those new, shiny, expensive 300 dollar 6 core CPUs.

And me?? I am using a 5900x at 5.0ghz paired with 32 GB ddr4 at 3200 cl 15 and a 2070 súper, muy GPU usage is never over 60%. Never upper 76 FPS, lowest settings 76 FPS, ultra settings 76 FPS.

Dunno what videos you are watching but what you see is what you're expected to get. A 3600 will bottleneck any modern RTX gpu in this game, because CDPR and AMD wants you to buy their new, shiny Ryzen 5600x/5800x CPUs. Why not? Because they pack %30-35 more single core power.

Guess what? They will lock that sweet, sweet locked 60 FPS for that CPU. Rest? GG. You will get %30 less FPS. So no 60 FPS any CPU lesser than a Ryzen 5600x.

Welcome to PC Master Race. They could've done it better, but then everyone would get acceptable 60 FPS performance from their CPUs. Nope. Gotta make people buy those new, shiny, expensive 300 dollar 6 core CPUs.
That's kind of true. I mean, the bottleneck will be present in resolutions under 4k, but the bottleneck will also let you play above the 80FPS so... it's a bottleneck? Sure. Do i mind it? No. CP2077's case may be slightly different because it's a new "next-gen" game, poorly optimized and cpu intensive so. That's that.

I get the same frame rates on a 2600x with 32 GB DDR4@3200 and a 2070 Super KO on an x470 chipset. I play easily at 50-70 FPS with Ulta Ray-Tracing. Lowest FPS I've seen is 42 downtown driving on a foggy night with all the billboards, holograms, and crazy lighting in City Center. The latest gear doesn't always mean FPS bragging rights. I love my potato, it works with every game like they were made for it, and it's not too far from the latest generation of consoles so I won't be disappointed every title that's released that's optimised to run on them. Give CP some time and im sure some PC optimizations will be forthcoming and you can look at more frames, I wouldn't complain unless they get down below 40 to be honest. The game engine is working harder in this game than probably anything else your comparing it to.

Top Bottom