Low Performance Cyberpunk 2077 PC

+
Since few months ago i bought a new PC (well some components are upgraded) and i thought let's try Cyberpunk again, latest v1.52 version.
Everything is pretty much up to spec, except for my graphics card which is still a first gen 2070 RTX (8GB VRAM), no super edition or anything. I wanted to skip the 3000 series and wait for the upcoming 4000 series release which will most likely have much more VRAM among other things.

My system specs :

PSU : Corsair RM850x (850 watts)
CPU : Intel Core i7-12700K (Noctua NH-D12L Cooler)
GPU : ASUS ROG-STRIX-RTX2070-O8G-GAMING (8GB VRAM)
Motherboard : ROG STRIX Z690-F GAMING WIFI (Socket 1700)
RAM : Kingston FURY Beast Black 32GB (DDR5)
Soundcard : Sound Blaster E1 (USB)
Storage : NVMe Samsung SSD 970 (1TB) & Samsung SSD 850 Pro (512GB)

Overall the game runs around 55 - 60 FPS on Medium Quality with DLSS on Auto / Performance in 4K Resolution (RT Disabled).
"Screen space reflections quality" seem to have biggest impact (next to Raytracing)

A few things i noticed that helped for me regarding the "min fps" and to reduce micro-stuttering.

- Disabling Anisotropic Filtering in Nvidia Control Panel
- In Geforce Experience Performance Overlay (The screen where you can do automatic tuning / overclocking), i put "Power Maximum" from 100% to 125%
- "Disable FullScreen Optimizations" on the Cyberpunk2077.exe file properties.
- If Vsync is on 60, i had to put Max FPS on 60 also in CP settings. otherwise i would get random strange stutters ingame after a period of time, usually after using the map, (tab key) scanner, or various HUD / Interface related animations would cause the game to suddenly stutter, not sure if that is a game-bug.

- If Vsync is on 60, i had to put Max FPS on 60 also in CP settings. otherwise i would get random strange stutters ingame after a period of time, usually after using the map, (tab key) scanner, or various HUD / Interface related animations would cause the game to suddenly stutter, not sure if that is a game-bug.

It is. There are a few threads about it. I find that if I go into and out of the map a couple of times, it fixes itself.

For those looking for a good performance jump without much image quality loss, look at this mod on nexus!

It's a mod that implements FSR 2.0, amd's counterpart of nvidia's DLSS.
But the mod makes it avaiable for NON RTX users. (and possible some AMD GPU users)

(reminds me a bit of dx9/dx10 on xp/vista.)
dx10 couldn't work on xp either....according to microsoft....., until the community stepped in! :D

I'm not monitoring my fps, but i noticed a great big improvement in my fps with this mod, and i do mean big!
Basicly it lets you turn on DLSS on non rtx cards.

I even got to turn "screen space reflections" from off to medium,
while maintaining a better and a more consistant fps...
(based on the feel of mouse movement and gameplay , not actuall fps monitoring)

I have a asus gtx 1060 dual oc 6gb. And the improvement is massive.. although i notice a bit more graphic artifacts... but nothing that breaks the game, and it's worth the increase in frames.. for all lower-end users, expecially non RTX GPU and AMD GPU users.
It's worth the try. (The mod recently got updated again)

Hope this helps some!

Top Bottom