Low quality photo mode

+
Hello,

Yesterday I wanted to make nice screenshots with the photo mode tool and I was troubled by how my char looks like. I'm playing on ray-tracing ultra and this is what I get when I want to make a photo of my char.
photomode_15122020_173900.jpg

My char looks like that in inventory screen:
Capture.PNG

Any idea if I'm doing something wrong or if it is a bug?

Thanks for the help.

I am really surprised by the difference :(
Normally the worst, it's in mirrors, Photo Mode is often quite better.
But to test, could you redo a relatively close V (if possible) by choosing the Nomad lifepath ?
Because it is possible that this is a problem who persists in your save (and difficult to correct with a patch).

(Nomad because it is the fastest to take a screenshot in a mirror and an outdoor screenshot in Photo Mode during the day and in the sun).

DC9V

Forum veteran
This might help:
  • Validate/verify/repair game files via GOG or Steam.
  • If game is installed on HDD go to in-game settings and choose "slow HDD mode".
  • if your GPU has less than 6GB of video memory (VRAM) choose texture quality low or medium instead of high.
  • clean-install GPU driver. (You could try to use Guru3D_DDU and clean-install in Windows_safe-mode.)
  • clear DirectX shader cache by running cleanmgr.exe as admin
  • add an exception in the Windows (Defender) Firewall for anything related to Cyberpunk.
  • FLASH your BIOS and enable the XMP profile for your DRAM
If all of that didn't help, you might want to re-install the game.

Lighting seem to be the issue as well sometimes. Indoor it's likely to look better, but whoa, in your case - you lost your beard! :D Unless you shaved that day, it's..not good.

exxxed

Forum veteran
Looks to me like a DLSS Ultra Performance issue, use either DLSS Auto or DLSS Performance.

You need to remember that DLSS has it's own internal resolution that gets upscaled to your desired resolution.

For example, if you aim for 1440p with DLSS, the internal resolution is closer to 720p or lower at Ultra Performance mode hence the really blurry look.

Heck DLSS Performance at 4K renders at 1080p resolution which I find really blurry on my screen so I go for DLSS Auto which is closer to 1440p or 1800p internal res.

You can also try the DLSS 2.2 Update off Nexus and see if it makes a difference for you, it did for me, much more sharp and better performing in general but supposedly it has some visual artifacts - personally I haven't seen any that were not present before with the regular DLSS.

Good luck.

Well, tried everything posted here and still no luck. I guess I'll just open a ticket now that the customers service should be less harrassed.

Thanks for the help guys :)

I just brought this old forum post up, since I have exactly the same issue and don't want to make doable topics.

It feels like lighting is not correctly done on characters especially V. I even have Path tracing in photomode enabled.

I do get exactly the same issue as what you posted. I have DLSS enabled on auto. There is a massive difference in quality if I make a picture with photomode or directly on Steam.

Top Bottom