LT (left trigger) not working in witcher 3 gameplay

+
LT (left trigger) not working in witcher 3 gameplay

So i have seen this brought up else where but not solved.

Randomly about 10 hours into game play my LT stopped working. It works on other games just not this one and is quite a game breaking glitch. Restarting the game and re calibrating the controller to the Xbox do nothing, nor does reloading saves before this started.

sorry if this was solved somewhere already but i have yet to find it actually solved so please any suggestion would be helpful and i ahve submitted a support ticket in hopes i will get some return from their support here.

Last edited:

iCake

Forum veteran
@Grimm285

The first order of bussiness here should be connecting another controller and seeing if the problem still persists. Also the fact that your LT button doesn't work in the W3 but works in other games might not mean anything. You see when it comes to axis related buttons (like LT/RT, also both sticks) this gets a little bit more complicated than with ordinary one push buttons like x,a,b,y etc...

Each game sets different requiremets for how much the axis coordinates must deviate from the resting position for the game to actually register an input. Speaking plainly, how far down you have to push down your LT button to perform the action assigned to this button.

If I remember correctly, you have to push the triggers almost all the way down in TW3. Most games will register input even with a slight touch of the triggers. Anyway, there is something you can do to test your controller and see if your controller's at fault..

1) Use a USB-microUSB cable to connect your controller to a PC. Any such cable will do and if you have an xbox one play&charge kit, you just have one already.

2) If you're on Windows 8/10 just wait for the system to recognize the new device and automatically install the driver for it. Otherwise, download the driver manually.

3) Hit "Win+R". A command window will pop up, type "joy.cpl" (without the "") in there and hit enter.

4) Another window will pop up showing all gaming device connected to your computer. Click on properties and behold yet another window.

5) There'll be too tabs in this window. The first tab will allow you to calibrate your device or reset any calibrations made to it. The other tab will display an interactive window with all your controller buttons there. Try pushing your controller buttons and see if the input registers. Then push the LT button all the way down and see if the Z axis meter fills all the way to the right (RT is Z to the left). If it is not the case, then your LT button is faulty.

Last edited:
Hi there,

I am having the same issue. I have the Xbox One Elite Controller hooked up to my Xbox one. When I play the Witcher 3, LT and RT are not responsive and do not register. Here is what I have tried so far through troubleshooting:

1. Tried another game - LT and RT worked fine in every other game I tried.
2. Downloaded latest update for the Controller, restarted the system, and opened Witcher 3. Still failed.
3. Made sure I was on v1.21 of the Witcher 3. Still fails
4. Tried both wired and wireless
5. Ran the test listed above - LT and RT worked great.
6. Tried wired and wiresless - still does not work.
7. Tried a normal Xbox one controller - Worked fine!

Is this game compatible with the Elite Controller?

Thanks,
Tim

Last edited:
Yeah.

What Locks?

Im trying almost everything the internet has on this with no avail.

Its such a minuscule Bug. Im sure it can be fixed.
Now? 4 Years after release?
Still causing problems for new players?

I just installed the game and cant progress through the tutorial.

Damn. :/

You probably already figured out what the "LOCKS" are but for other people, underneath the elite controller there are two switches for each trigger that let you adjust the travel distance of the trigger. If you have it set to short The Witcher 3 will have a hard time registering the input for some stupid reason. Just switch those to the full range of motion position and you should have no trouble.

Top Bottom