Ludonarrative dissonance

+
Judy left with V, Panam and the Nomads, in one of the endings (5) I did.
Post automatically merged:

Dissonance, no. We speak of duality, white, black; night, day; life, death.
ahh yes their cheap tying of V&Judy's relationship fate to a completely unrelated group of scummy nomads.

ahh yes their cheap tying of V&Judy's relationship fate to a completely unrelated group of scummy nomads.
Unrelated group of Nomad ?
It seem to me that if V leave Night City with the Aldecaldos,
It's because V take care about them by help Panam in all of Aldecaldos quests.
And also that V ask Panam's help to assault the Arasaka Tower and certainly risk Aldecaldos lifes for "simply" trying to save her/his own life. What they accept... So Panam and all the Aldecaldos have risked their life and loose some "friends" for V, it seem to be quite important in my point of view :shrug:

And Judy leave Night City with V only in this ending if you romance her,
She already decide to leave Night City way before (she have no reason to stay).
And it's the only ending where V leave Night City. Except if V go behind the Black Wall, but I don't think Judy want to follow her there...

Unrelated group of Nomad ?
It seem to me that if V leave Night City with the Aldecaldos,
It's because V take care about them by help Panam in all of Aldecaldos quests.
And also that V ask Panam's help to assault the Arasaka Tower and certainly risk Aldecaldos lifes for "simply" trying to save her/his own life. What they accept...

And Judy leave Night City with V only in this ending if you romance her,
She already decide to leave Night City way before (she have no reason to stay).
And it's the only ending where V leave Night City. Except if V go behind the Black Wall, but I don't think Judy want to follow her there...

Judy expresses no desire to leave town with the Nomads. V agrees to leave Night City with Judy in romance. So yes the only way they allow you to follow through on what you agree in their cheap railroaded endings is through a completely unrelated group of nomads.

Maybe because after destroying Mikoshi, cause Arasaka to lose tens of billions of eddies, V can't pas through the border control like if nothing happen (unlike Judy who can). And the only way to leave Night City it's to go with the Aldecaldos and with their help, pass through their "hidden" path...
And as Judy want to leave Night City and with V if possible, she also come with the Aldecaldos 'cause there is no way to do it differently. It seem obvious, to me at least :)

Maybe because after destroying Mikoshi, cause Arasaka to lose tens of billions of eddies, V can't pas through the border control like if nothing happen (unlike Judy who can). And the only way to leave Night City it's to go with the Aldecaldos and with their help, pass through their "hidden" path...
And as Judy want to leave Night City and with V if possible, she also come with the Aldecaldos 'cause there is no way to do it differently. It seem obvious, to me at least :)
That such a load of BS, to me at least.

Judy expresses no desire to leave town with the Nomads. V agrees to leave Night City with Judy in romance. So yes the only way they allow you to follow through on what you agree in their cheap railroaded endings is through a completely unrelated group of nomads.

They might be unrelated to Judy, but for V it's the only way to leave as she is the most wanted person in NC. I mean, she can't go anywhere near any city where Arasaka holds power anymore.

They might be unrelated to Judy, but for V it's the only way to leave as she is the most wanted person in NC. I mean, she can't go anywhere near any city where Arasaka holds power anymore.
[...]
B) I must have missed the bit of the Johnny ending where they showed him being beat to death by Asaraka guards and only got the presentation on him jumping a bus out of town wearing V.
C) The Sun ending presentation is all about rewriting your character as a depressed scum of the earth character, not about a character who's tried every method of getting out of Night City and failed.

Last edited by a moderator:
[...]
B) I must have missed the bit of the Johnny ending where they showed him being beat to death by Asaraka guards and only got the presentation on him jumping a bus out of town wearing V.
C) The Sun ending presentation is all about rewriting your character as a depressed scum of the earth character, not about a character who's tried every method of getting out of Night City and failed.

You can insert whatever headcanon you want [...].

Guest 4412420

Doesn't Panam say that the reason they can't cross the border is because of the Arasaka tech they're lugging around, not because Arasaka is aware that V was involved in the attack? It's a little strange if they somehow know V was present in the Star ending, but have no clue in the Sun. Or that Johnny can leave by the bus regardless of who V asked for help, like @wright1978 mentioned.

Doesn't Panam say that the reason they can't cross the border the usual way is because of the Arasaka tech they're lugging around, not because Arasaka is aware that V was involved in the attack? Sounds like V should be able to leave alone with Judy. It's a little strange if they somehow know V was present in the Star ending, but have no clue in the Sun.
If my memory is not failing,in Star is explicitly said that you are in the list of most wanted. The difference why in Sun you don't need to run is that in Star you associated with Nomads and caused damage to Arasaka,Militech and Night Corp...even if Arasaka is out of NC,Militech and Night Corp stay.
In Sun, you only pissed of Arasaka so Militech has no reason to go after you.

If my memory is not failing,in Star is explicitly said that you are in the list of most wanted.
With the Aldecaldos, it's not as "discreet" as the assault with Rogue (or even in Solo with Johnny). Militech forces are literally obliterated by V and the Basilisk :)
And even if V attack the Araska Tower with the Aldelcaldos and left his/her body to Johnny, we "only" see Johnny take the bus at North Oak. We don't really see him outside of Night City unlike The Star ending where we clearly see V leaving and outside Night City.

It remains "vague" about Johnny.

I think i only played once the give your body to Johnny, so if I say something stupid and/or not supported by the game throw me a (virtual) stone.
But if you do nomad assault + give body,Rogue is still alive and ruling so i assumed that Johnny asked for a favor (once more).

I think i only played once the give your body to Johnny, so if I say something stupid and/or not supported by the game throw me a (virtual) stone.
But if you do nomad assault + give body,Rogue is still alive and ruling so i assumed that Johnny asked for a favor (once more).
Maybe. In any case nothing is "shown" in this ending. We don't even known if he's still talking to Rogue, Kerry, or anyone about his "old life". His only apparent relationship is with his young neighbor. He seem to be really alone :(

Rogue threatens to murder him in that route doesn't she?

Hm.., it's rather Panam if you romance her who "search" Johnny. Rogue doesn't care about Johnny in this case if I'm right. :)
Don't think that's correct.
"She finally told Johnny to never return to Night City, insinuating she would hunt him down if he dared to ever show his face in the city again." (source rogue wikipedia page)

Easy to know :)
Rogue in Aldecaldos Temperance ending.
"Good luck out there, Johnny. And never come back to Night City"
For me, it don't sound like a threat, more like "don't come back, no one will miss you here."
Right time :
Not the same as Panam, who she want to find this fu..ing coward to "rip V out of his head" no matter where he's hidding (if V romance Panam).
Also at the right time :

So I don't think Johnny ask help to Rogue for leave Night City and maybe he will be caught at the border by Militech (a bus should be controlled I think) :)
Or maybe he have a L.O.A card with a big attachment :D

Last edited:
HOW?? If you go alone, or go in with Johnny and Rogue you get a bar and a rooftop apartment and somehow arasaka cant find you... or order a drone or attack helicopter flyby??

Only if you raid the building with nomads does arasaka want to hunt you down??

Make no sense - is not consistent.

HOW?? If you go alone, or go in with Johnny and Rogue you get a bar and a rooftop apartment and somehow arasaka cant find you... or order a drone or attack helicopter flyby??

Only if you raid the building with nomads does arasaka want to hunt you down??

Make no sense - is not consistent.

When you go with Nomads, you also rob them and literally carry out a military assault with a tank against Militech. It's not just Arasaka that is after you, but Militech too.

When you go with Nomads, you also rob them and literally carry out a military assault with a tank against Militech. It's not just Arasaka that is after you, but Militech too
And who guards the border around Night City ? Militech...
In the other endings, V (and others) only attack Arasaka. So Militech (and maybe all the other corpos) could be "quite happy" and even could say "thanks" to V for that (for completing the 2023 assault objective).
But with Nomads, it's not the same story at all :D

Top Bottom