Lykaon

+
Lykaon: Editor Version

Since I don't really have the time to finish Lykaon, I decided to upload the editor version of it. Anyone who is curious about it can check it out! If you want to use it as a base for your own mod or if you want to make a playable version out of it, please feel free to do so!

There are a few things however that you will have to consider:

1. I cut content out of this version. Some ideas and quests I had for Lykaon were used in W3 and some ideas might even be in further installments. This is why I decided to cut them out of this version.

2. This is a "work in progress"-version, so please don't think you can just easily play it. I did not have the time to polish it up for an actual "play-release", so parts of the level or quest are missing, because I was just about to work on them (climbing up to the trolls swamp as an example is impossible right now, because the cliff is missing).

3. Many assets are unfinished, don't work or are simply placeholders I made so I can actually see something during development. However, they are not meant to be final in any way.

If you load all available layers, the level will show everything that could be shown at any part of the game, which will make it look like a mess. I made a few quick screenshots of the layers I have usually loaded:

This is the default environment of Lykaon:

If you want to visit the "rat country", you should load the following layer. You will then also have a new rat country environment:

If you intend to check out the quest file, please don't take it as a good example of how to do things. When it was created, I basically had to learn Redkit and how to do a quest to begin with, so it is very unoptimized and the structure is very much a mess. Same goes for the layers ;)

File: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fgaiz6iq9zyk45h/Lykaon.zip?dl=0

Unfortunately I won't be able to provide a lot of technical support. Despite not having a lot of time, I also simply forgot a lot in the two years since I really worked on the mod. However, I will of course try to do my best. Have fun!

Since Lykaon probably won't ever be finished, would you mind sharing some of the voice-work with us, Benz? I'm dying to hear the voice of the guy who's playing Geralt, who you said was perfect for the role.

Here you can see an old test I made with three voice actors (Dandelion is Gavin from miracle of sound). It was of course very unfinished, so the lipsync I tested did not work all the time. But this is the only fully voiced scene that actually ever made it to Lykaon.
Sorry for the dialogue I wrote there, it actually makes me cringe a little watching this now. :sadtriss:

Here you can see an old test I made with three voice actors (Dandelion is Gavin from miracle of sound). It was of course very unfinished, so the lipsync I tested did not work all the time. But this is the only fully voiced scene that actually ever made it to Lykaon.
Sorry for the dialogue I wrote there, it actually makes me cringe a little watching this now. :sadtriss:

"I will do everything you say, but I don't have a wife.".

HAAAA! I'm dying. :rofl:

The guardsman was a hilarious actor, and did an amazing job. Geralt and Dandelion were great, too, but Geralt did a bit too much heavy breathing, at the end of each sentence.

I can't believe you're embarrassed by that. :D

Are we allowed to know, by any chance, what quests from Lykaon were implemented in-to TW3? Also, does the world "Lykaon" have any meaning?

So many questions. Sorry. :p

Last one: do you ever think you'll come back to it, some day? Or, maybe transfer it over to TW3, and continue working on it?

---------- Updated at 08:40 AM ----------

Don't make me guilt-trip in-to finishing this expansion, Benz. I have no shame.

What I DO have, though, is some hilarious videos that you made. Hopefully, this will entice you to come back. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HW7iW8dvX_c

Last edited:
I can say that one of my ideas for Lykaon made it into Blood and Wine, but I removed every trace from it in the Lykaon editor version I released, so no one will ever be able to tell which one it was. ;)

Lycaon was the name of a king in greek mythology who was transformed into a wolf. The story of Lykaon would have introduced werewolves later on, so I thought that would make a nice fit.

I'll very likely never come back to it, since I don't really have the time for it and I also spend my days working on W3, so I generally don't want to continue doing that when I come home. :D
But believe me that I can do much better things at Cdpr than I could have ever done with Lykaon.

Sorry for the dialogue I wrote there, it actually makes me cringe a little watching this now.
It's not terribly bad, although I can understand your cringe on a couple lines. The bit with the donkey is rather. . .peculiar.
I can say that one of my ideas for Lykaon made it into Blood and Wine, but I removed every trace from it in the Lykaon editor version I released, so no one will ever be able to tell which one it was.
I'm intrigued. Please, whatever you do, make sure you don't give us a hint. I know that would be the last thing we'd want. . .

It's not terribly bad, although I can understand your cringe on a couple lines. The bit with the donkey is rather. . .peculiar.

I'm intrigued. Please, whatever you do, make sure you don't give us a hint. I know that would be the last thing we'd want. . .

Don't worry. We'll squeeze it out of him, after B&W is released. It's only classified because it hasn't come out yet. :)

Hello ,
Nemo

is there a chance we will get our hand on the full uncut Lykaon raw data after the release of Blood and Wine? Even some months later, for avoiding spoilers would be no problem.
My other questions are: Have the Fleder and the other monster templates been ready for playing in game (editor version). I tried to use them, but after killing the monster (fleder template) the red kit crashed. Has someone tried to fix the template, which was just meshes with debug editor boxes for me in the beginning. Or does someone know how to fix it?
Same question about Bessy and cows in general, has someone tried to get her in (editor)game, was the template ready or still not ready or broken? Has someone an idea why the tekopar animated market stand is not fully textured?
And last but not least, thanks again for all that incredible stuff, like the beaver, the Griggs, the changed textures, the watermill....
Thank you
Nemo

Edit : Ok, I finaly figured out to solve the missing textures with the market stand of tekopar, I had to use the detailmat2sided. Took me just 4 months to figure it out.... Red Kit is sometimes so frustrating, but if you finally solved a problem you are very proud and happy. :D

Last edited:
Benzenzimmern said:
I also put a few ideas I had for Lykaon ( as an example bringing back the Griggs) into the fairy tale that I made ("Beyond Hill and Dale"), but other than that, other things I worked on like the lady of the lake and the tournament have nothing to do with Lykaon anymore.
So you are basically responsible for the best parts of expansion. Thank you for those great moments!!!

I also put a few ideas I had for Lykaon ( as an example bringing back the Griggs) into the fairy tale that I made ("Beyond Hill and Dale"), but other than that, other things I worked on like the lady of the lake and the tournament have nothing to do with Lykaon anymore. :)

Thank you for the great moments, especially the lady of the lake, that one gave me a strong hit of almost fatal nostalgia.

Sorry if I'm wrong, but what are the news? Is this a mod in alpha state, whlie the author stopped working on it? The Trailer looked so good :-/

It is, but I released what I did so far in case anyone wants to use it for his own mod or finish Lykaon. :)
But if you played Wild Hunt and especially Blood and Wine, you might see some things that were originally planned for the mod.

Greetings!

So, I know I'm a bit late to the party, but I'd really like to take a look and see if I could do something with Lykaon. Sadly, the dropbox-link above is no longer valid, so - if anybody has a version and would upload it, this would be greatly appreciated! :)

Godspeed, Culórin.

Both links only provide the cooked mod, I'm looking for the editable REDkit version :) Or is it possible to un-cook a mod?

I still have it
(maybe I changed some small things like readjusted textures which have become default in the files Benz originally shared etc.)
and if @Benzenzimmern is ok with it I could it provide it from time to time via pm. I won't post it open with a link because I might delete the uploaded files afterwards it is 1.5 gb so quite big.

Greetings Nemo

Top Bottom