m0_*.utc files are used in witcher "campaing" ?

+
m0_*.utc files are used in witcher "campaing" ?

im creating a mod and i have to run through >1600 utc files so im deleting unnecessary ones to save some time. anyone has an idea if m0_blahblah.utc files are used in main adventure? there are multiple versions of same models in game. can i safely delete these files?

@flash_in_the_flesh anyone has an idea if m0_blahblah.utc files are used in main adventure?
No :-\But all is saved in the main.key. If you do a copy, all is saved. I begin with my mod too.And i export all the files, i dont need out of the data-directory (wav, ogg, etc.). So DJinni runs a liitlelittel little bit saver. Placeables (utp), Items (uti), etc. i let in my data.directory.so long...

ok, i figured that out already. i want to mod main adventure enemies. there are >400 q0, q1, q2, ... qx*.utc files representing enemies. these files are enough to mod all enemies in main adventure or are there more files responsible for them?

flashintheflesh said:
ok, i figured that out already. i want to mod main adventure enemies. there are >400 q0, q1, q2, ... qx*.utc files representing enemies. these files are enough to mod all enemies in main adventure or are there more files responsible for them?
That's depending on what exactly you want to do with those creatures. If you want to retexture you need the .dds files, if you want to play as a monster, you need the cr_xyzcharacter (or the cs_xyz) files. So what exactly do you want to do with those enemies? But at last the .utc files are those, who are saved for the game itself, so maybe it is enough to change those files. Haven't tried yet, so I don't know.

im making difficulty mod. it's supposed to be very hard so i want to edit enemies to reward player with higher experience. i found every enemy in "q" .utc files corresponding to acts. q0 prologue, q1 act I, etc. still i find some missing like drowned dead. there is drowner but not drowned dead. already all "q" files, thats 403 files. tedious work!from all utc database there were >1600 files. after deleting all zero exp models, there are 803 left. hope i wont have to edit another 400 apart from "q".

First, it's only a guess and I don't know if it works like I'm thinking at the moment...maybe: you can use the djinni to work on the extracted files, simply open them with the resource explorer in Djinni, change the experience points and/or their level and then place them in the override folder, and try if it does what it should do. As I said, it's only a guess...

:Dit is working this way and i already edited 403 utc files in djinni. the problem is, i dont know if i'm editing correct files. you know, you can pick one file from 1600 and this file is not ever used in game because its only for test purpouse or something. thats why i'm asking, maybe someone know if these files are correct ones and covers all models in main witcher "campaing" adventure or maybe there are more models i should edit.edit: i'm sorry, i should explain it in details at beggining. i'm posting this problem in Polish forum and after that it's so obvious for me what i'm asking about that i posted here vaguely.

Now i understand the problem. Sorry for my unqualified answer. That must be a lot of work... good luck!

Sure, now I know what you meant exactly... but there is a import option. Isn't it possible to import all the files from the "modules/final!" folder? I mean the complete module to import and then check which models are used.I know that importing funktion didn't work correctly in the V1.3, but maybe it's worth a second try with the new Djinni. :whistle:

flashintheflesh said:
.utc files corresponding to acts. q0 prologue, q1 act I, etc. still i find some missing like drowned dead.
drowned dead is missing in every "q" act files.i already made my mod. 807 edited .utc files among others. i edited all models with >25 exp values.still asnwer to this issue might help other modders in future.Hexenmeister Raven i'll try extracting main "campaing" later. dont know if its possible nor if it helps. now i just want to play the game with new difficulty :)

Top Bottom