[MAC] Serious display error, can see the opponent's hand

+
my friend play gwent on Macbook Pro with VMware. Since the new dlc , there are some display error with opponent's hand. Mostly the cards in the opponent's hand are not displayed, and once it is visible.
e74c4106feb9ff21caffa580019b41f.jpg

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc

rrc

Forum veteran
my friend play gwent on Macbook Pro with VMware. Since the new dlc , there are some display error with opponent's hand. Mostly the cards in the opponent's hand are not displayed, and once it is visible.
View attachment 10996291
OMG! This is an immediate must fix. This is game breaking. Did you create any support ticket?

I'd say the issue could be caused by the fact your friend is using a 3rd party software to even run the game on a Mac. Haven't seen any other reports of this issue (I searched around the web).

• RED Point

rrc

Forum veteran
I'd say the issue could be caused by the fact your friend is using a 3rd party software to even run the game on a Mac. Haven't seen any other reports of this issue (I searched around the web).
Would it then technically mean that it is cheating/hacking?

maybe it is the reason , but he use vmware as a virtual environment of window. technically he is using it on Windows.
Post automatically merged:

Would it then technically mean that it is cheating/hacking?
Certainly not, Otherwise we wouldn't report it .

• RED Point
maybe it is the reason , but he use vmware as a virtual environment of window. technically he is using it on Windows.
I know next to nothing about virtual environments, but I'm just generally suspicious of third-party software when issues occur.

rrc

Forum veteran

Certainly not, Otherwise we wouldn't report it .
Yes yes, I agree. I didn't mean your (and your friend's intention) was to cheat the game. I meant that, using a third party software to get unfair and unintended advantage may be considered as cheating by the company and taken steps towards it.

But please create a support ticket with your environment and screenshot so that CDPR fixes this issue.

I think it would be worthwhile to bring it up on Boot Camp forums as well. As stated above, Mac is not an officially supported platform for the game. Contacting support may not result in anything but a response that Mac is not supported.

That being said, it seems to me that it's likely to wind up being a display driver bug. Seems that the card "backs" are an overlay mesh / texture. The drivers are either not drawing the overlay, or they're drawing the card faces on top of the card backs, instead of the other way around. In that light, bringing it up on the Mac forums for your GPU would be another good step.

• RED Point
Yes yes, I agree. I didn't mean your (and your friend's intention) was to cheat the game. I meant that, using a third party software to get unfair and unintended advantage may be considered as cheating by the company and taken steps towards it.

But please create a support ticket with your environment and screenshot so that CDPR fixes this issue.

thanks for reminding ! actually already contacted official yesterday.

I think it would be worthwhile to bring it up on Boot Camp forums as well. As stated above, Mac is not an officially supported platform for the game. Contacting support may not result in anything but a response that Mac is not supported.

That being said, it seems to me that it's likely to wind up being a display driver bug. Seems that the card "backs" are an overlay mesh / texture. The drivers are either not drawing the overlay, or they're drawing the card faces on top of the card backs, instead of the other way around. In that light, bringing it up on the Mac forums for your GPU would be another good step.

This is what we are worried about. if the card face had sent to the local, there must be a way to extract it from the local. It can be used to make a cheat.

Top Bottom