Machine Breakdown

+
Machine Breakdown

Ballista

Deploy: Damage an Enemy and up to 4 other random Enemies with the same Power by 1.
Fresh Crew: Repeat the Deploy ability.
Max damage: 21
Condition: must have units' strength aligned

Catapult

Deploy: Damage the Highest and Lowest Enemy on the opposite row by 2.
Fresh Crew: Increase the Damage dealt by 1.
Max damage: 8
Condition: 2 units on the same row

Battering Ram

Deploy: Damage an Enemy by 2. If it was Destroyed, Damage another Enemy by 3.
Fresh Crew: Increase the initial Damage by 1.
Max damage: 7
Condition: unit with less than 5 strength

Reinforced Ballista

Deploy: Damage an Enemy by 2.
Fresh Crew: Repeat the Deploy ability.
Max damage: 6
Condition: none

Trebuchet

Deploy: Damage 3 adjacent Enemies by 1.
Fresh Crew: Increase the Damage dealt by 1.
Max damage: 9
Condition: 3 units the same row

Besides Ballista, all machines seem to be fairly balanced. Still, Battering Ram remains the most popular choice next to Ballista because of it's flexible targeting, even when the condition for the 2nd trigger cannot always be met. So, how can we make the other machines more interesting without immediately making them preferable above the rest?

Put the Battering Ram ability to the Reinforced Ballista and let it be mini Aard - Damage a Unit by 2 and push it to its back row.

This will also make the Trebuchets more playable, cause this way you will be able to line em up them succas for intensive slappin... maybe will help and Catapults if they don't get changed like, to deal vertical damage. Not the best thing in the world, but still better than the abomination we have right now.

partci;n9910431 said:
Put the Battering Ram ability to the Reinforced Ballista and let it be mini Aard - Damage a Unit by 2 and push it to its back row.

Oh, I like that idea.

Should add tower in there. They are the foundation of my machines decks because they don't need enemy targets. It's not really about the damage as much as the point swing to me.

Last edited:

4RM3D

Ex-moderator
gigabomb;n9913191 said:
Should add tower in there. They are the foundation of my machines decks because they don't need enemy targets. It's not really about the damage as much as the point swing to me.

The Siege Towers are kinda the opposite of Reinforced Ballistas with one extra strength. At best, the Towers have 14 strength, which is pretty decent. Anyhow, I kinda forgot about them because they do not do any damage, making them quite unique compared to the rest of the machines.

Top Bottom