Madoc Deck Tech

+
When you announced Madoc last week i was very excited, but i had some people arguing with me he was not that good, and more specifically shot down my idea of a NG Madoc deck, saying it would be better in ST. Well...

View attachment 11147177

View attachment 11147180

I've only faced NG, ST Movement and NR Witchers so far, but i've had no trouble beating those with this allegedly meme deck :cool:

That's a nice bit of revisionism on your behalf.
" i had some people arguing with me he was not that good"
If that was aimed at me then that is not true. I did not suggest he wasn't good.

What I didn't agree with was this;
"Should be cool on a NG deck with Letho KS for a 2nd Madoc. Might even be a little broken, there's a reason why NG doesnt have this type of summon/carryover cards like crowmother/Flying Redanian, because they can create multiples of it.
And if opponent also plays (and there will be lots of players trying it out on first few days) - you can copy it with Dudu, Imposter leader ability and seize it with amnesty/sweers... Yeah i think NG meme decks will like this card."
The fact that you seemed to suggest by including Dudu and Letho in your deck that Madoc would be, as you said, broken. The very reason some cards are considered broken is because they are consistent. By adding bombs, dudu, madoc and letho you are doing the opposite and making your deck more inconsistent. No for one second was I suggesting that it couldn't be or shouldn't be done, but merely trying to point out by introducing a ton of cards for a specific meme is, in most probability, not only sacrificing round control but also consistency, which good decks require to perform.

And yes, for this reason, I do think it's a better fit in ST because you only have to replace 2 4 or 5prov cards in order to reliably run madoc, thereby making it a more consistent option over NG, where youre looking to run a minimum of 4 bombs, which is why i felt tat maybe ball might be a better option for ng players.

Last edited:
Top Bottom