Madoc Deck Tech

+

Patch 8.1 introduces a new card - the explosion loving Witcher Madoc. Our team has designed this card in a way that you could “build a deck around” it. We figured out that we’ll try our hand at brewing some fun synergic deck that could make Madoc feel at home. Our idea puts him in a Skellige - Witcher oriented shell, but it’s merely one way of many, and we’re excited to see what you will come up with.
The Decklist

Along with the decklist, we prepared a small deck guide.

The basic tactics revolve around cards that can spawn Witcher Adepts (like Selective Mutation, Armor Up or Bear Witcher Quartermaster), Vesemir: Mentor for boosting your Witchers, and utilisation of bombs plus Madoc interaction. There is also a “damaged units” sub theme that works with Arnaghad, Junod of Belhaven and Bear Witcher Mentor. In terms of removal, this deck does not really have powerful one shot options. That does not mean there is no way to take out pesky enemy units, as it has a potential to deal a lot of widespread damage, and finish them off with some targeted blasts. Last but not least, there is a decent amount of Adrenaline cards used in this deck, so pay attention to your play sequencing. Sometimes it’s better to mulligan them away, so you can easier meet the condition in the second or third round.

Selective Mutation: Spawns Witcher Adepts, can tutor for example for Vesemir: Mentor if you didn’t draw him, or any other of our Adrenaline cards that we might need. It can also create a tutoring chain with Geralt: Quen.

Armor Up: Major source of Witcher Adepts spawn, creates a very nice set up for Vesemir: Mentor or Leo from the get go.

Vesemir: Mentor: Best played in rounds where you can spawn most of the Witcher Adepts (as they don’t exist in your hand or deck). Playing him in round one creates most value when it comes to boosting your Witchers in deck.

Bombs: Damage, removal, enabler for Bomb Heaver and tutor for Madoc. Having at least one is important to get as much value as possible from Madoc, but try to not keep a hand with more than three (unless there is a reason for it).

Madoc: Target to be mulliganed away, due to a built in tutor with bombs. Can be summoned potentially up to five times. Geralt: Aard can help with lining up the opponent units for Cataclysm. Look out to not get “doomed” status, but if it would happen early in the game, you can potentially use Moon Dust to not lose him permanently.

Haern Caduch: Very versatile card that can give you most of the bronzes that you might need.

Junod of Belhaven: With our various means of dealing damage, has potential to remove any threat.

Leo: Just like Vesemir: Mentor, best if played in rounds where you can put out most of the witchers on the field.

Dire Bear: Helps to curb boosts that could make the opponent’s units get out of our range of damage.

Geralt: Aard: Helps to line up opponent units for our weathers, and provides wide damage that Bear Witcher Mentor and Arnaghad benefit from.

Gerd: Synergy with our units that care about damaged enemies/units, as he’s a source of broad non targeted damage.

Bear Witcher: Fodder for our units that care about damaged units, and a source of targeted damage in most cases. Best positioned next to Haern Caduch, as then he can reach his full potential of 8 points.

Bear Witcher Quartermaster: Another card that plays well with our units that care about damaged units, and a source of Witcher Adepts.

Arnaghad, Bear Witcher Mentor: Our major payoff for the unit damage setup, with Arnaghad being a very conditional, but still, removal. 7 points is a serious amount of damage, and there is a chance that we can repeat it for similarly spectacular effect.

Bomb Heaver: Thematic addition, as it’s a card that benefits from our use of bombs. Source of damage that still leaves some body behind.

Leader Ability Onslaught: Very versatile in our deck, it can be an enabler for our units that care about damaged enemies/units, that last targeted point to finish off a unit, or a shield removal service.

Nice work.

I understood The idea of using Dire bear to force your opponent puts all his cards in a specific row.

But since mardoc summons to a random row, Maybe you can flip Dire bear and put ciri nova (since The deck fits her condition)

Edit: OK, of course you can put dire bear in The back row and push 3 potencialy boost units tô that row with geralt aard

Nice work.

I understood The idea of using Dire bear to force your opponent puts all his cards in a specific row.

But since mardoc summons to a random row, Maybe you can flip Dire bear and put ciri nova (since The deck fits her condition)

Edit: OK, of course you can put dire bear in The back row and push 3 potencialy boost units tô that row with geralt aard

What are you even saying? Ciri Nova condition is that 9 provision should be the highest for a card. Not provision 10.
Post automatically merged:

I have already made a deck with Modac. Gonna be uploading my gameplay video pretty soon. It's more of a meme deck than a competitive one. But it's fun nonetheless.
I hope you guys keep adding new interesting cards like this (and alzur). Keeps the game fresh.

DRK3

Forum veteran
When you announced Madoc last week i was very excited, but i had some people arguing with me he was not that good, and more specifically shot down my idea of a NG Madoc deck, saying it would be better in ST. Well...

Madocs vs NR Witchers (R1).jpg

MADOC MADNESS.jpg

I've only faced NG, ST Movement and NR Witchers so far, but i've had no trouble beating those with this allegedly meme deck :cool:

DRK3

Forum veteran
I expected more people playing Madoc, kinda dissapointed. The ones that were using Madoc, did it 'half-assed' and were destroyed when i copied and seized their own.

Madoc is basically a Roach, but with more versatility - it tanks random damage, it can be used for control, and replayed multiple times on a round. I've been able to wipe the board against ST movement several times, leaving them pitiful Gezras/Gaitans.

Also, i found a new appreciation for Dudu. Even though most of the times there were no enemy Madoc to copy, he can copy a Defender, an engine, a pointslam MO unit, ... he did find value in most matches i've played it.

I bought the witcher renforcement bundle but I can't open it it's saying I have to wait for the expansion to release I don't know what to do

@DRK3: How did you create 4th copy of Madoc?
1 his own
2 letho
3 dudu
4 coup The Grace and/or anisty/ or Yen invo

Also, since The Madoc backs Everytime, coup The Grace can create 2.

In a perfect match, with imposter leader you can create 10.

1 - your own
2 - letho
3 - dudu
4 - coup
5 - coup (in another round)
6 and 7 - impostor leader + idarran
8 - 9- impostor leader 2 (damien) + idarran
10 - and finally anisty/Yen invo

Maybe someone can create more than that, those are The things i think in this moment.

AAlso,as i said, should be a perfect match, i myself dont use idarran for that

@EduFerraz: So 3rd+ copy will exist only if enemy player also plays Madoc?
Dudu, Coup, Yen, leader work only if Madoc is on the other part of the board.

@EduFerraz: So 3rd+ copy will exist only if enemy player also plays Madoc?
Dudu, Coup, Yen, leader work only if Madoc is on the other part of the board.

Well, as far i can think, you are correct. Thats why i said in a perfect match.

But, Maybe some genius brain Who think outside The box can make a move to have more copys, or to put a Madoc in The other side of the board even If The opponent start deck doesnt have it

When you announced Madoc last week i was very excited, but i had some people arguing with me he was not that good, and more specifically shot down my idea of a NG Madoc deck, saying it would be better in ST. Well...

View attachment 11147177

View attachment 11147180

I've only faced NG, ST Movement and NR Witchers so far, but i've had no trouble beating those with this allegedly meme deck :cool:
How did you get four of these dudes? LOL

DRK3

Forum veteran
@Lexor @EduFerraz Already answered you for me, mostly.

On matches where the opponent doesnt have Madocs, i can only get 2 (second with Letho KS).
When i get 4, the 3rd is with Dudu, the 4th was not with Coup de Grace, although that is a good suggestion and i will include it, specially since you can get 2 more.

The 4th one i got with sweers/amnesty, way more efficient than seiziing with Yen Invo.

@StanislavOZZO See this post for answer.

@Lexor @EduFerraz Already answered you for me, mostly.

On matches where the opponent doesnt have Madocs, i can only get 2 (second with Letho KS).
When i get 4, the 3rd is with Dudu, the 4th was not with Coup de Grace, although that is a good suggestion and i will include it, specially since you can get 2 more.

The 4th one i got with sweers/amnesty, way more efficient than seiziing with Yen Invo.

@StanislavOZZO See this post for answer.
cheers.

i ve made a big mistake in this topic with the ciri nova, but i think i redeem myself with some good ideas.

PS: i dunno why, but i still thought the ciri nova has changed in this last expansion. Since i dont use too much that card, maybe my brain tricks on me

Madoc is pretty strong in Draft combos too. There is a pack with 3 of them, and I got 2 bombs in the other pack.

7 wins :coolstory:

Top Bottom