Mafia 3 [Just announced]

+
Mafia 3 [Just announced]

Mafia 3 was just announced, more info coming on the 5th of August

https://twitter.com/mafiagame

Looks like it's set in 60s-70s according to those muscle cars. If that's the case then oh fuck yes.

Can already imagine the amazing music that the radio stations will have.

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]some thoughts based on the screen:

Muscle cars eh? Looks like it'll be set in the 60-70 period.

The third character from the left looks like a proper afro hair lady. This would align the game period more with the sixties.

Does the image also mean that we will get multiple protagonists, GTAV style?

I mean that's what it looks like to me, if the poster is any hint. Either that or you play as the dude kneeling down about to fed to the gators. We have what looks like like a white sketchy dude, a really tall dude, a black sketchy lady, and some sorta corrupt cop/agent. That's a decent amount of variety.

Dude is obviously some sorta cop, it's hard to make out but he's got some kinda badge.

Mafia 2 was the only 3rd person game that did fire fights right (in hard mode)

you can't be shot ever otherwise you die instantly and it didn't feel like bullshit when you got shot. It was always you not being prepared or not focusing on all the places the enemy might appear. It felt good unlike GTAV or RDR where your character is riddled with bullets.

My worst fears have sadly come true.
The entire thing just soaks from that cliched, American sense for drama, art, and fun. Gameplay is arcadish and overly brutal, main character is a professional killing machine with IQ at values below zero (Judging from the monologue). Our beloved atmosphere from the previous titles has been flushed down the toilet. Only hopes left for the story, but I wouldn't keep them up.
If this was called The Driver, I wouldn't care, but whatever this is, it is not our good old Mafia anymore.

Looks like shitty arcade game. Setting sucks too, especially the protag (muh mah homies in da hood got shot up by evil spaghettis). Franchise butchered. Hope it bombs.

---------- Updated at 07:15 PM ----------

Just read in games.cz interview that the game director (a giant SJW by the way) did not even know the games before he was assigned to work on this... So yeah.

Top Bottom