magic lamp

+
magic lamp

i dont know why but after door opens objective : search the room using your witcher senses failing
here is screnshots
steam version

Attachments

• 22d628436c.jpg
    22d628436c.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 112
  • 07b08874ff.jpg
    07b08874ff.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
Hi!

This can happen if you progressed through the room without searching for every clue. It will not block progress and you can just continue with the quest regardless (or at least you should).

The "failed" objective just means that you may have missed some investigation part in the room but it does not impact the progress.

yes i know
but i search everything
and you can see on second screenshot successfull that objective, but it turns to failed

Actually, the second screenshot is not visible so I did not catch that.

In this case, please do the following:

1) Go to http://en.cdprojektred.com/contact-support/

2) Select your platform and describe the bug. Be sure to mention it is a Quest related issue.

3) Attach a savegame.

We will look into it.

However, from what i can see this is not hindering your progression of the quest?

no not hindering
it just annoying :)
i reupload second screenshot
can you see it?

Attachments

• b4a3084268.jpg
    b4a3084268.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 102
yeah, i got the same problem. it shows cleared at first but after i completed the puzzle, it immediately shows it fails. i don't know what else to examine because i examine all the red marked items 10 times.

same here, I looked at everything just not the statues, because I was just trying to make the obvious fire sequence right

Same issue for me as well. The objective completes (green) then changes (red) after lighting the fires. Tried examining all the statues before lighting them, running around the level looking for anything I might have missed, nothing works or changes the outcome.

Not hindering, just infuriating to an obsessive like me.

Same issue for me as well. The objective completes (green) then changes (red) after lighting the fires. Tried examining all the statues before lighting them, running around the level looking for anything I might have missed, nothing works or changes the outcome.

Not hindering, just infuriating to an obsessive like me.

Yeah, same as well. i actually repeated it 10 times. please do a patch to make this green. thanks.

Just pesky bug. I have several times come to get the task done, but the result is the same every time (luckily I read here).
Also, I try to positions in the green line, so now annoying.

The game punishes the free examination of the Example if you destroy the nest without that you've been talking about it first, the hunter, if it is required so failed the character should be. In my opinion, such a measure demanding task should lock in some way, that it can not do without talking, or initiating the formal assignment. Many times I have had to re-download the game to a certain point in order to get a successful mission done. Two other task I failed because I visited those places in advance researching.

When can we expect a fix for this glitch? As a some sort of completionist I don't want to move on with the game with this failed objective.

Last edited:
I have the same problem. I searched the entire room using the Witcher sense, and solve the puzzle to get the magic lamp, It says on the mission objective I completed the task, but as soon as I use the devise to exit the area, it now says I failed the objective (to use the witcher sense to get the lamp). I've done this mission 4 times, and the same thing occured. Ar first it says I completed the objective, but then says I failed to complete the objective. This is a bug, because I even seen a youtube video of someone else having the same problem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKtXo-fdqBE

Also note: I live in the United States with my current update is 1.02 on the PS4.

same thing here,steam 1.4!

i will only play this game after a fix for this quest!

but who cares? i already paid for the game! -_-'

Being somewhat of a completest, I do not like seeing portions of the game that I have not finished. I have had to restart several times already just because I missed a given portion. Further more, I dislike the fact that there are some missions that seem to require failure in order to perform the best outcome.

Has anyone actually be able to complete this mission without any failures? If so, are you able to do it again and if you can, please provide screenshots identifying what you had to view in order to succeed.

Last edited:
Being somewhat of a completest, I do not like seeing portions of the game that I have not finished. I have had to restart several times already just because I missed a given portion. Further more, I dislike the fact that there are some missions that seem to require failure in order to perform the best outcome.

Has anyone actually be able to complete this mission without any failures? If so, are you able to do it again and if you can, please provide screenshots identifying what you had to view in order to succeed.

There are people who themselves say they have no problem with this quest. However, I have yet been able to confirm it since they don't upload pictures or videos proving their point. I can understand the game offering different alternatives to complete quests and therefore fail at least one objective. But in this case, this bug makes it seem like the game is punishing you for completing the objective after you light the braziers and open the door. While you can simply ignore this, for me it's important that this get fixed before I complete it.

I downloaded patch 1.05 for the PS4, and the Magic Lamp bug is still not fixed! At first it says I used my Witcher sense, but as soon as I solve the puzzle, it says I didn't use my witcher sense. I'm an completest, which is why I started this entire game over hoping this bug was fixed...it's still there!

Last edited:
Top Bottom