Mahakam Season ends soon!

+
DRK3;n10549052 said:
- please correct me if im wrong, players who have been on the top of the ladder since early seasons - it's way harder, with netdecks being way more versatile vs all other decks, and with the matchmaking system dediciding to put me vs SC everytime i use my SK main deck, which is totally countered with all that control.

I'd say in most seasons we had some oppressive archetype that was hard to overcome. I wouldn't say it was easier back then.

However, this season it seems you can succeed with a lot of different decks. For example, Henselt, Alchemy NG, Great Swords, Eredin Frost, Consume, Deathwish Monsters, Coinflip ST or certain Shupe Decks... all seem like valid choices if you want to hit rank 20. I don't recall many seasons where this was possible.

But yeah, sometimes you see a lot of a certain type of archetype and have to try to adjust to that...
And matchmaking and coinflip can sometimes give you a rough time, no doubt.

DRK3;n10549072 said:
Sorry for the (double) rant guys, but i feel i need to point out the BS that makes every recent Gwent match unpleasant:

1. Coin flip abuse. Its bad when i get the blue coin, but when on top of that the opponent plays the silver spy, i wanna break the screen.

2. Silver spies. I admit i use them too, but i guess i suck with them since i'll always end up with the short end... And i dont recall they ever being as problematic as they are now.

3. Netdecks. Almost as bad as they being designed to be simple so every layman could do well with it, its you ending up facing the same decks over and over again!

4. Ciri Nova. Im not here to complain about the card, but it seems everytime i bother looking at the card count in the beginning of the match to see if it has 26, it doesnt have, and everytime it has, i forgot to look...

5. Carryover. I have always been a fan of it, but between that, the coin flip and the silver spies, the CA question becomes too relevant in Gwent, and i miss the times i didnt even bothered to look who's ahead on the card count.

Not that I would believe someone would listen to you, on the contrary, I feel like the bastardly style of playing you describe is only endorsed and the more underbelt blows you deal the bigger macho you are considered... Anyway:

1., 2. Easy remedy. Make it impossible to abuse. 1) make the coinflip truly random and not like 95% blue coin, and as for the silver spies, why not cancel them - just think about it, it is not such a heretic idea. On the other hand, CA means a lot, and as I play, I observe how easy it is to trick the opponent into card disadvantage. Some people are too eager to win the 1st round at all costs, often willing to go even 2 cards down, so let them. The rest of the match will be yours.

3. I observe that actually the best decks are not on the top positions, but in the lower half of the ladder. And, gwentdb is not the only source available.

4. Oh... That bo**sy wh*re... :D Not willing to fall into fiery discussion why cards like this should not exist right now... All I wanted to say is you can't rely on the number 26 anymore. If there are 26 cards, the opponent doesn't have to necessarily have her, and with the usual 25 cards it is still possible to have her (if you forfeit having 1 silver or 1 gold card) - so you never truly know. And, as you will have surely your Scorch or Geralt: Igni used already by the time you meet her - I always keep Dudu for this case as a pleasant surprise. You just have to have the last move in the game (and guard your CA closely).

And 5. - why, carryover is still a thing - if you're a squirrel or a monster. Or, maybe a nilfgaardian slavedriver too. Others would have to be using adrenaline rush, and usualy they are not, as it would occupy space in the deck they need for other cards. This can be used nicely.

mli_dragon;n10549032 said:
Seriously?
I understand when people felt frustrated that those rewards were only given to top 1000 exclusively (except a couple of avatars.) Now, the devs have made it so forgiving, and still people complain. They are rewards and the players spend a lot of time ranking should feel at least rewarded with some exclusive trinkets. Don't u think? It just seems like people complain no matter what it is.

Yes, I completely agree with you that it should feel rewarding, but instead of all trinkets, only borders and titles should be rewards for grinding and achieving a high rank, which makes alot more sense to me atleast. I am not complaining here, I am just stating my own opinion and I respect it if you disagree with this

Edit: By the way, they also balanced the game more last patch. That does not mean it's balanced now. So in other words, improving the trinkets system does not mean it's ideal yet in my opinion.

Last edited:
It's over so soon? How am I supposed to ruin the game by brainlessly playing my brainless netdeck in such a short time?

This season climb was far better than last season in terms of rewards etc. My gripe is that it's a very short season. That said, a reset to the beginning of a month is overdue. I guess it's better to time it to the end of Feb.

I'm not complaining if season rewards arrive earlier this month. Cant wait to see what CDPR pull on April Fool's

DRK3;n10543982 said:
Im gettin sick of these netdeckers, barely find any SK or NR on Ranked now, its mostly SC and the occasional NG Alchemy or MO Dagon.

The irony is i'm trying to climb to Rank 20 to get Bran's avatar since he has been my favourite leader for over a year, and probably wont get it, while these SC netdeckers probably hate SK and Bran and yet will get it, and use it solely for showing off...

After a TON for grinding I managed to get Level 20, and using Bran as the leader :)

GICaesar;n10550522 said:
1., 2. Easy remedy. Make it impossible to abuse. 1) make the coinflip truly random and not like 95% blue coin, and as for the silver spies, why not cancel them - just think about it, it is not such a heretic idea. On the other hand, CA means a lot, and as I play, I observe how easy it is to trick the opponent into card disadvantage. Some people are too eager to win the 1st round at all costs, often willing to go even 2 cards down, so let them. The rest of the match will be yours.

I don't mind going 2 down for the win in the first, forcing them out of their CA in the second with my own spy/ambush cards and then going into the third even-or-better ready to double/triple scorch a fool. They think they are as smart as you till they aren't, ah I never get good-game scrap like this. : )

dgabor82;n10546992 said:
Instead of 2 month season, we have a rush 20 days... It is not even fun or anything.

The main reason this season is shorter is so any future seasons can start/end in a regular shedule indead of starting/ending within the month.

Finally a GM! Last three games were a parade of destruction, as the last Oppo got absolutely obliterated with his Moonlight deck, like, I had all of my frost and he actually could not make a move. Won exactly 19 MMR to nail 4200. If it was 18 I guess I would jump off the window.

Now, I was with the impression that rank 21 gives you the Dagon avatar or am I wrong, as in the Rewards it shows something different?

partci;n10563172 said:
Finally a GM! Last three games were a parade of destruction, as the last Oppo got absolutely obliterated with his Moonlight deck, like, I had all of my frost and he actually could not make a move. Won exactly 19 MMR to nail 4200. If it was 18 I guess I would jump off the window.

Now, I was with the impression that rank 21 gives you the Dagon avatar or am I wrong, as in the Rewards it shows something different?

Congratulations.

What prompted me to quote you is that the first time I got a Rank 20 few seasons back, I had 4249 like 3 times and lost like 15+ deciding games before finally getting it, I missed 2 points, got matched against the deck I am usually weak against but won, and got 29 points because opponent was way ahead, which doesn't happen often. So I over shot it by 27 points

A week ago, similar thing happened Iwas around GM a day or two, and when I got the Rank 21 I over shot it by 15 points, while usually not getting much more than 15 points as I neared the 4200.

Top 10000 gives you Dagon avatar, it is Season reward so you have to wait, but with Rank 21 you should easily be among top 10k, you could even try for top 1000 now that Rank is in the bag.

SrdjanB;n10563302 said:
... Top 10000 gives you Dagon avatar, it is Season reward so you have to wait, but with Rank 21 you should easily be among top 10k, you could even try for top 1000 now that Rank is in the bag.

Thank you. And I do know what are you talking about pretty good. Pretty damn good...

I was also with the impression that at 21 you go Top 10 000 and get the avatar, but as I've never been there and opened to see the rewards to assure myself, the blue line had stopped just under Dagon, so I got kinda disappointed. Never the less - GM is finally accomplished and I can now live a happier life, looking down on all the geeks playing this game beneath me.

The system is a joke. 20 days season...I don't want and can't play full-time to get to a relatively worthless rank 21. I got to rank 20 in only 105 games. One month seasons are very bad for the game.

All I want to know is, will we be getting another limited time Special Offer? Perhaps this time half cost on scraps to craft cards? :p Wouldn't mind a repeat of any of the two previous ones either.

soph912;n10563752 said:
The system is a joke. 20 days season...I don't want and can't play full-time to get to a relatively worthless rank 21. I got to rank 20 in only 105 games. One month seasons are very bad for the game.

I climbed from 16 to 21 for 4 days: Friday to Tuesday, as I didn't played at in Sunday.

This season's MMR points distribution made me to actually try and "grind" for 21, as usually I didn't had the nerves to do so. It felt achievable without me investing my whole life in the game and made me actually want to grind a bit more. I did not felt "cheated" to grind day and night to get to 21, like I've been trying in other seasons with no avail.

CDPR, for the sake of the game, please keep this MMR distribution.

:cheers:

Does anyone know the cutoff point in MMR for top 1000? I was around 350 this time yesterday but i did not have time to check the game for the last day so not sure if i made it.

Voyagers;n10565382 said:
Does anyone know the cutoff point in MMR for top 1000? I was around 350 this time yesterday but i did not have time to check the game for the last day so not sure if i made it.

It seems like the rewards are already out, so you can check if you got the reward for that goal.

Top Bottom