Mahakam Season is now live!

+

Dominika

CD PROJEKT RED
Mahakam Season is now live!

February 9th marks the beginning of the Mahakam season!

Moving forward, we want to give seasons their own theme and identity, as well as link the rewards with the season’s theme! Get your axes ready and remember — MMR, like Mahakam, wasn’t built in a day!

On topic of rewards — after switching to a month-long ranked play season system, we decided to make adjustments to reward distribution. You will now receive avatar borders and titles for achieving rank 10, 15 and 20. Avatars, on the other hand, will be awarded to players who reach rank 10 and 20, as well as those who manage to get a spot among a ranked play season’s top 10,000. Check out the table below for more info.

Furthermore, now that seasons are a monthly thing, we’ve decided to introduce changes to how much MMR is required to achieve a specific rank. Below you can find the MMR per rank split for the Mahakam season:

We’ll be evaluating the system again for the upcoming Season of the Bear (which will start in March – about 3 weeks from now), so stay tuned for more information!

Last edited:
It doesn't say it, but it also seems you start a season with 1/3 of the points you had last season (not 1/2 of your points, like it was in Season 4).

Anyway, can't complain, because even for the top ranks the difference is ~700 points, which can be farmed very fast at ~1500 mmr.

Esmer;n10441572 said:
It doesn't say it, but it also seems you start a season with 1/3 of the points you had last season (not 1/2 of your points, like it was in Season 4).

Anyway, can't complain, because even for the top ranks the difference is ~700 points, which can be farmed very fast at ~1500 mmr.

Same here.... I finished last season with 3488 points and started with 1162, exactly 1/3.

Is it wrong or the season drop is 1/3 points again?

Burza46

CD PROJEKT RED
Esmer;n10441572 said:

We're testing some things for this season and since we changed the rewards we went with 1/3 of the points, we'll be evaluating this system for the next season.

Great changes! But what exactly does the theme mean? Except from the rewards, what will you do to give them their own 'identity'?

Last edited:
BrynR123;n10444902 said:
Great changes! But what exactly does the theme mean? Except from the rewards, what will you do to give them their own 'identity'?

The theme means the nerfs were tokenistic and that dorfs will continue to dominate the meta

I think this since the old setup was too prohibitive for rewards. Will some of the previous rewards come back around? I really wanted Letho avatar and under this sytem would have earned it easily; I was in the top 2k but breaking into the top 1k requires playing the dwarves meta deck and I wasn't about to do that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know if the top tier rewards are tied to the global ranking or the region specific ranking (Europe, Asia, America etc.)?

Theo_FP;n10452442 said:
Does anyone know if the top tier rewards are tied to the global ranking or the region specific ranking (Europe, Asia, America etc.)?

It's global.

Top Bottom