Main character: Voiced or non-voiced?

+

Do you want a voiced main protagonist ?

• Total voters
They should've had stuck with fantasy games and witchering as that's what they did with their engine previously and that's what they are good at. Since, yeah, they've done nothing else.
All the more reason to branch out. While the engine can be modified to do almost anything (they'll have to add stuff for firearms and possibly vehicles) the art department and the writers I'm sure are enjoying doing something different. With Witcher they were constrained by 13th century tech, with Cyberpunk they can let their imaginations run wild ... as long as they stick to good science fiction (Star Trek) not science fantasy (Star Wars).

Eh, who should we root for then? We can all agree Denise Gough should voice female protagonist, so that's settled. :p
No Nolan North/Troy Baker though...those two seem in half AAA titles out there.

Eh, who should we root for then? We can all agree Denise Gough should voice female protagonist, so that's settled. :p

Karl Urban pls.

Or Michael Ironside!

As for female V/O Jen Taylor or Olivia Olsen (Just because I love both of them so much mega bias).

This is obviously a controversial topic. To be honest, I'm fine with either as long as everything else is perfect. If CDPR has the time and the money to spend extra after polishing the game and implementing everything else that we want, then I'm totally fine with having voiced protagonists. I hope CDPR doesn't prioritize voice acting like many other AAA studios do.

This is obviously a controversial topic. To be honest, I'm fine with either as long as everything else is perfect. If CDPR has the time and the money to spend extra after polishing the game and implementing everything else that we want, then I'm totally fine with having voiced protagonists. I hope CDPR doesn't prioritize voice acting like many other AAA studios do.

Well, screw it, every game with voice acting has subtitles, just let people mute the voice actors if they don't like it. People get their panties in a bunch even if they have a choice that perfectly suits their own sensibilities, it's dark humour at its finest.

They should've had stuck with fantasy games and witchering as that's what they did with their engine previously and that's what they are good at. Since, yeah, they've done nothing else.

Yeah, it probably will be a set protagonist, some form of visually customizable cybergeralt with voiced dialog and cutscenes galore in the end. But they've already said they need to make various changes to their engine for this new approach, and are already working on a different dialog system to boot, so why would this aspect here in particular be in the don't-touch zone.

Ouch! :) You have touched right to the heart of my worst fears with CDProject Red handling Cyberpunk! I'm guessing a degree of joking in your post of course but I wish that CDProjectRed would just do another damn Witcher or faux medieval fantasy game at the same time as Cyperpunk 2077. Then the people who want that will be distracted by the new shiny and the, hopefully, pnp based crpg of Cyberpunk 2077 can be released and find its audience with only moderate complaining that it lacks a 'cybergeralt' or Adam Jensen (unless someone creates them in the CC of course and uses their imagination for the rest).
I also know that a lot of people would happily play both.

While it is not my preference, I think they probably will go with a voiced protagonist. I just hope it doesn't overly restrict the dialogue or the ability, for me, to roleplay many different characters.

Denise Gough does have a nice voice and it's not high pitched or too young sounding.
Jo Wyatt is good too, while DA2 had lots of faults her voice acting for female Hawke wasn't one of them imo. I couldn't resist choosing sarcastic options for female Hawke even when it undermined romances or quest outcomes. It was an addiction!

a silent protagonist is boring, a game that will come out within the next 3 to 10 years, it must have a good voice actor, this won't even be a game anymore
this needs a new category, a cyberadventure that humans can play a part or participate, something like that

Karl Urban pls.

A very angry protagonist.

Or Michael Ironside!

A very old protagonist. :p ( on a sidenote, there are rumors he could be voicing Fisher again in next SC)

Jo Wyatt is good too

She's great, but a bit too...exuberant? Strong english accent, has "noble" tone ( worked great for Hawke and Ciri), I'm not sure it would work well for "rise from the gutters" character, if I'm right where they're going with it.

She's great, but a bit too...exuberant? Strong english accent, has "noble" tone ( worked great for Hawke and Ciri), I'm not sure it would work well for "rise from the gutters" character, if I'm right where they're going with it.

I'd agree with that - the only role I can see her in is as an enthusiastic and committed junior Corporate. The kind that falls INTO the gutter in the prologue.

Which is a bit too limiting.

TBH, I'd also hope that they move away from the current fashion of using British accents for the main characters. It's getting a bit stale that so many America-based TV shows and games use Brits so much.

Last edited:
We're now firmly into off-topic territory. Beware the Sardukkar.

I was just point out my choices for voice actors I wouldn't mind listening to, I don't think that's far from the topic. Dredd just happens to be one such example of Karl Urban's acting career that is in a similar genre. Quite appropriate I'd say.

Although I don't want to anger Sard, after all he.. Is the law!

If its a personalised protag like Geralt yes. If it's a custom character ripped from Bethesda, then leave the voice out completely. Having 0 intelligence in Fallout New Vegas gave your character stupid-specific answers, saying "ICECREAAMM" and the like, a very damn nice touch.

Anything reminiscent of Fallout 4 and I'm just going to be rolling my eyes the whole time.

BRING BACK MY CYBER BABY

Little chance of non-voiced.

Real question is: will they do separate preludes for each class( like in Dragon Age Origins...best part of it, really) or one, better realized with set player background playing a bigger role throughout the game. So a question of more replayability vs. better characterization.

Top Bottom