Main characters: How old are they?

+
Main characters: How old are they?

First of all I haven't read the books yet, though I plan to soon.
While reading the characters entry I noticed that many of them are older than they look. For example Dandelion is almost 50! How come?

Geralt is like 97 years old in The Witcher 3, Yennefer around 105, Ciri 21, Triss around 40 - Atleast from what I know.

Vesemir mentions that he's nearly a century-year-old...
Yep, in the game. Still, his age in the book was counted with Nenneke's words (she's known him since his childhood) and her own description. As his age wasn't directly mentioned in the book, devs probably didn't focus on some indirect mentions.

Yep, in the game. Still, his age in the book was counted with Nenneke's words (she's known him since his childhood) and her own description. As his age wasn't directly mentioned in the book, devs probably didn't focus on some indirect mentions.

Yup but I found this on reddit:

"He's been trained in Kaer Morhen before it's been attacked, and we know from the books it was attacked about 50 years before Triss was born. I think it's safe to say she's around 30 years old, so Geralt had to finish his training no later than 80 years before events in the books. So it's a safe bet to say he's around 100 at the beginning of Witcher 1"

It's never mentioned if he was trained before or after.

Wasn't it? Whatever, it's been a while since I read those books...but one thing is for sure, A.Sapkowski was never really consistent in such things ;) So while Geralt's age in the books might be questionable, in the games he's around 100.

Nenneke remembers him since a very young age (Voice of Reason 2):

‘I know what I mean. There’s something not quite right with you. I can sense that. After all, I have known you ever since you were a youngster. When I met you, you came up to my waist.

So, unlikely that Geralt was much older than ~60 years back then, I think, probably even younger. And it was more than 10 years before games.

Last edited:
If i understand the books and the game correct, then Geralt is around 100, Yennefer a bit older then him, Ciri 21 in games, Dandelion above 40

Ciri was born in Belleteyn (May) in 1253 so she is 19 years old, not 21. I know that the game says that she was born in 1251, but this is not true.

1252, isn't it?
She is almost 13 in BoE which takes place in early 1265 => born 1252.

The source from which I use shows that it was in 1253 (and this source is rather flawless). I don't remember exactly at what point Ciri said that she has nearly 13 years, but she was in Kaer Morhen from autumn 1264 to early spring 1266, so 1253 also fits in here.

The source from which I use shows that it was in 1253 (and this source is rather flawless). I don't remember exactly at what point Ciri said that she has nearly 13 years, but she was in Kaer Morhen from autumn 1264 to early spring 1266, so 1253 also fits in here.
She says it to Geralt on their way to Nenneke from Kaer Morhen. And it's early 1265, not 1266. Yennefer taught her for almost 2 years and she brings her to Thanedd in 1267. This whole chronology converges to Cintra peace treaty taking place in 1268.

She says it to Geralt on their way to Nenneke from Kaer Morhen. And it's early 1265, not 1266. Yennefer taught her for almost 2 years and she brings her to Thanedd in 1267. This whole chronology converges to Cintra peace treaty taking place in 1268.

According to what you are saying, is that Ciri at Kaer Morhen has spent less than half a year, which is not true, because she spent over a year there. In Ellander she spent one year, so Yennefer taught her by less than a year, not two years.

According to what you are saying, is that Ciri at Kaer Morhen has spent less than half a year, which is not true, because she spent over a year there. In Ellander she spent one year, so Yennefer taught her by less than a year, not two years.
Geralt brought here there in 1263.

Top Bottom