Main game will benefits from graphical system improves?

+
Main game will benefits from graphical system improves?

Some of the common assets like shadows were improved for the last DLC as it seems other improves like in the lighing system were made.

So, this will be passthrouth to the main game, right? Because it's shared content right???

Not sure I'm understanding what you're asking. Any engine "changes" should be standard in 1.12, not dependent on your DLC. And any engine changes will affect the entire game.

Actually Blood & Wine will use 90% new environmental assets for improved textures, lighting and performance not featured in the base game:

Len de Gracia said:
Generally it is a graphics upgrade from the base game. We have employed methods that we did not implement in the base game. You can literally bring your camera up to a wall now and the textures would be crisp - at least in most cases. Before, each and every prop had its own texture; this might require another draw-call or so. It impacts performance, but this time around, we know we're going to group these things together so you have them representing the same texture now, so we're loading less but maximising the quality at the same time.

Environmental assets are hard and takes time to convert over to the base game so I don't think we'll see this new format in Geralt's main adventure unfortunately. However other assets may bump itself over if they've reworked them, but I don't have this information so I don't really know.

Actually Blood & Wine will use 90% new environmental assets for improved textures, lighting and performance not featured in the base game:

Originally Posted by Len de Gracia
Generally it is a graphics upgrade from the base game. We have employed methods that we did not implement in the base game. You can literally bring your camera up to a wall now and the textures would be crisp - at least in most cases. Before, each and every prop had its own texture; this might require another draw-call or so. It impacts performance, but this time around, we know we're going to group these things together so you have them representing the same texture now, so we're loading less but maximising the quality at the same time.
Environmental assets are hard and takes time to convert over to the base game so I don't think we'll see this new format in Geralt's main adventure unfortunately. However other assets may bump itself over if they've reworked them, but I don't have this information so I don't really know.

well thanks! let's wait and see what they'll do then. If they don't port those changes now they may do it in the future for the enhanced edition (I know that's not certain for now but we can tell that version should come almost as tradition)

If you are asking for the improved look of the expansion:

Toussaint is an entirely separate map. As de Gracia puts it, "it's like a fresh development. Blood and Wine we literally started from scratch."

De Cracia added: The graphical optimizations will only apply to Blood and Wine, however and not the base game.

With Blood and Wine being its own separate thing, it would be quite difficult (and time consuming) to go back and re-optimize everything in the whole game.

The question is: Who would pay for that?

If CDPR has the intention to make an optimization patch in the feature or even better, making a GOTY game with optimized elements, then...i would gladly pay for that!

But that's unlikely to be happen, but not impossible. Maybe CDPR will reconsider the possibility of an engine overhaul,
if a new faster console comes out, in the near future...:like:

Last edited:
If you are asking for the improved look of the expansion:

Toussaint is an entirely separate map. As de Gracia puts it, "it's like a fresh development. Blood and Wine we literally started from scratch."

De Cracia added: The graphical optimizations will only apply to Blood and Wine, however and not the base game.

With Blood and Wine being its own separate thing, it would be quite difficult (and time consuming) to go back and re-optimize everything in the whole game.

The question is: Who would pay for that?

If CDPR has the intention to make an optimization patch in the feature or even better, making a GOTY game with optimized elements, then...i would gladly pay for that!

But that's unlikely to be happen, but not impossible. Maybe CDPR will reconsider the possibility of an engine overhaul,
if a new faster console comes out, in the near future...:like:

Or, this could happen. From the sound of it, though, B&W is basically going to be it's own game!

Top Bottom