Main story and romance characters questlines

+
After 1.5 patch I've been playing Cyberpunk a lot. I feel like this patch really improved the game. However one thing that bothered me from the start is the main story and romance characters' questlines. I feel like the story (both main and r. ch. questlines) is too short. You can finish it in no time and I thought it should be more than that. There should be some kind of sequel to the main story or perhaps even prequel. Definitely more and more quests with romance characters and they should be involved more in V's journey. So I was wondering if I'm the only one who thinks the same about this and if there are any upcoming patches that will improve the story.

Hopefully, the expanssion/s will allow this. With the current main story, it kinda makes sense that the romances are the beginnings of one. At least Judy's one...haven't played Panam, River or Kerry's.

Guest 4412420

I certainly wouldn't say no to more quests with them, but in my opinion it would be enough if they had more dialogue options. Have them something new to say as you advance or complete their stories. If I remember it right you can still ask about Kang Tao after you finished Panam's storyline. Kerry still talks about having something planned for his manager after you blow up the yacht. Most of these dialogue options are static. Obviously, there's only so much CDPR can add but at least a couple more dialogue options or have them change to reflect story progression would be really nice.

And of course more romance specific dialogue to help flesh out their romances more. Kerry and River in particular need it the most. I don't think they even have a half of what Panam has. If it weren't for an option to sleep and wake up next to them that they added with 1.5 patch, visiting Kerry feels more like visiting a friend. Literally no dialogue that acknowledges romance. :(

That said, it would be great if the expansion(s) added a small quest for them. Let us take them on that rollercoaster in Pacifica.

Last edited by a moderator:
I certainly wouldn't say no to more quests with them, but in my opinion it would be enough if they had more dialogue options. Have them something new to say as you advance or complete their stories. If I remember it right you can still ask about Kang Tao after you finished Panam's storyline. Kerry still talks about having something planned for his manager after you blow up the yacht. Most of these dialogue options are static. Obviously, there's only so much CDPR can add but at least a couple more dialogue options or have them change to reflect story progression would be really nice.

And of course more romance specific dialogue to help flesh out their romances more. Kerry and River in particular need it the most. I don't think they even have a half of what Panam has. If it weren't for an option to sleep and wake up next to them that they added with 1.5 patch, visiting Kerry feels more like visiting a friend. Literally no dialogue that acknowledges romance. :(

That said, it would be great if the expansion(s) added a small quest for them. Let us take them on that rollercoaster in Pacifica.
Yeah, you are right ... Maybe something that would make them more alive and connected with V's life. I'd be satisfied with that for now until they make some bigger expansion (like whole DLC or something).
Post automatically merged:

Hopefully, the expanssion/s will allow this. With the current main story, it kinda makes sense that the romances are the beginnings of one. At least Judy's one...haven't played Panam, River or Kerry's.
That's a good point ... Ironically most of the romance characters' questlines end with beginning of their relationship. :shrug:

They made the main story shorter on purposes, didn't they? I think they said based on metrics The Witcher 3 main story was too long because not enough people ended up completing it. I always thought that was weird because The Witcher 3 was so beloved... and even people who didn't fully finish it still seemed to really enjoy it.

The main story (and some of the major side content) being so short is one of my main complaints as well. The main story in particular seems like it could be 2-3 times longer... because several parts of it felt rushed. Wish they would have went that route, hope the expansion(s) add a ton to it. But I always think we will kind of miss out on a lot of stuff that could have been in the main storyline. I wish they would have gone with the big 50-75 hour main story rather than shrinking it down as much as they did.

They made the main story shorter on purposes, didn't they? I think they said based on metrics The Witcher 3 main story was too long because not enough people ended up completing it. I always thought that was weird because The Witcher 3 was so beloved... and even people who didn't fully finish it still seemed to really enjoy it.

The main story (and some of the major side content) being so short is one of my main complaints as well. The main story in particular seems like it could be 2-3 times longer... because several parts of it felt rushed. Wish they would have went that route, hope the expansion(s) add a ton to it. But I always think we will kind of miss out on a lot of stuff that could have been in the main storyline. I wish they would have gone with the big 50-75 hour main story rather than shrinking it down as much as they did.
Yup... that is exactly what I think... because if you don't do any side quests you will finish this game in no time .... and I feel like if they made a longer story players wouldn't lose interest early. Sadly it's as you said "rushed". And players will lose interest quicker this way because if side quests are the remaining content that's just not it. Also I think that side quests have lack of uniqueness. And I don't know if it was made shorter on purpose but I'd rather have extremly long story like in The Witcher.

Top Bottom