Main story premise discussion

+
Humans have been chasing the fountain of youth since Ponce de Leon. I don't think that'll stop at Cybernetics.

I'd like for the "eternal life" mod to be a tie-in to introducing the Soulkiller 3.0 from the pen & paper version of the game into the video game.

What we assumed was "immortality" was actually Arasaka making digital backups of people's conscious minds and then destroying the bodies. Nobody ever said that living forever had to be a good thing.

All this time we're trying to find this mod and we've been chumped into working for Arasaka the entire time and helping them finish the Soulkiller.

Last edited:
I'd like for the "eternal life" mod to be a tie-in to introducing the Soulkiller 3.0 from the pen & paper version of the game into the video game.

What we assumed was "immortality" was actually Arasaka making digital backups of people's conscious minds and then destroying the bodies. Nobody ever said that living forever had to be a good thing.

All this time we're trying to find this mod and we've been chumped into working for Arasaka the entire time and helping them finish the Soulkiller.
I'm thinking it's VERY likely that SOULKILLER is going to be a huge part of the game's story. If I had to guess Johnny's entire motivation is probably going to be finding V. Given the mention of the Firewall, she's probably somewhere in the old NET. I'd bet that Arasaka will probably be looking for her too. I wouldn't be surprised if the player will have to choose between working with Johnny or Arasaka to track her down.

I think the story will start with V accidentally coming across the immortality chip and inadvertently installing it. Then the majority of the story will revolve around V's personal development, at some point various groups learning about the chip and trying to steal it, then the ending revolves around whether you choose to help Johnny through a selfless path or taking a more selfish road. I think the story will mostly have themes of relationships and how your decisions impact the ones around you rather than how your decisions affect the world.

I'm thinking it's VERY likely that SOULKILLER is going to be a huge part of the game's story. If I had to guess Johnny's entire motivation is probably going to be finding V. Given the mention of the Firewall, she's probably somewhere in the old NET. I'd bet that Arasaka will probably be looking for her too. I wouldn't be surprised if the player will have to choose between working with Johnny or Arasaka to track her down.

I wouldn't be surprised if Arasaka were the good guys in 2077 :) A lot have changed since 2024. Still, I can't stop thinking that CDPR is making their own thing out of the timeline and they don't deny Mike's claims on continuity (which kind of does not exist even between 2020 and RED) out of a friendly courtesy. But I too would bet on Soulkiller and Alt being the thing.

Well I do not mind epic stories about saving world, but this could lead to two problems if its not endgame. One, if information that you got this chip would leak every solo in the world would be after you. Second, epic stories make doing side-quests jarring - you got this super important thing going on yet you are wasting time with random side problems because?

"I need to find my son! Wait, sure I can take 3 months off to return your kidnapped friends, chase down Supermutants and build up your settlements."

Yeah, this sort of thing would make me crazy!

Is there not a way to prevent Dex from shooting V based on our actions as E3 2019 cgi alluded or due to recent showcase, Dex will shoot at V regardless if you cause a scene or not due to PLOT reasons.

Thus will Jackie die regardless of our actions? is there not a way a to prevent his death?

Similarly Placide betrays us if we trust him thanks to 2019 Demo spoiling us lol (one of the reasons why cdpr did not want us to see gameplay was because of spoiler reasons).

What @Darkaiser1313 and @TheMaster100 mentioned right above are exactly what the last super over-hyped RPG suffered from: Fallout 4.

Cyberpunk 2077
is cutting features, so it is technically already over-hyped. Then again, CDPR has shown to successfully evade all the traps that other AAA companies fell into so far. And the game has been delayed twice instead of rushed out like FO4, so there's still hope.

Is there not a way to prevent Dex from shooting V based on our actions as E3 2019 cgi alluded or due to recent showcase, Dex will shoot at V regardless if you cause a scene or not due to PLOT reasons.

Thus will Jackie die regardless of our actions? is there not a way a to prevent his death?

Similarly Placide betrays us if we trust him thanks to 2019 Demo spoiling us lol (one of the reasons why cdpr did not want us to see gameplay was because of spoiler reasons).

I personally refrain from speculation because we simply cannot know.

Anything is possible: From a hard-set betrayal move of Dex no matter what you do to a diverse set of nuances in how Dex responds, including without betrayal but some other cut.

I won't try to get sleepless nights over it and will happily see what will be possible in a few months.

This is just me having fun but shouldn't be take it as literal.

I think they should add Mark Zuckerberg and he's this intelligent AI that has contacts and connections with the other AI's beyond the Blackwall. He has this AI group which consists of billionaires, millionaires, netrunners and other successful people throughout history. Then, here come the billionaire, Elon Musk, with his conspiracy-ridden rantings about the AIs goal of destroying the world. He hire you and forms an equally measurable force against this threat. And V decides if he wants to side the robotic Mark or the hip Elon. Meanwhile, Jeff Bozos looks on with delight at the two chickens squabbling against each other.

(The whole reason of this plot is Elon is against AI and Mark favors AI.)

Last edited:

The Maelstrom quest has seven possible endings. I would say it's not a stretch to believe all the story quests have many possible outcomes/endings.

Top Bottom