Main Story - Time - Hard Core

+

Axvil

Forum regular
I always felt that open world games with a pressing main story just tend to.. not feel.. right..
In Fallout 4, my baby gets taken and I'm off to planting tomatoes for years, building shanty towns so Preston gets off my back for 5m etc..
Just feels.. immersion breaking.
I think this game would benefit from an OPTIONAL time constraint. Time passes when traveling, doing stuff, sleep etc..
(Just gonna spitball some timeframes)
Day 1 - Rescue
Day 2 - Meet Dexter
Day 3-13 Free Time, Must get spider bot and meet Evelyn
Day 14 - The Heist, you're not there that day, you miss what happens (game enters an open-roam, endless mode without main story, Johnny etc?)
Day 15-28 Not feeling too good
Day 30 - Meet with Goro, Rogue
Day 30 - 36 Free Time, must prep for Main Quest
Day 37 - The Funeral or WDBs or Lightning Breaks
Day 38 - 45 Free Time, mission prep
Day 46 - Next Main Mission
etc, etc
Gigs, Side Missions, assaults in progress would organically show up on free days, stick around a bit and then time out, making it possible to entirely miss them during a single playthrough due to time constraints.
I understand that this would not be for everyone
I understand that I could totally just hold myself to a strict schedule like that
I still think that a game mode like this would be fun, and create replayability. By design, you are pushed hard and fast, no time to do everything, short on creds and cyberware.

I agree it would be interesting for them to add in this as an optional feature for your playthrough. I've always thought the game had a disconnect between story and gameplay with regards to V's chip problem. Your told by Viktor you don't have long before the chip overwrites your mind but theoretically you have infinite in game time to sort things out.
I would love to see a Hardcore mode added at some point. Where V has to eat and Sleep regularly, also maybe you have a cyberpsyhchosis meter where too much alteration to your body can cause debuffs unless you take specific medication. I'm sure I've seen other people mention features like this before so would be great to see it added some day.

Great that you CAPSLOCKED THE WORD optional. Because as an optional mode this would be incredible for me. Would imediatelly try out this new mode and glad I'd be able to return to normal mode after/anytime

Top Bottom