Main Story Too Short

+
I read that p;eople complained about the witcher 3's questline being too long, so they decided to shorten the CP2077 storyline.

Im more than fine with the length of the base game.

A typical playthrough can take me anywhere betwedn 35 - 50 hours depending how much i enjoy the character and thats not even doing half the map.

If they release say 2 expansions like W3 a single playthrough can an will easily jump to anything between 70 - 100 hours which is more than enough for me and undoubtedly thats not even seeing half the content on offer.

Time spent, for myself, doesn't come in the form of how long i spend on a individual character, it's about the replay value and different approaches each character takes which CP 2077 provided a no bad amount of

Yeah its way too short and the pace is all over the place. I felt like V hated Johnny Silverhand one moment, then they were friends all of a sudden, then get weird snappy remarks to one another, then best mates at the end.

I cant find many people complaining about the Witcher 3 being too long, but I think I remember one of the devs saying they looked at the data, and X amount of people actually finished the main story of TW3. Looking at the Steam data, only 36.32% of people have The World achievement that you get for completing the main story.

Is that percentage higher than TW3, no not as of now at least. 42.94% got the Passed the Trial - Finish the game on any difficulty.

Perhaps cutting content/slicing the story down didnt actually help?

Fair enough TW3 has been out longer, so only time will tell I guess.

Just because it takes a long time to finish, doesn't make it good. I'd rather a short, cohesive story than an AC:V 100 hour grind fest.

Yeah its way too short and the pace is all over the place. I felt like V hated Johnny Silverhand one moment, then they were friends all of a sudden, then get weird snappy remarks to one another, then best mates at the end.

I cant find many people complaining about the Witcher 3 being too long, but I think I remember one of the devs saying they looked at the data, and X amount of people actually finished the main story of TW3. Looking at the Steam data, only 36.32% of people have The World achievement that you get for completing the main story.

Is that percentage higher than TW3, no not as of now at least. 42.94% got the Passed the Trial - Finish the game on any difficulty.

Perhaps cutting content/slicing the story down didnt actually help?

Fair enough TW3 has been out longer, so only time will tell I guess.
As of the now just over 24% have the achievement for completing the main story of CP on Xbox compared to just over 14% for W3

I feel like there are huge portions of the main story that got cut out so the game could finally be released. A game of this magnitude needs an epic main story. Remember what was promised vs finally delivered. Hopefully a really good expansion comes our way.

it's cool, he's written as a love him or hate him character no middle allowed :D
and they pulled that off perfectly looking at how polarized people are.
exactly and just because i hate him doesn't mean i hated the game. Keanu is awesome as an actor and in life.

it's cool, he's written as a love him or hate him character no middle allowed :D
and they pulled that off perfectly looking at how polarized people are.
Not really in this case. He isn't Loki in the Marvel movies. He's more Micheal or Apophis from the Stargate shows. Characters that started out good. But by season 3 you wanted them gone. If I had the option. I'd disable Johnny in the game. Having a foil or companion be annoying to that extent means you went too far. Fi from Zelda is comparable.

And yes. The main problem with him is the poor I want you dead to I want to be your friend. No progression between the two. It felt more like the writers didn't want us to hate him because he's Reeves. So they wanted to get rid of V's I want to kill you side. Which was wrong. There's no option for V to be a total POS towards him. Which isn't fair. He can, the world can. But V isn't allowed. After he took control of V's body for the first time. I wanted to beat the crap out of him. Walk right back into the EMP building, and take blocker pills for him to suffer.

This is where making the game longer would have freaking helped.

Yes, indeed. The main quest is way too short. I almost couldn't believe that that's all when point of no return appeared. Moreover, Act 1 only feels developed and presented good enough. Other are just "packed" with rushed events pointing to the end very roughly.

I agree with the being able to save Jackie.

Personally, I don't. One of this game's main themes is death and how we come to terms with it, and Jackie's is the one that kicks the whole thing off.

If you think about it, every major character has lost (or ends up losing) someone important to them. Johnny Silverhand lost Alt Cunningham, River lost his parents (and has structured his entire life around the tragedy), Kerry lost Johnny Silverhand (and is still reckoning his relationship with him 50 years later), Panam loses Scorpion, and Judy loses Evelyn. Why should V be the exception?

In fact, Jackie's entire character is based around the tropes Too Good For This Sinful Earth and Death By Newbery Medal, so him surviving more or less goes against his characterization and his intended role in the story.

Yes, indeed. The main quest is way too short. I almost couldn't believe that that's all when point of no return appeared.

As much as I loved this game and think it has a Hell of a lot of potential in the future with mods because of its amazing IP and game world building (and style), I did feel cheated on the contend of the main story. As you said when point of no return suddenly popped up (like a annoying 2000s browser Ad) I was dismayed!

Last edited:
Its definitely too short. Yes I`ve done all sidequests etc. but its hard really to compare one time breaking into a garage to steal some stuff with well developed main story quests which are on a waaay different level. As long as I enjoyed both, I think that its not balanced well and V spent 300% more time doing not relevant side jobs while should be focused at some point mainly on main story survival.

Lets hope DLC`s will expand it a significant way.

Yes main story is too short but it also depends on you. if you focus on all there is to accomplish before the game ends, that's acceptable.
it will be the DLCs, when they come out, which could develop the game, hoping for nice surprises and not nightmares.

that sidequest with relic and johnny was great
now please return us into act 1 to save jackie with all cut content to continue main story
if i recalled we were told that our choices matter right? that trailer we saw at E3 2019 i think (the CGI one with Dex betraying you) they said in interviews that was one possible outcome (eg. where you went all gung ho/guns blazing and jackie dies as a consequence) but i guess that never happened in the end right? oh and now that i think about it it's just as bad as ACM's development or worse?

This game needs to be double length in the main quest line. Whoever came up with the re release idea “samurai edition” or whatever, has the right idea. Whatever was cut- put it back. Give us Witcher 3 completionists the game we deserve and the game you owe yourself for working on for so long. Then let the casuals play what’s out. Why the heck do your real fans and followers get punished cause the casuals complain? Cmon CDPR… give us the goods. You made my favorite game of all time with Cyberpunk and ended it all too quickly on me. Seriously made me super sad and disappointed you made this large of a city, for this short of a story.

Top Bottom