[Major BUG] Confusing Ending: pre-Path to Glory (Rogue & Johnny)

+
Hello CDPR,
I'd like to report a major bug I experienced during the Rogue & Johnny ending path. Of all the bugs I've encountered in 159 hours of game, this is the most frustrating one it was truly immersion-breaking. Up to this point, all the bugs had been visual or mechanic related nothing too bad but did not affect the story in any way. The bug in question appears when Johnny gives back the body to V. V's reaction is totally inappropriate considering all the choices I've made. First when choosing to let him live V calls Johnny a liar then when Johhny walks over the bridge, suddenly V start punching and insulting Johnny despite the latter trying to sacrifice himself. Even the subtitles say "Johnny:" instead of "V:" when he's talking, it's a total freaking mess.. you need to take a look and arrange this section of the game, it is really confusing.

I tried the two possible outcomes within this branch (Path to Glory + New Dawn Fades) in order to understand what is the problem during this scene and arrived to the conclusion that the programmed sequence and dialogues are reversed... or something like that. Because V's last line before Silverhand reaches the bridge's end is "hey, ******* promise me you won't forget me". But if Johnny takes the path of the well and takes over V's body, when he's at the Columbarium, he says something along the lines of "I'll never forget you V". These two lines were meant for the same ending; I'm pretty sure of it.

Last edited:
Good not to be the only one to find it confusing :)

To me it sounded as if V thought Johnny was going to steal the body. The problem is that a) V says they actually want Johnny to have the body earlier; b) Johnny is walking towards cyberspace at that moment; c) you can't really choose cyberspace and then enter the well even if it's [optional] (correct me if I'm wrong).

In other playthroughs on YouTube though, I saw V act consistently. "a)" was different -- V said they wanted to keep the body.

I also noticed that when you're in Mikoshi playing V (Nomads' ending; secret ending and Arasaka's ending (technically not Mikoshi, but still) the subtitles distinguish between V and Johnny's names, which made me think having just "Johnny" in subtitles in Rogue's path is a bug.

If anyone can figure out how to affect that bridge scene, please let us know - I'm currently trying to figure out a way to make it so that V doesn't go ape-s**** .... I have seen a version on YouTube where V is grateful - instead of violent - I just don't know what conditions are required to make it happen :shrug:

dar981

Forum regular
Yeah i felt that too, ruined the immersion a bit. Did not help I had to do that in my underwear. It bugged out and I couldnt do anything about it. Cyberspace will never feel the same again.

Yeah i felt that too, ruined the immersion a bit. Did not help I had to do that in my underwear.

Hahaha
Post automatically merged:

In case anyone wants to see the ending where V is chill:

The only downside is that it makes V look a bit... cowardly?

Last edited:
Okay, so I just got to the ending with 70% affinity with Johnny AND I told Johnny back at the Pistis Sophia that it was my body (i.e. I wouldn't do the same for him). And the bridge dialogue is totally different to the violent V version AND different to the video posted above... I'm paraphrasing but basically V talks about how nothing has changed their mind since Pistis Sophia and that they still want their body. It's pretty blunt. There's no, "don't forget me", "don't make this any harder", or anything like that.

So that confirms that Pistis Sophia has an impact, but I still don't know how to get the version in the above video. I suspect you need 70% and that you gotta tell Johnny you'd do the same for him at the hotel...

So there you go, there are at least 2 non-violent versions of the bridge scene if you go the Rogue path...

Top Bottom