Major fps drops when manually panning camera

+
Major fps drops when manually panning camera

Hello all, as the title suggests, i'm having major fps drops while manually panning the camera, slowly or quickly. I haven't booted up the game in a few months and last time as far as i know this issue wasn't there. running fine at 60 fps running around and letting the camera auto pan/rotate during combat etc

Running and AMD set up R9 290 and FX 6300, 16Gb RAM, witcher 3 installed on OCZ Arc 100 SSD and using Windows 10 latest drivers for everything.
on low settings i get over 100 fps but immediately drops to <20 fps as soon as i start manually panning the camera, tried all the tweaks and fixes i can find online and on this forum, the only thing i haven't tried is rolling back the AMD drivers to the version that was released along with the Witcher 3, i'm hesitant to do this because of another game i'm playing atm won't work with older AMD drivers, been pulling my hair out all afternoon trying to sort this out, tweaking the user.ini file to no avail, i even get frame drops while navigating the main menu, if anyone has any advice i'd appreciate it, before i go buy the game for console LOL!

By anything I assume you tried veryfing the installation cache aswell? Not sure if this has something to do with it, but you don't have any peripherals plugged in do you? Like a gamepad or a joystick? You could try to roll back the driver as you mentioned for a brief moment and just see if this changes anything, maybe try to perform a clean install of the latest AMD driver.

Yes i tried to verify the cache no missing/corrupt files, i done a fresh install anyway just be be sure, i also deleted the user settings files from "my documents" to create a new default file. I do have a Razer orbweaver plugged in that i don't use, i'm hesitant to roll back the drivers as mentioned before the other game i'm playing only works well with a select few versions of AMD drivers, the aim is to jump between these two games so having to install different drivers each time wouldn't be great, i'll try unplugging the orbweaver and see if that helps

Today I noticed this problem. Since I have 3 mouse at home, so I tested all. 2 is a cable and one wireless. One with cable, a branded mouse for 30 euros (Roccat model: Roccat Kova) is the second of AliExpress bought for a few dollars and third wireless is also on AliExpress for a few dollars. After testing all three, I found that the game has a problem with the mouse having the cable. Wireless mouse had absolutely no problem. The game had a permanent and stable 60 FPS with a wireless mouse. Perhaps it is irrelevant and can not but hope that I have helped in some way :)

Just pushing my solution above -- disable overlay features through Steam / GOG.

This issue has been reported several times before, and the overlay features seem to be the cause.

Top Bottom