Major Lag Bug - Patch 1.31

+
As of the recent patches, I have gone from being able to play this game on 1440p - High(Custom) graphics settings with no stuttering or lag, to the game basically being bricked. When I launch the game, about every... 30 seconds to 1 minute, the game's audio will cut out and go silent, and within 2 or 3 seconds then the entire game freezes for a good 10-15 seconds or more, before lurching forward in whatever conversation or action I was performing before. This happens incessantly and doesn't get better the longer the game's running. All my drivers and windows updates are current and up to date, and I play countless other high-end games with no issues (Witcher 3, Red Dead Redemption 2, etc.) with graphics settings pumped up. So it is Cyberpunk that's the problem. I've tried setting graphics to the lowest settings and reducing resolution to 1080p, turning off V-sync and setting framerate limits of about 65, disabled any of the higher end options like chromatic aberration, and so on, but nothing helps. Is there any way I can revert the game to an earlier patch? Because whatever CDProjekt RED has "fixed" has bricked the game to be basically unplayable for me.

Honestly, I don't think 1.3+ is worse than 1.2 :(
Have you ever use mods ? Even with deleting them, without entirely reinstalling the game, problems/bugs can remains in the game files/saves.
Maybe,
Try a "clean reinstall" your drivers and above all not let windows auto-install an (old) "new driver".
At worse, try to reinstall the game entirely (no remaining files) and start with a new save.

I have never used mods with this game and all of these issues have both happened from my old save game and with starting a new game, instantly within the opening menu of character creation, the sound cuts out, then the game freezes after a few seconds for about 10-15 seconds.

"Is there any way I can revert the game to an earlier patch?"

For Steam:
  1. Right-Click your game of choice in your Steam Library. ...
  2. Click on the drop down menu at the top, which should say "NONE - Opt out of all beta programs".
  3. If this menu now offers earlier versions, then your game offers the rollback function you seek, otherwise there is nothing you can do.
For Gog:
  1. In GOG Galaxy, select Cyberpunk 2077, and hit settings.
  2. Manage Installation.
  3. Configure.
  4. Uncheck “Automatically update”
  5. Now you can select the version you prefer from the list - This may require a full reinstallation.

I have followed these steps but the oldest patch that is accessible from the list is 1.22. I tried using this patch and its still causing the same issue. I've even used the DDU fix for both my NVidia Drivers and my Realtek HD Audio but it hasn't fixed the issue. Is there a way to access the older patch versions before 1.22?

Weird, but I'm not sure it would change anything :(
Is there something who have change between it run well and now ?
(like I don't know, updating Windows to Win11)

I have followed these steps but the oldest patch that is accessible from the list is 1.22. I tried using this patch and its still causing the same issue. I've even used the DDU fix for both my NVidia Drivers and my Realtek HD Audio but it hasn't fixed the issue. Is there a way to access the older patch versions before 1.22?
Do you remember which patch was the last time it ran well for you? I've not had any issues with any of them (Win 10 PC now updated to Win 11, RTX 2060/Ryzen 3600, latest Nvidia Driver and currently DLSS 2.3.2). I had to turn down overclocking of the graphics after one of the patches though, otherwise was getting frequent crashes to desktop. EDIT it was Patch 1.23 which introduced the overclocking issue for me.

There is a free program called latencymon by Resplendence Software which will monitor your computer for any latency spikes which would give you problems.
I have used it a few times and it is very easy to use. Just click analyze and load cyberpunk up play for a few mins if you can then check back with latency mon to see what was causing the lag spike issue.

Copied from there website
LatencyMon checks if a system running Windows is suitable for processing real-time audio and other tasks. LatencyMon analyzes the possible causes of buffer underruns by measuring kernel timer latencies and reporting DPC and ISR execution times as well as hard pagefaults. It will provide a comprehensible report and find the kernel modules and processes responsible for causing audio latencies which result in drop outs. It also provides the functionality of an ISR monitor, DPC monitor and a hard pagefault monitor.

LatencyMon will display the highest latencies of a kernel timer and report the highest execution times of ISR and DPC routines as well as hard pagefaults. In most cases it will also find the drivers and processes responsible for executing them. It will create a comprehensible report which also displays all sampled data in a detailed manner allowing you to perform in-depth analysis.

Screenshot 2021-10-31 122713.png

1. Have you tried verifying the game files in steam or gog in case the files have been corrupted during patching?

2. There's a very remote possibility of hard drive failure (though I'd be surprised as you'd expect that to cause crashes rather than lagging) affecting the sectors on which you have CP instead. Might be worth just discounting that possibility by a quick check of the health of the disk.

3. I wouldn't entirely discount a heat / overclock issue as CP can run systems pretty hard.

The last time I played Cyberpunk was back in January of this year, I can't remember if we were patched into the teens at that point yet (I feel like I was on patch 1.14 before I stopped playing maybe?) And I was running 54 fps with my evga 1080ti and ryzen 5 1600x and that was on medium-high graphics settings. I'm not overclocking ANYTHING because I've learned my lessons the hard way from doing that in the past. I'm currently running my OS and cyberpunk on an NVME M.2 drive that's brand new with no health issues. I have "Repaired" the game files and done fresh installs twice but it hasn't made an impact. I even increased my paging file size to like 40Gb just to see if it's a VRAM staging issue but I'm grasping at straws at this point.

The last time I played Cyberpunk was back in January of this year, I can't remember if we were patched into the teens at that point yet (I feel like I was on patch 1.14 before I stopped playing maybe?) And I was running 54 fps with my evga 1080ti and ryzen 5 1600x and that was on medium-high graphics settings. I'm not overclocking ANYTHING because I've learned my lessons the hard way from doing that in the past. I'm currently running my OS and cyberpunk on an NVME M.2 drive that's brand new with no health issues. I have "Repaired" the game files and done fresh installs twice but it hasn't made an impact. I even increased my paging file size to like 40Gb just to see if it's a VRAM staging issue but I'm grasping at straws at this point.
So Patch 1.1 was released on Jan 22, before that was Hotfix 1.06. I'd honestly be surprised if going back to an older patch would 'fix' anything because we've been through several more patches since then without people reporting similar issues.

Top Bottom