[major spoilers] saddest death and other moments

+
[major spoilers] saddest death and other moments

Whose death is most saddest for you?
For me it seems like Skjall.
I don't like Crach and Vesemirs's death but Skjall seems worst
Maybe Lena [On Deaths Bed] or Annabelle's [A Towerful of Mice] also.
Other sad non-deaths might be Nidas's [The Black Pearl], wife.
Alzheimers is so terrible.
Oddly enough the Olaf the bear in the fighting quests too
That is sad even though it is only an animal.

Vesemir's death and funeral, definitely. At least one of them always, every single time, makes me cry. :(
He is such an important and sympathetic character.

The feast-turned-massacre during "King's Gambit" is another sad event, due to the sheer number of victims (of whom several are properly introduced earlier in the quest).

Another sad death, one that is only mentioned, is Kalkstein's. I really liked him in Witcher 1, and it would've been great to see him again.
And speaking of witch hunters' victims, the introductory scene in Novigrad's Hierarch Square is also really sad (among other things).

I cried when I witnessed the death of these characters:

1. Graham - the lover of Anabelle, the girl whose wraith was haunting the tower on Fyke Isle. Seeing his bravery and tenderness towards the monster, understanding how much he loved her and then witnessing his death moved me to tears.

2. Anna - the Bloody Baron's wife. I felt sorry for her, too, but seeing her poor daughter's face light up with hope when the curse was lifted and then learning she would die anyway was the saddest part. Anna reminding her of their happy memories and then saying "remember me like that" made my tears fall.

3. Geralt - I didn't get this ending but was curious and watched it on YouTube. Seeing him basically commit suicide by not bothering to move when all those monsters storm the hut was heart wrenching. :(

I think seeing Keira's death would make me react the same way, but I refuse to watch it.

sv3672

Forum veteran
hangyaboly;n9651301 said:
3. Geralt - I didn't get this ending but was curious and watched it on YouTube. Seeing him basically commit suicide by not bothering to move when all those monsters storm the hut was heart wrenching. :(

It was sad until Blood and Wine was released, but from the expansion it looks like he survives that ending after all. Although making Geralt return after his apparent death is also how the games began.

Last edited:
sv3672;n9653291 said:
Although making Geralt return after his apparent death is also how the games began.
Riven-Twain;n9653631 said:
It's rather difficult to keep a great witcher down.
It's tradition!

But as to the topic. Ciri/Geralt bad ending, Dea burial, Vesemir, Graham, Orphan's of Crookback Bog, the guy at the end of the Phantom of Eldberg, Crach, Skjall, Olgeird, Lambert there are a bunch of them.

Last edited:
Old man Vesemir's death and funeral got me. I was literally crying like a little girl when I saw Ciri crying for him and the Background music was so perfect at this moment that I couldn't hold myself.

slothman32;n9749181 said:
Who is Sheala again?

Sheala de Tancarville. One of the major sorceresses in TW2 (and the books). If she survives TW2 then Geralt finds her in the dungeons while rescuing Margarita Laux-Antille in TW3.

The only person we spent the most time with, who also died, was Vesemir. He felt like an old, caring man, and his death actually teared me up. Definitely Vesemir.

"Off screen" death of Geralt in the "third" ending. The whole playable ending left a terrible feeling in me, but the end was such a heavy depressing downer.
This really made me sad.

Last edited:

Guest 3847602

Saddest one? It's probably Iris for me, then Bloody Baron and Anna Henrietta. Crach's was also sad because it seemed like nobody even cared about it.
Although, I think Keira would've won the contest had I ever caused her death.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom