Major Stuttering, CPU and GPU Drops

+
So I have an Omen 17ct, I'll post the specs later today when I'm home to get them. I've benchmarked at Ultra settings and I had a average of 56 fps, and NVIDIA optimization puts all of the settings at the highest option.

Nevertheless my game runs smoothly and randomly my CPU and GPU usage drop dramatically, and the game stutters for about a minute, then goes back to normal. I've tried to reduce crowd size, reducing graphics, restarting the game. The CPU usage and GPU usage stays just below 100% and whenever it starts to stutter, both drop down to single digits.

So far it has happened during character creation, the initial Nomad Scene (car repair), tutorial with T-Bug, and eating noodles with Jackie.

Anyone able to explain whats going on and how to fix?

Sounds like either a memory or a power issue. If it dissapears by itself after 1 minute it might also be some background process that steals the usage i guess. Since its a laptop? im guessing its some power saving thing...

Okay, I'll take a look at any power saving features and get back on here with results. I'll post my specs later as well. If it's a memory issue wouldn't the ram usage be high as well?

Thanks for your help!

Okay, I'll take a look at any power saving features and get back on here with results. I'll post my specs later as well. If it's a memory issue wouldn't the ram usage be high as well?

Thanks for your help!
Yea the memory issue cold be running out of ram but also Vram and could be pagefile related perhaps. Some people have been having stuttering after opening the map for example. Its seems it just opens the map on top of the game rendering(i saw a 1-1.5 gb vram increase with just opening the map).

Hmm you running any overlays? Checked up on the power settings? windows has its own and im guessing the laptops manufacturer has some too. 16gb ram should be enough but i see that high use at times with mods/background processes. Gpu vram im guessing its 8gb? What settings are you playing at? Does it happend if you run it at low settings too? Might be an issue with the games install too, have you tryed repairing the install? how are the temperatures when it happends? Both cpu and gpu can underclock if they get hot enough. if the cpu does it it could give these symptoms since the gpu is dependant of data from the cpu/memory.

I've gone though all of windows power saving settings, but I'm not entirely sure what settings I should be reducing. I have all my power settings switched to performance, as for overlays, I don't know how to check if I have any. I tried undervolting my cpu and I'm running the fan at its max setting. Background processes are nil to none. I am playing at the NVIDIA Optimized Settings, which are basically Ultra, with Quality DLSS and Lowest level Raytracing. I haven't tried repairing install, but i have reinstalled it once already. As for the temperatures, I'm not entirely sure either.

I haven't tried to run it on settings any lower than what I have currently. I have tried running it without DLSS and Raytracing, but the problem persists.

Thanks!

If you have nvidia geforce experiance installed it has a performance overlay showing some stats. alt+r enables the overlay. you can also use alt+z too show the entire overlay with settings. i would recommend: options(wheel)/hud layout/performance/advanced so you can see GPU temperature. The power settings should be as high as you can probably, this game loves power.

What resolution are you playing at?

Since its a laptop im suspecting its either power or temperature related. Temperature issue could be almost impossible too solve without a hit too performance.

i'm playing at 1920 x 1080 Fullscreen, im connected to an external monitor. would using the built-in help any?

Top Bottom